Wagnum's Graphics Mod

Misc Wagnum's Graphics Mod Final (I promise! ;)

Login or Register an account to download this content
Interesting!
And what is mean TTL?
True To Life. Trying to get the brightness and colours as close to reality as I can. Trying out Reshade now as well as much easier to use than SweetFX and allows for the effects to be switched off by the user if they don't want them.
Planning not to drive everyone crazy with constant updates on this one. I'm nearly there with completing it but sitting on it and checking every couple of days to see if I can see anything else that needs improving as doing it constantly you become blind to all the imperfections...
Will be included on this download as apposed to a separate one but just in a completely separate folder in case there's people out there that prefer my Wagnum mod. Personally though I feel like i'm achieving much closer to what I want with this and overall currently really happy with it.
Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_4c_ks_nordschleife_13-2-117-10-48-57.jpg
Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_4c_ks_nordschleife_13-2-117-10-48-24.jpg

Looks awesome mate! Do you test your filters with triple screen? I always had too much brightness when using PP filters on with triples, yours being the less exagerated of the ones I tried. I mean, on non sunny conditions its perfect, really amazing colors and all but when its clear skies then the brightness is almost unbearable (using the NV filter). I read that this was likely AC related more than PPfilters, I'm just wondering if you found a workaround for that?

Thanks for your work BTW, amazing stuff :)

Looks awesome mate! Do you test your filters with triple screen? I always had too much brightness when using PP filters on with triples, yours being the less exagerated of the ones I tried. I mean, on non sunny conditions its perfect, really amazing colors and all but when its clear skies then the brightness is almost unbearable (using the NV filter). I read that this was likely AC related more than PPfilters, I'm just wondering if you found a workaround for that?

Thanks for your work BTW, amazing stuff :)
I have a ultra wide screen monitor (Which i do my modding on) and then play on my living room telly (Got a fold up racing chair...) but no triple screens i'm afraid. Brightness with this game seems to always be an issue, either being too bright or too dark depending on setup it seems as had plenty of people saying the game is too dark. To me i'd say the new one (TTL) unfortunately is brighter. Having said that it's brighter due to a higher gamma but the sunlight has been toned down on sunnier weathers so it might work okay on triple screens but unfortunately no way of knowing i'm afraid. Looks just right on my calibrated monitor but all screens are different. Will be releasing this week so can try it soon as it's all ready, just need time to refresh my eyes and check it all over again to look for any little issues.
Hopefully will work fine but if still too bright could be worth tampering with the autoexposure settings in the filter and set the target to a lower number. That way it will want to sit at a lower brightness level and you should be able to find the look you need with your setup :)

Brightness with this game seems to always be an issue, either being too bright or too dark depending on setup
True, I once had it too dark when not using PP filters and now its too bright with them! (But it still looks way better)

Hopefully will work fine but if still too bright could be worth tampering with the autoexposure settings in the filter and set the target to a lower number. That way it will want to sit at a lower brightness level and you should be able to find the look you need with your setup :)

I think thats exactly what I have been looking for, thanks for the tip! Since the problem is really just there when the sun is blazing, that could tone the brightness down for these occasions. I'll try that with the current version of your filter later today and see how it goes!

WagnumPI updated Wagnum's Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

New True To Life graphics mod included

Decided to try something new so have gone about making an alternative graphics mod included with my original. The gamma is a fair bit higher in this one so cockpits should be brighter and the overall look i think is lighter. Have tried to replicate reality as best i can although the skies are a right bummer as due to the way they work it's impossible to get it precisely true to life. Nevertheless have tried my best and hopefully it works well with all tracks. Have gone slightly colour blind...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for this! I seem to have it working although like the guy above, it doesn't quite look as good as the screenshots - maybe it's just me.

One main issue though is it seems a little overexposed occasionally? Most notably when going up the straight towards Les Coombes at Spa it's super bright to the point where I actually struggle to see the apex. Pressing the page down button apparently lowers the exposure multiplayer but it seems to have stopped working.

Is it just me or has SweetFx stopped working ? I use it without PP via Oculus Rift CV1 and I had tweaked it really nice and came back after week or so recently and it does not seem to be working or activating .... maybe is my old worn out eyeballs !?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 274 13.4%