Walls as ripple strips

Is there any problem in using walls as ripple strips? i could just use the ones available in xpacks but wanted to go for green/white ones, i see the textures in enis' xpack but not sure how i would use them in any other way other than walls. Not got any maps into the game yet so don't know if you get any feeling when you drive over the ripple strips when using the wall method.

Sorry if none of that makes sense :)

Attachments

• greenrumble.jpg
    greenrumble.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 1,092
I use walls as ripple strips all the time. Gives you great variation. Also, it does allow for the canned rumble effects, if the material you assign to it has that effect attached to it. Need to set the properties to collidable and drivable (I think - am not in front of my BTB right now) and this will also give you geometry-based feedback.

Using walls allows you to edit the cross section really nicely. However, it doesn't allow you to easily do saw-tooth rumble strips. I started using this technique as it allows me to do Nurburgring-style deep rumble strips where the landscape joins to the top of the rumble strip, rather than the stip being something built 'onto' the track surface.

Having said all that I don't know if there is any problem with this technique as far as processing efficiency is concerned.... hope not!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back