1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wall issues

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Chris Mackenzie, Nov 19, 2011.

1. hey all....I'm having a strange wall issue in a track that Im currently making.....the Ai are driving right through a certain wall on my track.....other walls are fine and the cars bounce off -its just this one piece!

I've even tried turning the wall around to see if that helps but it doesnt.....moved the "drivelines" corridoors etc etc without success

any ideas on a fix....so frustrating...

2. ehrlec has the correct advice for making sure the AI aren't intentionally aiming for the walls, but I think Chris needs to also check that the wall is set as collidable.
  3. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Yes, it could be that simple. Or perhaps something else.
    Chris, have you tried deleting this piece of wall, and then creating it again?
  4. yup tried all those suggestions....in the end I have pulled the corridors back as suggested - and that has worked (so far) only thing I am worried about is "players" getting a cut track warning as I believe the corridors are responsible for determining the "boundary" of the track....

I also think part of the issue was getting a correct line and speed approach to the area in question (its a high-speed dropping chicane) no the Ai werent pointed directly at the wall....they seemed to change the line I had set....seems all good now cheers for the advice

Just have to finish the track now....