Wagnum's Graphics Mod

Misc Wagnum's Graphics Mod Final (I promise! ;)

Login or Register an account to download this content
Don't give up yet ;)
the new installer worked great, but any chance it could be run from within a folder rather than from the root dir (just to keep things tidy) ;)

Top job though, 8am at brands looks nice :)

Here's a question that will likely get me a slap in the face. I enjoy project cars, I particularly enjoy sunset and sunrise (the red glow to the clouds in winter) can that be recreated at all or is that just not possible?

Other than that, top job as always :)
Unfortunately thats just the way JSGME works but having said that the only files that end up going in there are the MOD folder which includes all the files, the JSGME.exe which does the work to move things about, and the ppfilter which ends up in the ppfilter folder so the only file that doesnt end up in a separate folder is JSGME.exe.
As for giving up i'm kind of addicted now so ive spent most of today getting the colours more realistic and then have just started playing with the filter and managed some proper decent improvements (see image above), especially if the cockpit is too dark for your liking...

No questions get a slap in the face unless your just being damn right rude so no worries :) I do have project cars but havent played it for yonks as the FFB just isnt good enough in my opinion. Can you tell me what settings you like in PCars (Time and weather) so I can start it up and have a look as I may look into implementing something similar if i think its worth while :)

You know i said i werent going to annoy people by bringing out release after release... Well after playing with some of the filter settings as someone complained about the brightness in cockpit and there being too much bloom in daylight I found a different approach and tests so far to me at least take this up a massive notch! I think people will be pleasantly surprised as the outside has less noticeable bloom with a more ambient tone to it which just pulls the image together to make it look more real. Then on top of that ive got the cockpit detail now popping and with the new bloom effects the cockpits look simply stunning!View attachment 122169

Soooo, you updating it again lol? I'd like to try that, looks nice.

`
Soooo, you updating it again lol? I'd like to try that, looks nice.
Not yet but very excited to do the next release as havent played with the filter in a while and what ive done seems to have added a LOT more realism to it. It may turn some people away as the look is changing significantly but for all those who wanted a brighter cockpit, we'll have some happy campers plus the cockpits while driving just look so god damn gorgeous with the adjustments its hard to concentrate on the road!
Been playing the new tombraider and although they have gone over the top with the effects, it does make it look visually stunning so have tried to implement what they did in that in a more subtle manner and from what you can get out of these filters, its doing a pretty awesome job! :)

Still playing with the settings to get it just right though as want to keep my releases down to annoy as few people as possible plus if im going to make big changes towards realism, i want to get it right and test the hell out of it first...
Screenshot_alfa_romeo_giulietta_qv_monza_21-2-116-10-44-0.jpg

Think what i'll be doing from now on as I have changed the filter significantly is keeping the original filter for those who like that look but have this second filter which moves towards the realism spectrum. On my 4k 65" tv the new one looks certainly better but as the effects are less noticeable (although there being more of them), on a smaller screen at lower res they may not be as impressive. People then have the choice although i'll definitely be keeping the new one on from here :)

Ive decided that i'm going to rework the cloud weathers as with the new way my "work in progress" filter works I can achieve a slightly clearer light cloud weather with it looking decent now (some blue sky during high sunlight times). With this in mind mid cloud weather will be brightened so it fits between light and heavy cloud weathers once this is finished.
Once thats all done it'll be heavy testing time, pictures and vids done and uploaded and then new update so reckon will be ready for next weekend :)

`

Not yet but very excited to do the next release as havent played with the filter in a while and what ive done seems to have added a LOT more realism to it. It may turn some people away as the look is changing significantly but for all those who wanted a brighter cockpit, we'll have some happy campers plus the cockpits while driving just look so god damn gorgeous with the adjustments its hard to concentrate on the road!
Been playing the new tombraider and although they have gone over the top with the effects, it does make it look visually stunning so have tried to implement what they did in that in a more subtle manner and from what you can get out of these filters, its doing a pretty awesome job! :)

Still playing with the settings to get it just right though as want to keep my releases down to annoy as few people as possible plus if im going to make big changes towards realism, i want to get it right and test the hell out of it first...View attachment 122293

First, I agree, tomb raider has (imo) some of the most impressive and immersive visuals that I have seen in a game, ever. The effects truly engross you in the environment. It's incredible how real they feel even if they do have a movie esk quality / look to them, I think they truly benefit from it.

Looking too real can look a bit dull/flat so having the right effects really can suck you into the world.

As for PCars, true, the FFB is a mess.
But on occasion it looks nice, Something along the lines of the sky at 18:00 Sakitta in Feb looks nice. The sky and clouds have slight tones of red etc and it's very attractive.

In fact, an example of this in AC would be Mid Clear / 08:00 / Donnington (short version) and switching between your filter and the evolution filter.

The evo filter has slightly more morning (golden hour) colour in the sky, it's nice, but I prefer your softer look as its so smooth and really improves the GFX. Your sun flair etc too are all really well done!

First, I agree, tomb raider has (imo) some of the most impressive and immersive visuals that I have seen in a game, ever. The effects truly engross you in the environment. It's incredible how real they feel even if they do have a movie esk quality / look to them, I think they truly benefit from it.

Looking too real can look a bit dull/flat so having the right effects really can suck you into the world.

As for PCars, true, the FFB is a mess.
But on occasion it looks nice, Something along the lines of the sky at 18:00 Sakitta in Feb looks nice. The sky and clouds have slight tones of red etc and it's very attractive.

In fact, an example of this in AC would be Mid Clear / 08:00 / Donnington (short version) and switching between your filter and the evolution filter.

The evo filter has slightly more morning (golden hour) colour in the sky, it's nice, but I prefer your softer look as its so smooth and really improves the GFX. Your sun flair etc too are all really well done!
Just checked out those conditions in Pcars and I do like the look of the clouds in some ways but the things I like about them is not easily managed in AC. Basically I can get the clouds looking better and more similar at low level light but if i do that then the high level light then gets screwed because its all dynamic. If there were more depth to the controls on what you could achieve then it would be plausible but making it all work during all times of day at all locations while achieving something spectacular is my goal but I think it is rather elusive in some ways.
Basically to get the clouds to take on the colour of the sunlight (which is something you'd like I assume) you can manage this but then if you push that option then the clouds lose their colour and so they disappear against the sky and you end up with a washed out sky, especially during daylight hours. You can try pushing up the strength of the sun to affect the clouds more but that in turn ruins the lighting everywhere else. There's other controls that affect this as well but that lovely depth to the clouds in Pcars when the sun is behind them is something AC just doesnt do as well.

I am still tinkering however and my next update is a big improvement in the realism front so hopefully you'll appreciate plus i'll add a little more red to the sun during early hours on mid/clear and clear and that'll certainly help. I'm able to run it at above 50fps in 4k whereas Pcars ive got no hope and in standard weathers that AC sticks to it definitely looks better personally for me so i'm happy where its going :)

I agree,

The once of the nicest things about AC is that runs so well and still looks so good. PCars runs Poorly on my system.

I have a 970 and run at 1080 and I can't max out the settings and get 60fps, however in AC I'm all but maxed except reflections on medium instead of high. It's a good performer.

I see you what mean about the sky, if you make it look a particular way at morning it destroys the image during the afternoon, and a good example of that is evo filter. It looks good in the am but looks awful (imo) during the rest of the day and particularly when looking at the sun.

Parking up and staring at the morning sun with your filter is drastically better than any of the other filters, which speaks volumes really.

Looking forward to the next update, this version is already close to being perfect so I'm very excited to see what's coming next :)

this looks decent. thanks. i dont know where assetto corsa is going. is seems to be with very average track mods and drifting. right now. both which i feel suck. there is only so much a graphics mod can do when the 80% of track mods are very dull and poorly made. assetto corsa has the best handling out there to date. it is awesome. feels great. but the modding part of assetto corsa is kinda setting it up to be the racer for people with low end pcs i feel. becasue all the mods of tracks a very low end. there are not many out there that shine at all. there are 1 or 2. its a shame. i wish i knew how to create tracks myself. but i never looked into it. but there must be some guys out there that can do a top job. assetto corsa could be amazing with the right modders. thanks for this graphics mod. ;)

Hey, there,

Just noticed, that you are not enable DOF in filter setup. Why is so? Or for what reasons?
Ive largely ignored it due to the fact it only has an affect on replays like chromatic aberration. I do like it for replays but know some people would complain about the frame rate if included so havent bothered... If you want I can include in my next update but like I say, it only affects replays from my knowledge and even then there's not much you can do with it except control the strength of what's in focus using the aperture levels.

Looking forward to testing the version Wagnum. Thanks for continuing to push the envelope and striving to pull the best quality possible from this game.

any chance of some comparison shots ;)

Is there a way to install without jsgme?
Yes, is it causing issues then? Jsgme is a very simple tool which just moves the files in and out from the MOD folder. This is why if you look at the the stuff in the MOD folder, they are already in the necessary location from AC's root folder so they end up in the correct location.
If you don't want to use it, delete the cloud and weather folders from AC, unzip the download wherever and replace them with the wagnum ones from the MOD folder. Make sure to put the ppfilter in the necessary folder as well.

WagnumPI updated Wagnum's Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Substantial filter adjustments and weather tweaks

View attachment 124266 Will update imagery on main page eventually but here's a snippet of light cloud weather.

Everything has been adjusted but main things have done are as follows;
- Higher threshold for glare to prevent too much around midday
- More evened out ambient lighting across weathers as some were too bright.
- Substantial changes to clear/mid clear weathers so the sky is now much more blue. Sunlight has also been pulled back a bit as it was washing out grass colour.

Read the rest of this update entry...

The ppfilter seems to work for me but if I use any of your weather presets everything is very dark. I followed the instructions and used the jsgme, is there something I may have missed or screwed up? Exposure is at 100% and all the Kunos weathers look fine.

The ppfilter seems to work for me but if I use any of your weather presets everything is very dark. I followed the instructions and used the jsgme, is there something I may have missed or screwed up? Exposure is at 100% and all the Kunos weathers look fine.
Peculiar as just checked and seems fine this end? If you've double checked the exposure with the page up and down buttons in game and it still persists can you perhaps take a photo so I can see how bad it is.
I've only adjusted the ambient light slightly and no one has had these issues with previous uploads. As I cant see how severe it is I did check the default filter and it is a fair bit brighter so depends on the severity of your issue whether or not there is an issue. May sound silly but is your monitor/TV properly calibrated? Other than that i'm at a bit of a loss without further info...

Peculiar as just checked and seems fine this end? If you've double checked the exposure with the page up and down buttons in game and it still persists can you perhaps take a photo so I can see how bad it is.
I've only adjusted the ambient light slightly and no one has had these issues with previous uploads. As I cant see how severe it is I did check the default filter and it is a fair bit brighter so depends on the severity of your issue whether or not there is an issue. May sound silly but is your monitor/TV properly calibrated? Other than that i'm at a bit of a loss without further info...

It's most likely a problem with my system, I pretty much have constant, random problems that nobody else has ever heard of. I presume I installed it all correctly since the PPfilter and the weathers all show up and I was able to use the jsgme to activate them. I have fairly low end TV's for my racing setup so they don't really have any kind of calibration option, but all the stock weathers look fine and all other games look fine (well, fine as in not dark). I haven't tried your most recent update, I'll install it when I get home in a couple hours and see how it looks. If it's still dark like the previous few versions I'll send a screenshot. Don't spend too much time on it though since it's probably something screwy on my end, I was just wondering if there was an additional step I was missing or something.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back