(w.i.p) Lola B12/60 Rebellion Racing

Pre release can be found here
==============================================================

What is new or changed in v0.99 (March 3rd 2015)?

- basic drag increased, so a little reduced top speed
- the range for the downforce is reduced, as it had too much of it
- new tire models for the slick and endurance tyre.
- improved some textures.
- added a new upgrade feature.

Enjoy!! :)

==============================================

What is new in version 0.95: (Jun 17th 2014)

- updated physics, car is softer, so more grip on the rear.
- centered the left rear brake disc.
- adjusted the tire change, refueling and driver swap times to more realistic ones.
- added new skins which were made by our member Joao Fernandes :thumbsup:

Still to do:
- static shadows on the template
- driver animation
- camera positions
- head position of the driver and the head...

==============================================

Update v0.92 (Jun 5th 2014):

- update the engine, which should now have the performance of the Toyota 3.4L V8 RV8KLM.
- the standard eye point is more forward.
- added an ALT skin from Rebellion Racing, so not everyone needs to drive a black car. :)

===============================================
Info:
After the Pescarolo 2008 LMP car I started working on my next model.
Again a prototype, this time the LOLA B12/60 used by Rebellion Racing in the FIA WEC.

Here some screenies of the WIP:
GRAB_033_zpsb1dfabd6.jpg
GRAB_036_zps4ca7f2e5.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha10_zps77a8f5f3.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha8_zps8659b6d7.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha9_zps0ab9b021.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha11_zps341c67f6.jpg

buttonboxcopy_zps79763c67.jpg

sneekpreviewwip_zpsf0684ac5.jpg

The work on the cockpit is almost done. Got some problems with the COCKPIT instance whichh doesn't seem to work. If that is done/fixed . I need to make the rpm leds on the steering wheel work and finally the lights, so night driving is possible too. :)

I have done some work on the sounds inside the cockpit, but I could use some help on that.
If someone could help me with that that would be very much appriciated and you will be in the credits.
The sounds need to be from a Toyota 3.4L V8 RV8KLM.
If you can help me, please pm me. :)

I am thinking about releasing this as open source aswell as soon as it's released.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that the worn tyres are not retained as the data transfer is too great. I guess all the tyre wear data has to move from driver 1 PC to driver 2 PC.

Anyway. I too like the idea of tyre change taking more time to add the complexity of double stinting for pit stop advantage.

What is new in version 0.95:

- updated physics, car is softer, so more grip on the rear.
- centered the left rear brake disc.
- adjusted the tire change, refueling and driver swap times to more realistic ones.
- added new skins which were made by our member Joao Fernandes :thumbsup:

Still to do:
- static shadows on the template
- driver animation
- camera positions
- head position of the driver and the head movement.

Uninstall the older version before installing this new one.

For this version, thanx go out to:
@Joao Fernandes for these beautifull skins he created.
@freddy Schornstein for taking the time to test all these version I fired at him. :)
@Dennis Coufal for preparing the times for fuel, tires and driver. :)

Awesome job guys, thanx! :thumbsup:

Enjoy!

I did a made video of my best hotlap with Version 0.95.

You dont see the big diffrence as much on the replay as rF2 cuts out some of the details, but you can see on the way I drive, that the car is working a lot better now. Much more composed, but not too grippy. You still need a sensetive right foot.

Top speed is 7kph higher at the moment and laptime 0,7 seconds faster than last year. Maybe there will be a bit more drag in the next version. I think it is pretty close :)

New Version:

Old Version:

Real LMP-1 (not as quick as a Rebellion 2013)

Of course I did! :D But I meant the wing configurations ^^ Sorry if I was unclear with that :)
And what do the 4 power configs do? I cant really feel more wheelspin or a higher topspeed with all 4 settings :D

Last edited:
Very, very well done car!
With the latest update I'm now able to drive around Nords and Le Mans without loosing the rear in every corner :p, the car now handles just as I would expect it to!

I noticed one little issue with the cockpit though: When I go into instant replay, some parts of the cockpit disappear and I can see the tarmac when I regain the controll of the car.
(Sorry if the Problem has already been adressed)

Very, very well done car!
With the latest update I'm now able to drive around Nords and Le Mans without loosing the rear in every corner :p, the car now handles just as I would expect it to!

I noticed one little issue with the cockpit though: When I go into instant replay, some parts of the cockpit disappear and I can see the tarmac when I regain the controll of the car.
(Sorry if the Problem has already been adressed)
Nice to hear some feedback regarding the physics. I hope for some more comments as I did most if the testing only on one track:whistling:

With what kind of settings do you drive (low, mid, high, max)? And it only happens in replay?

No, in Replay everything's fine, but once replay has finished and I'm back in the cockpit I have this issue. It only resolve when I reload the track.
I play with high details on every setting.

Here are some pics, the first two are the "correct" ones, then I let the instant replay run and then it looks like in the last 2 pics:

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3658/llcr42dh_jpg.htm
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3658/hfjegxi3_jpg.htm
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3658/nhxfgepc_jpg.htm
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3658/2lhvej5j_jpg.htm

Edit: It also happened in the previews versions, so it's not related to the last update.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back