1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

W.E.C. Paddock Chat.

Discussion in 'Xbox One | World Endurance Challenge' started by Michael Watts, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

Chat here about the Series, or off-topic things.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

***Announcement***
    Dyno-Might Motorsports, has just signed young talent Lucas "Taco" Gortman to their team to drive the #84 BMW Z4 in the next 8 races. After recent success in the British GT series with a 1-2 finish in the Championship, Gortman, joins established Drivers: Eric Cline and Michael Watts. We hope to enjoy more success in the future with our Driver Line-up and push the boundaries of Performance and Competition.

-Dyno-Might Motorsports

• Like Like x 3
  3. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Welcome dyno might motorsports taco

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Beautiful dog, man. Sorry to hear.

5. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Thanks man he was the best and smartest dog I had ever owned. Loved and missed dearly

• Love Love x 1
  6. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Hey robert are we running the gt4 sat?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  7. Sorry to hear that Eric, very sad. Having lost many family pets I know it's always difficult for all involved.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    • Love Love x 1
  8. I didn't realise that was due this weekend.. it's actually supposed to be the GT4's at Oulton Park Fosters though.... For some reason I thought it was free week this time. May be a bit late to get it going now though.

9. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Just ran a quick 20 laps at fosters.gettinga cconsistent 100.5 in race on average think i got a 158.7 in quaily...hope that is going to be competitive.

10. I've never run the alternate configurations at Oulton yet. I enjoyed the full layout we ran in the GT3's though. We had a good battle there for a while before the game froze me out :thumbsup:

11. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I may need your setup Eric, My best is only a 59.95 I average about 100-101 in race conditions.

12. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Ok its the project cars eu setup..think its the nurienburg gp one with 0-3 wing..but yea we can go over it after work np.

13. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Only place I can see to make up any time is the first downhill left into the sharp right..too fast of an entry will start to tank slap then its grass time

14. I feel like the Ginetta's are going to win all of these races, they seem to be really nimble compared to the other gt4's. Haven't really tested the aston out much at fosters though

15. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I get my TX back today

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Good luck Michael, hope this one gives you more acceptable results :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  17. Rob

Rob

I had the same concern. And still do, but I figured that opening things up to choice is better than closing things off. If the Ginetta is faster, people will gravitate towards it. I still think the Mustang can be fast at certain tracks. It was for me when I tested it. Almost took it, but it struggles around corners.

I think you can come up to speed here in a hearbeat. First off, these are slow cars. Second, we now have many good setups as a base. Third, it's a short race. The only issue you might have is over-steer, but after driving that bastard 78D, I think anything is going to feel like slow motion. lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rob

Rob

I flirted with a 58, until the last corner. lol. But, I will say, the track is perfect for these cars. I was worried it would be too short, but it's not. It's also very fast and very old school. That's a great combination, IMO. Also very dangerous. :O_o:. You would not think so in these cars, but damn. Eric, it's not only grass time for me if I take that kink in 5th the wrong way (which is the fastest to me) but wall time too. Also after the first hard right, the next right can be tricky (don't put too low a ride height in) because you have to cut that corner with at least 1/2 of your car flat out to be fast. And if you are just a tiiiiiiiiiiiny bit off, it's BUMP....then "oh s*it'

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

The Ginetta may flurish here but it may not be as good as the Aston's straightline speed at Road America, and Watkins Glen. You have to look at the overall. The Bentley's struggled at Outlon Park in the GT3 and the BMW was just about flawless. The Ginetta vs Aston comparison is roughly the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rob

Rob

I'm not sure you can compare engine parts with humans behind the wheel. I'm not going to beat Peter much of anywhere, but definitely not in an open wheel car that is identical.

• Haha Haha x 1