Wagnum's Graphics Mod

Misc Wagnum's Graphics Mod Final (I promise! ;)

Login or Register an account to download this content
WagnumPI updated Wagnum's Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

You know I said no updates for a while... well......

Right, hopefully this will be it for some time now... I basically have had quite a few people not so keen on the blown out look in bright bright situations (driving towards the sun etc) so have made some minor adjustments to tackle that but still want to hold on to the getting blinded feel a little as I like the effect. Hopefully people will be happy with the result! :O_o:

I also realized that in light and mid cloud weathers the sky's were getting way to blown out so hardly any detail up...

Read the rest of this update entry...

To do my last update I was only testing on Mugello. Ive now just tested Light cloud at Monza and can see it's pretty screwed so reworking if your wondering why it looks terrible... Will update this weekend along with some adjustments to Heavy cloud which I think are far better looking and more balanced.

lol I hear you...
I've been tweaking my filters for MONTHS and I'm still unsatisfied..
Filters look different on so many tracks...
We always go back to tweaking more, and then we notice it looks bad on another track, etc...
I wish there was some kind of "consistency" between all tracks.

One tip, but I'm sure I don't have to tell you cos I bet you already figured it out by now...
It's always best to test on Kunos tracks, cos modded tracks often have bad lighting.
(some are too dark, some too bright)
It's weird though cos you just mentioned two Kunos tracks. lol

As for me, I used to test my filters on Joux Plane (cos it loads very fast lol)
but this track has very very bright grass and I tended to make my filters darker to compensate.
Now I prefer to use Vallelunga or Imola.:)

Say, recently, you said that you noticed some settings in your filters that could dramatically
improve the look. Did you get to it already?:)
Yeah usually use mugello as it has inclines, declines and long distance viewing so can get most things sorted there. Each track has slightly different lighting however and I must have mucked up light cloud quite badly. Know what to do to rectify just need the time to do it.
As for that improvement, it made clear daylight weather look better but everything else got screwed up so had to ditch it unfortunately...

Light Cloud weather improved substantially (For good I hope!)

Although I thought I had sorted it, light cloud still looked terrible in certain locations at certain times of the day. Ive had to do a lot of tinkering to find a sweet spot and think ive found it. Expect it could be improved on slightly but adjusting one thing upset another and so on so it's taken me a good few hours today to try and get it right.
On another note, ive changed heavy cloud weather so that the sky is brighter at noon and the horizon colour at sunset is better so there's more...

:thumbsup: Stop with the updates, I can't keep up LOL
Hopefully that's it now for a while. Annoyingly once I start playing I notice an issue and don't want everyone else to put up with it or think I've done shoddy work so try and update as soon as possible. Think everything's fixed now! Will hopefully have time to give the mx5 a try tomorrow. May catch ya on steam

Hey Wagnum, Thanks for the great mod, love the clouds especially :) One small bug, in the 7_heavy_clouds ini's there is a rogue 0.77 at the bottom which causes acServerManager to crash with the error
'acServerManager.exe Error: 0 : Weather Unknown file format. Couldn't parse the line: '0.77'. while parsing line number 0 with value '' - IniParser version: 2.2.2.0 while parsing line number 27 with value '0.77' - IniParser version: 2.2.2.0'

Hey Wagnum, Thanks for the great mod, love the clouds especially :) One small bug, in the 7_heavy_clouds ini's there is a rogue 0.77 at the bottom which causes acServerManager to crash with the error
'acServerManager.exe Error: 0 : Weather Unknown file format. Couldn't parse the line: '0.77'. while parsing line number 0 with value '' - IniParser version: 2.2.2.0 while parsing line number 27 with value '0.77' - IniParser version: 2.2.2.0'

Right you are, thanks for letting me know. I probably put it there to keep track of something but I'll get it removed and update. Cheers for the heads up :)

Last edited:
Hi,
I've been messing with the auto-exposure settings as it's still bright white track and sky at some points and found these settings to be working nice...

[AUTO_EXPOSURE]
ENABLED=1
DELAY=0.5 ; delay in seconds for auto exp to adjust
MIN=0.33 ; min auto exposure
MAX=0.48 ; max auto exposure
TARGET=0.2 ; target average brigthness that auto exp is trying to achieve (0 -> 1)
INFLUENCED_BY_GLARE=0

Your original target of 1.0 is making it always stick to the MAX you specify, even in very sunny / bright conditions, where it should be going to the MIN, by changing it to 0.2 the exposure is pretty much stuck on the minimum all the time for bright sunny weather and on the max for heavy clouds / dark weather (and it will adjust for everything in between)

Try those and let me know what you think, I'm gonna take some screenshots later (in-car) and ill post em up..

Hi,
I've been messing with the auto-exposure settings as it's still bright white track and sky at some points and found these settings to be working nice...

[AUTO_EXPOSURE]
ENABLED=1
DELAY=0.5 ; delay in seconds for auto exp to adjust
MIN=0.33 ; min auto exposure
MAX=0.48 ; max auto exposure
TARGET=0.2 ; target average brigthness that auto exp is trying to achieve (0 -> 1)
INFLUENCED_BY_GLARE=0

Your original target of 1.0 is making it always stick to the MAX you specify, even in very sunny / bright conditions, where it should be going to the MIN, by changing it to 0.2 the exposure is pretty much stuck on the minimum all the time for bright sunny weather and on the max for heavy clouds / dark weather (and it will adjust for everything in between)

Try those and let me know what you think, I'm gonna take some screenshots later (in-car) and ill post em up..
Hi Dave, Thanks for the heads up. Ive been playing with this today actually along with adjusting the ambient and sun light in the weather settings to take a slight edge off the shadows and brighten the cockpit a bit more in sunny weathers. I'll try your settings along with the other adjustments and see if I can find a sweet spot. Thanks for letting me know :)

Hi Dave, Thanks for the heads up. Ive been playing with this today actually along with adjusting the ambient and sun light in the weather settings to take a slight edge off the shadows and brighten the cockpit a bit more in sunny weathers. I'll try your settings along with the other adjustments and see if I can find a sweet spot. Thanks for letting me know :)
No probs man, I love your filter, just the exposure settings were a bit bright, I hadn't a clue how they worked till I was trying to tweak Natural Graphics mod for the Oculus and ears1991 explained how all the target stuff worked for me.

No probs man, I love your filter, just the exposure settings were a bit bright, I hadn't a clue how they worked till I was trying to tweak Natural Graphics mod for the Oculus and ears1991 explained how all the target stuff worked for me.
Ive been working on it most the day now (Got an injured ankle so cant do much else) and think ive found a nice spot. Couldnt take the target down to the level you suggested as it caused a few issues with the darker weathers but think ive found a point where it takes that edge off the brightness so most people will be happier. Have increased the ambient light on sunny weather to compensate for the lower target so it keeps it still bright but not blown out which I think is what most people have the issue with plus have darkened the heavy cloud weather as that was being brightened by the adjustments. Want to check everything over before releasing so will probably do so tomorrow.

Hope your happier with the adjustments but at least if your not and you want to stick with your edit, the weather files should work better with that too :)

Brightness issue and Light Cloud work

Right so in this update ive spent absolutely ages trying to get the clouds look better in Light cloud weather. Annoyingly depending on what track you play on affects the look but think ive found a spot which works with all Kunos tracks. In the process I had to change the lighting so it looked right with the sky so been quite a few adjustments here.
View attachment 120803

From the suggestions of others ive also changed the exposure settings as most people ive heard from werent so keen...

Hey Wagnum. Do you Think you could in your Weather.ini's add a tag to the weather name? That way we can keep the original ones in and at the same time see which are mods. For example like this:

Weather.ini
[LAUNCHER]

"NAME=Mid Clear Wagnum ; name of the weather as it will appear in the launcher menus".

Right now they just say "Mid Clear" like the original ones by Kunos. I know you say to get rid of the originals, but i like to keep em and it makes it clearer overall since theres a lot of weather tweaks out there. No biggie though, just an idea. ;) Thank you.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back