(w.i.p) Lola B12/60 Rebellion Racing

Pre release can be found here
==============================================================

What is new or changed in v0.99 (March 3rd 2015)?

- basic drag increased, so a little reduced top speed
- the range for the downforce is reduced, as it had too much of it
- new tire models for the slick and endurance tyre.
- improved some textures.
- added a new upgrade feature.

Enjoy!! :)

==============================================

What is new in version 0.95: (Jun 17th 2014)

- updated physics, car is softer, so more grip on the rear.
- centered the left rear brake disc.
- adjusted the tire change, refueling and driver swap times to more realistic ones.
- added new skins which were made by our member Joao Fernandes :thumbsup:

Still to do:
- static shadows on the template
- driver animation
- camera positions
- head position of the driver and the head...

==============================================

Update v0.92 (Jun 5th 2014):

- update the engine, which should now have the performance of the Toyota 3.4L V8 RV8KLM.
- the standard eye point is more forward.
- added an ALT skin from Rebellion Racing, so not everyone needs to drive a black car. :)

===============================================
Info:
After the Pescarolo 2008 LMP car I started working on my next model.
Again a prototype, this time the LOLA B12/60 used by Rebellion Racing in the FIA WEC.

Here some screenies of the WIP:
GRAB_033_zpsb1dfabd6.jpg
GRAB_036_zps4ca7f2e5.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha10_zps77a8f5f3.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha8_zps8659b6d7.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha9_zps0ab9b021.jpg
lola_b12-60_alpha11_zps341c67f6.jpg

buttonboxcopy_zps79763c67.jpg

sneekpreviewwip_zpsf0684ac5.jpg

The work on the cockpit is almost done. Got some problems with the COCKPIT instance whichh doesn't seem to work. If that is done/fixed . I need to make the rpm leds on the steering wheel work and finally the lights, so night driving is possible too. :)

I have done some work on the sounds inside the cockpit, but I could use some help on that.
If someone could help me with that that would be very much appriciated and you will be in the credits.
The sounds need to be from a Toyota 3.4L V8 RV8KLM.
If you can help me, please pm me. :)

I am thinking about releasing this as open source aswell as soon as it's released.

Last edited:
What does the "KILL" Button do. Does it shoot missiles?:roflmao:

About the physics, look at the HDV file of the WSGT megane. They make use of new features. :geek:. You probably know more of these things. ;)

When it's time to start working on the physics I will turn to @Knut Omdal Tveito :)
I hope he will have time and is able to use the "flex" body features.

The "Kill" button is only for the developer to kill all other cars when the try to pass him. ;) Yes, some kind of weapon... more like an EMP puls kinda gadget. ;D

Small update:

I had a little sat back this weekend in modelling.

The tail lights on the passenger side do show up but won't in the driver side of the car. Strange behaviour. After I added the light the wheels are all over the place. I might have to redo all the pivot points..... :p I hoped to have finished the car modelling stuff and started working on doing the sound and physics.
This week I am rather busy with work, so might have no time untill friday to work on the model..

Will keep the interested peeps posted. :p

Small update:

Doing the low, med, high and max meshes at the moment.

I got the sound pretty much sorted, but am waiting for a response from the maker, so I really can use it... else.... back to the drawing board.....:p

Also the physics start getting shape, although the overall performance is just a second or 2 of the real life pace.... It could be my own slow driving though :D

Hope to release this baby soon, but that depends on the sound and physics to come together..

Still waiting for some skins... no response on that from anybody. :cry:

Hey Stefan, I've started working on a skin and just want to know if the template has no shading or if this is because I opened the template with Gimp?!
If there is no shading, do you plan to add one!?

Anyhow the mapping and template looks good so far! Keep up your great work ;)

I didn't put in any shaders as the game engine should take care of that. :)

Looking forward to the skin. :)

Still waiting (more than a week) for a sign of life from RMi Release Group on the sound files...... :p

OK. Anyhow I personally wouldn't spare the static shading as the game engine only renders shadows from parts on parts but no environment shading or ambient occlusion (at least as far as I know!). You should have a look at the template from the Civic. In my opinion the combination of material settings, material textures and game engine result in a great appearance of the car in the game! AFAIK even the AC cars have static shadows on the template and all together the cars have a great visual appearance too ;)

Nevertheless it's your mod :D

Regarding RMI: I really don't know if those guys are still that active part of the com. Maybe you can take other sounds from a different car? I don't know how the car sounds but maybe you can take some default ISI sounds in combination with some small refinements?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%