1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

wall export to 3ds max question

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by dampire, Apr 8, 2009.

1. is there a way just to import a line or spine?

I am making guardrails and the walls in BTB have 4 points and dont have a back side when you unfold them.

Also noticed a problem when you run into the END of these makeshift guardrails I made they will lock your game up giving you 1 fps till you are away from that section.

I am trying to do as much as i can in BTB before i put it in 3ds max and having a line or spine i can loft would be easier than dealing with the current walls.

Suggestions welcome :)

2. Go to Edit Materials tab,
    select your wall texture & check double sided.
    make sure you hit ok.

Now your wall should have a back on it.

Haven't had any slowdown with the ends myself.
    Anyone else??

If you really need a spline you could reduce a wall to just 2 points & clean up the excess in Max.

Cheers

3. forgot about the magic CTRL button for adding points (would be nice to have the ability to set exact x / y but I can survive by editing the xml I guess).

Thanks for the 2 sided thing . . .

I think the game is bugging out because its an open shape, was a C shape with the back of the C being open, and the car was getting either under the guardrail causing the extreme lag or hitting the end of the guardrail.

Going to lower it a little or put an imaginary wall there.

Here is another question for ya.
    At what point does the wall come in contact with the vehicle?
    I am noticing it come INTO the car currently. Does this mean it comes in contact at the X value or is it because of the odd shape? I would assume it would contact the car as soon as it touches the surface of the wall.

4. I'm not sure exactly but i would assume it would collide at first contact with the wall.
    It will also be dependant on the collision values on the vehicle.

I also have a wall where the car seems to go inside it but am yet to investigate it properly.
    It's from an old 0.4.2.3 project so I'll probably delete it & start over anyway.

Cheers