Cars Work stopped on - W.I.P. Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wheels / tires combo look like they could use better shaders, same as the exhaust pipe, but other than that looks amazing!
300k is fine if you're using a good optimized cockpit_LR and LOD_B, which is what the game will be using most of the time anyway. What matters mostly to AC is object and shaders count, most important texture size as well (kn5 not over 45-50mb)

Thank you @A3DR

I still pretty newbie in this stage of SDK and texture maps, i need to learn how its work the best way possible because the shader effects i do hardly achieve the results I really would like.

wheels uses the same cfg as car paint with less ambient,
theres a bake texture, color map, normal and detail

For tyres are the KsTyres with minimal changes
if I change it, so becomes too bright or too dark. .
Another issue is that the entire tyre object uses the same texture and material, for that reason I have not done a better specular or added more reflections.

39223742755_48ffd1bd1c_b.jpg

The expectation would be something like this::roflmao:
25251243747_ba9e278c36_b.jpg

other kind of textures that bothers me are that it involves metal and little chrome level parts - exhaust pipes and brakes rotors for example. I'll look for more info and see if I can get something better. So far all 33' shaders are based on what I found in the AC official community.

Thank you @A3DR

I still pretty newbie in this stage of SDK and texture maps, i need to learn how its work the best way possible because the shader effects i do hardly achieve the results I really would like.

wheels uses the same cfg as car paint with less ambient,
theres a bake texture, color map, normal and detail

For tyres are the KsTyres with minimal changes
if I change it, so becomes too bright or too dark. .
Another issue is that the entire tyre object uses the same texture and material, for that reason I have not done a better specular or added more reflections.

39223742755_48ffd1bd1c_b.jpg

The expectation would be something like this::roflmao:
25251243747_ba9e278c36_b.jpg

other kind of textures that bothers me are that it involves metal and little chrome level parts - exhaust pipes and brakes rotors for example. I'll look for more info and see if I can get something better. So far all 33' shaders are based on what I found in the AC official community.

Are you saying that the rim shares the same texture map as the tire itself? you could still use a separate shader for each, same for the bolts, disc, caliper, etc. each should have it's own shader. The texture looks detailed enough, could probably use some shader tweaks and a better normal map to make it stand out.
Check out my 512TR if you like the look of the new tires to see how they're done, I think they look similar to what you're trying to achieve (or at least take those settings as a starting point):

Showroom_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_14-0-2018-9-7-31.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_ks_laguna_seca_14-1-118-9-13-21.jpg

Last edited:
I mean the tire object only - tread and sidewalls . At first I thought it would be the best way to do it. the rims follows the way of what I did for the car paint area. but theres a own texture for it

And yes it's something like that I would like. I have some of your cars it's amazing how it looks in my game

The best I got so far was this. I'm going to try other settings and edit the texture a bit

40124377281_8b0247cf95_b.jpg

this tread texture I did using 3D editor - (highpoly mesh to bake occlusion and normals) based on RE711

Free mod

Also, I need to inform for those who are waiting for this mod than our activities with the R33 are stuck because lack some relevant data to finish the physics, mainly related to suspension geometry - springs travel, free length, dampers etc.
Well I just do the 3D and textures, but this is what the physics modder (Arch) tells me.

And though related to 3D work I'm willing to do any R33 (awd, rwd, road, drift or race specs) I can't say if the Arch would want to do the same, he did a great job for the GTR34 in the past and was willing to do the R33 GTR physics, but in fact the GTS25t and drift specs are a doubt yet, So I may need another physic expert to help me with these cars. Let's see.

Free mod

Also, I need to inform for those who are waiting for this mod than our activities with the R33 are stuck because lack some relevant data to finish the physics, mainly related to suspension geometry - springs travel, free length, dampers etc.
Well I just do the 3D and textures, but this is what the physics modder (Arch) tells me.

And though related to 3D work I'm willing to do any R33 (awd, rwd, road, drift or race specs) I can't say if the Arch would want to do the same, he did a great job for the GTR34 in the past and was willing to do the R33 GTR physics, but in fact the GTS25t and drift specs are a doubt yet, So I may need another physic expert to help me with these cars. Let's see.
Australia is known for their R3x GTR love, maybe you guys gotta dig on aussie forums and stuff

these are the standard values for suspension aligment on the r33 gtr
Front:

Camber: - 0º50' +/- 45'
Caster: 3º55' +/- 45'
Toe in: 0~ in 2 mm
King pin inclination: 15º20' +/- 45'

Rear:

Camber: -1º05' +/- 45'
Toe in: 0~ in 5.2 mm

also the front suspension is the same as in the GTS-T so you can also find info about that.
http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/...111364-guide-r33-gtr-suspension-r33-gtst.html

also found these videos about one R33 GTS-T

Leonardo Ratafiá Thank you,

Already have some of these data but I'll post some more details about what we need now, based on what the Arch told me:

Travel to bumpstop and the droop travel
Bumpstop thickness
Weight distribution Front/rear would also be good
Damper rates
Rollbar thickness and dimensions to calculate ARB

Free length is no longer needed

Thats what is missing to finish the physics, same for GTS, having enough data also for the GTSt it will certainly be done with the GTR

Also I already asked for this in some Skyline's communities as SAU and GTR.UK
but I didn't have any reply so far, perhaps because my request was not so clear to them or simply no one were interested
So after a few months no reply I asked the SAU's moderator to delete/lock my topic

My topic in GTR.UK is still active
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/547114-r...e-lengths-spring-travel-data.html#post5583906

I'll try other forums very soon,

Theres a R33 GTR owner than even did measurements on his car to help me with a more accurate 3D model but his 33 is heavily modified (engine, suspension, tyres, brakes and so on). so its not a good reference to a R33 stock mod according to himself.

Leonardo Ratafiá Thank you,

Already have some of these data but I'll post some more details about what we need now, based on what the Arch told me:

Travel to bumpstop and the droop travel
Bumpstop thickness
Weight distribution Front/rear would also be good
Damper rates
Rollbar thickness and dimensions to calculate ARB

Free length is no longer needed

Thats what is missing to finish the physics, same for GTS, having enough data also for the GTSt it will certainly be done with the GTR

Also I already asked for this in some Skyline's communities as SAU and GTR.UK
but I didn't have any reply so far, perhaps because my request was not so clear to them or simply no one were interested
So after a few months no reply I asked the SAU's moderator to delete/lock my topic

My topic in GTR.UK is still active
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/547114-r...e-lengths-spring-travel-data.html#post5583906

I'll try other forums very soon,

Theres a R33 GTR owner than even did measurements on his car to help me with a more accurate 3D model but his 33 is heavily modified (engine, suspension, tyres, brakes and so on). so its not a good reference to a R33 stock mod according to himself.
Regarding the 3D model... I am not sure if this tip is useful at all, but Gran Turismo Sport got the R33 in the latest content update. I imagine that car should be clean and super accurate for visual reference, but I am not sure if you'd be able to measure something. Just a brainstorm idea :)

R33 is one of my favourite cars so I wish you all the best to be able to finish it :)

This is honestly amazing, the visual aspect looks stunning (props to you for making it:D). I love Japanese cars of this era, so I am really looking forward to this one!

Nice to see you opted to do the GT-S as well, personally I love it when there are multiple variants to choose from, as opposed to just one model. a 400R and perhaps the Autech 4-door would be great to see in the future, though the current offerings are more than enough:p

In regards to the RB25 sounds, I'd suggest to just use the same samples as the RB26, they are essentially the same engine, one just has more power and an extra 100cc, so it's not like that will change the sound that much. If anything the RB26 potentially has a slightly more raspy note than a 25 (assuming both are stock), which you could simulate by muffling/editing the 26 samples to be used on the 25;)

As for the specs, I can't really be of much help, most of those specs aren't usually published. One of the best places to find specs on the net imo is Automobile Catalogue
http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1995/2137250/nissan_skyline_gt-r_v-spec.html
If you can't find what you're looking for there, the only other alternative I can think of would be forums. That said I've found a number of automotive forums these days are fairly dead (possibly why you got no reply on SAU), potentially as people have moved to the likes of Facebook groups, so it may be worth checking those groups (although facebook groups have been known for people who are a bit thicc in the head lol, so take care). Otherwise just search for other forums that appear more active:)

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck with this, this is probably my most anticipated mod now:laugh:

Isn't the Kunos R34 flawed though? I've heard in some places that the front end of the Kunos R34 is not as precise or accurate as the real V-Spec R34.
So you "heard" but cannot tell the difference yourself... then it's not that bad right? not that it has anything to do with the R33 anyway, but the only big issue with the R34 are the roof proportions and shape, that's a bit off compared to the real car. Other than that is a very good model, wouldn't call it inaccurate at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%