VWSR S4: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it required to have a teammate, I'm not against it just not really aligned with anybody and being a rookie and a backmarker they won't be jumping at a chance to have me on their team:laugh:. So how wonder how you would pair drivers up.

Is it required to have a teammate, I'm not against it just not really aligned with anybody and being a rookie and a backmarker they won't be jumping at a chance to have me on their team:laugh:. So how wonder how you would pair drivers up.

No, you sign up as an individual. Your team mate will be assigned to you :geek:. You can work together to get good results in the Teams Championship. :thumbsup:

If you prove yourself the slowest driver. The fastest driver will be assigned to you. ;)

@Sean Greenlaw
The mechanism exists (Driver Transfer Market) to choose your own team mate so no problem.
Edit: and yes nice idea about setups. I think its important as the improving drivers are the ones who will get most benefit from it and so it will encourage staying and progressing. We would encourage willing racers to put setups in the setup part of the site so all RF2 drivers have the chance to inprove in the car for the benefit of the League/s.

Last edited:
Any details on the rough timespan of this leauge?
With the VSC2 being every two weeks it may start after that, so drivers get some preperation time.
I fear I have to miss out on this leauge as I am absent from November until mid December. Maybe I can join as a reserve or something. I would also be willing to work as an "engineer/trainer" for new drivers as I have experience with that and just drive the rest of the season without competing in the drivers or constructors championship.

EDIT 24/8/2014.
Please be aware that signups will open in the next 24-48 hours.
A thread will be created for signups.
We are in final stages of discussing some tweaks and scheduling.
Please read the original post and FAQs prior to signup and feel free to post any unanswered questions in this thread.
More details and final calendar will be updated but at this stage we are aiming for 2 test races in Sept and race 1 in early. We want to ensure that there is no conflict with VSC2

Any details on the rough timespan of this leauge?
With the VSC2 being every two weeks it may start after that, so drivers get some preperation time.
I fear I have to miss out on this leauge as I am absent from November until mid December. Maybe I can join as a reserve or something. I would also be willing to work as an "engineer/trainer" for new drivers as I have experience with that and just drive the rest of the season without competing in the drivers or constructors championship.
Fred
see post above re dates.
You are very kind to offer your help to newer drivers.
Maybe we use the server that will be set up for a test race and invite drivers to join you at practice. Using team speak and onboard you can help as well as sharing setups etc.

Is avoiding collisions with the FSR calendar considered in the race calendar?
Yes Dino. Thanks to work by Gijs No conflicts Full calendar for FSR, VSC and FR 3.5 below. I will insert FR3.5 in the original post now.

FSR: Sun 14 sept

VWSR: Test Race 1: Sun 21 Sept

VSC2: Fri 26 Sept: test race
FSR : Sun 28 sept
VWSR: Test Race 2: Sun 28 Sept

VSC2: Round 1: Sat 4 Oct
FSR: Sun 5 Oct

VSC2: Fri 10 Oct Test Race
VWSR Clio: Round 1: Sat 11 Oct
VWSR F3.5: Round 1: Sun 12 Oct

VSC2: Round 2: Sat 18 Oct
FSR: Sun 19 Oct

VSC2: Fri 24 Oct Test race
VWSR Clio: Round 2: Sat 25 Oct
VWSR F3.5: Round 2: Sun 26 Oct

VSC2: Round 3: Sat 1 Nov

VSC2: Fri 7 Nov Test race
VWSR Clio: Round 3: Sat 8 Nov
VWSR F3.5: Round 3: Sun 9 Nov

VSC2: Round 4: Sat 15 Nov

VWSR Clio: Round 4: Sat 22 Nov
VWSR F3.5: Round 4: Sun 23 Nov
VWSR Clio: Round 5: Sat 6 Dec
VWSR F3.5: Round 5: Sun 7 Dec
VWSR Clio: Round 6: Sat 20 Dec
VWSR F3.5: Round 6: Sun 21 Dec

Please use this thread to sign up.
Please also ensure you have read all the information on the announcement thread.
Especially: Calendar and team formation process and FAQs..
Any questions not answered there please feel free to post a question on the announcement and info thread. We would like to keep this one free for signups.

Once you have signed up for the League please feel free to vote in the poll below for track selection.29/8/2014 The vote is now closed and results have been counted, If you vote it will not count but your phone company may still charge you. Do not vote if watching this thread on playback.
Thanks and welcome.
28/8/2014 Edit: We have (24 plus 3 reserves @ 29/8/2014) drivers signed up at this stage. Please dont be dissauded from siging up. Without any disrespect to anyone, in my experience of 5 seasons of RD racing leagues there are usually one or two or three that don't get to the grid for race 1. Then there are some who don't make race 2. There are also ppl who will not be available for certain races. So my guess would be that for example signup #26 or #27 will most probably get plenty of races.

Poll information:
These tracks have working DRS zones
Spa Francorchamps- League
Circuit of the Americas -GP
Newerburg GP Circuit
Hockenheim GP*
Monza GP*
Silverstone
Sepang-Malaysia
Unknown
EDIT these have DRS too!

Suzuka
Bahrain
It would be nice to include a low downforce track (Monza) in the season and Suzuka has produced great racing in these cars. We will run with the majority vote unless there is a technical issue with a track.
Happy voting.
NB please only vote if you have signed up!!!!

Signups:
  1. David O'Reilly Car # 12
  2. Calum McLure
  3. James Bolton Car # 3
  4. James Sadler Car # 44
  5. Martin Bulgin Car #11
  6. Daniel Bida Car #23
  7. Richard Hill Car #97
  8. Cordell Cahill Car # 15
  9. Teddy Buch
  10. Tappio Rinneaho Car #37
  11. Aleksi Kivela Car #58