1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Want to use Joystick on Fanatec Wheels for Glancing ?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Tony Winslade, Apr 15, 2014.

1. I have both Fanatec Clubsport Formula Rim and BMW GT3 Wheel.

Is there anyway way I can use the left side joystick on the wheels for the glancing left/right option in the game?
    Being able to use this would be preferable...as I'm sure you would be able to control how far you could glance in any direction....up, down, left or right.....almost Oculus Rift style you could say...

2. I would like to be able to use that also but, I believe that was suggested and might be possible in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hope so....it would make sense if it were possible

4. I posted about this in the AC forums. Luca said they would look into mapping this later on as RaceNut has said.

• Like Like x 2
  5. (off-topic) Somewhere I have seen there is the possibility to use the side joystick as a mouse (I'll post it if I find it).

6. Yes ...that option is in the Fanatec wheel software what you use to calibrate the wheel.
    I did try it but it just made the mouse cursor appear on screen while driving ingame....
    I'll look into it more see if there is a way round it.

7. Jeremy Roberts

Jeremy Roberts
    Premium Member

The mouse option is available in the 177 beta driver. I don't have any issues with the cursor staying on screen though. The mouse can be activated / deactivated by pressing the bottom right black button on the wheel.

Edit: The activation button may also be configurable - can't check atm as I'm in the middle of building a new rig.

• Like Like x 1
  8. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

Yes, I would like to use the mini joystick on my CSR to glance left/right/back. I'm surprised this was overlooked considering the Fanatec relationship with the game.

9. use xpadder software to bind it to any key, A S D (left, back, right)