VWSR S4: Round 5 - Magny-Cours

I really enjoyed my debut race at RD and VWSR, the result was a pleasant surprise for me... first of all I thank RD for hosting the race and broadcast and I thank all the drivers for the race.

I Didn't have high hopes going into this race , as I generally struggle with FWD cars, and I only had little practice with the car and track But the good thing was I really liked the flow of Magny course, the fast and flowing tracks suit me.

one lap quali was exiting, I managed to get two decent sectors but I made a mistake in the middle sector, so I was surprised to be in 8th position at the end of quali.

Race 1 went without incident , I managed to keep up a consistent pace and made up a few positions, and had a good battle with James Maskell , and I was very pleased to finish just outside the podium in 4th.

Race 2 was more eventful ,I lost a couple of positions at the start and I was charging hard to regain them and at some in the race braking into turn 3 , we were almost four wide, and I locked my brakes and had to run straight on off the track to avoid collision and ended up loosing more positions and dropping to 14th, after that I put my head down and put in some clean consistent laps and my plans of tire conservation went out through the window ! I had some good battles with April Dillon, Andreas Oehrlich, Conrad Venter,James Maskell.
Also there were big incidents involving many cars in front which meant towards the later stages of the race I was fighting for a podium spot again ! On the final lap bad luck struck and my game froze and crashed to desktop, destroying all my hard work , which was extremely disappointing :( I was also afraid my car which I could not control might have taken some one out,but fortunaltely nothing had happened. but I had fallen all the way to the back of the pack to 15th :(
In the end I am quite satisfied with my performance and had a fun race with no incidents !

Looking forward to the final race in Montreal I believe I will struggle as I don't like the stop-start nature of the tack. we shall wait and see how things unfold, im looking forward to meeting you all next week, cheers ! :thumbsup:

First of all big thanks for everyone involved in organizing, broadcasting and taking part in the race!

I hadn't touched the Clios since Croft but luckily the track was one I really like so I felt at home quite fast.

Third fastest in practice with a 1.56,4 was ok but my qualifying lap was a little too cautious. Fifth place with a 1.57,1 wasn't too bad though. Sorry for everyone in teamspeak for making a lot of noise during quali, I should have muted my microphone when I put my headset down for my lap.

In the race I had a nice battle with Franklin for most of the race over P4. Franklin got some damage when a driver in P6 missed his brakemark into Adelaide and hit him. After Franklin got damage I still couldn't overtake him until he hit the wall in the last chicane. I saw him going wide, swerved to left but unfortunately his car shot to the middle of the track and I had nowhere to go. Had I stayed on the racing line I would have got through unharmed :rolleyes:
I got a lot of damage there and just tried to keep up with the pack of Freddy, Niranjan, Simon and co. In the end I was eight after Gijs rolled his car on the final lap in the chicane :D
This was a nice moment in the race: E. The link doesn't work. Anyway, it was at 26m12sec in the stream. I felt like Ricardo Zonta there :D

Third in the grid meant I was in a good position to fight for win. James and Freddy got past me early on and soon also Christian dropped me down to 6th. I was still well placed in the battle. On lap 4 then I managed to go past James and Andreas and half a lap later I found myself leading the race after Freddy and Christian made contact in Adelaide. From 6th to 1st in 30 seconds :p
After taking the lead I quickly built a gap of 1,5 seconds to the chasing pack. Franklin had battled from 19th in the grid to the second place and he really made me push. I was sweating like a pig and shaking trying not to let Franklin in my slipstream. Luckily I was way faster than him on the corners so he had no chances to pass me. Half a second gap in the finish for my first league win ever! :thumbsup:

Massive thanks for @Franklin Stegink for battling with me in both races and pushing me for my first win!

Had a bad qualy with some mistakes in my last mainly in the last sector so started only from P11.

Race 1 was fine. Had a good start and could start my way to the top. Had Later in the race nice fight with James and Tapio. Sorry again Gijs for the spin in lap 1. But i was already at your side and you left me no space to go.

Race 2 was dissapointing. Had again a good start and was batteling with Christian and Tapio. Later a had Teddy on my tails. In L4 was some confusion in the hairpin and i jumed a head of Andreas but he tapped my back slightly. I had no chance and spun and collected the rejoining Frederic which ended both of our races :(

Hopefully i have a better final round.

Again 2 races with very different results.

Race 1. First corner someone bumped me i spun into the barrier and lost a wheel. Race over. :(

Race 2 was much better. Starting last i was able to recover several positions and had some fun battles.

Since this was my first time driving on this track i wasn't expecting much. Avoiding incidents and try to stay in the middle of the field would be a great result. If it wasn't for the first race the goal might be achieved but loosing a wheel on the first corner wasn't something i was expecting. At least race 2 was super fun. ;)

I've really enjoyed the series and if it wasn't for @John Broadmeadow I never even would have known about the series or even considered buying rfactor.

When I told you to join this league, I didn't mean beat me in every race! :redface:

Was hoping for a better result this week but unfortunately a poor start in race 1 lost me too many positions that I couldn't get back. Still had fun trying to work through the pack. Sorry for the little bit of contact at turn 2 Joao, saw you running a bit deep and then was too eager to take advantage and just followed you.

Best pace of all races i drove so far but also the worst result.

With p6 in qualy and the best racelap in race 2 im kinda pleased with myself and my progress as a driver.
On the other side i had the worst results of all races with p12 in race 1 and dnf in 2.
After all i dont know exactly how to feel, after the race i felt terrible of course but now it isnt as bad as it was.

I started at p6 but forgot to shift to neutral after the formation lap (Hello Auto-Clutch) and did almost start with red lights on.
After some confusion i was at p10 before the first corner, disapointing start for sure but with a good pace i thought i could retake some places.
Long story short, i guess i went off track more then anybody in both races dont know why, maybe lack of concentration or just trying it to hard. With the wall ending my second race in the end.

Now i hope i can sustain the pace for montreal and combine it with a more constant racepart to end my first simracing cup proud :).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.0%