VWSR S4: Round 4 - Mid Ohio (No Chicane)

My Qualifying wasn't as good as i wanted it. Had two little Mistakes which cost a bit of time, could have been the Pole otherwise.

Race1: Great Start, after that i had a little bit of trouble in the first two Laps - the car didn't made what i wanted it to do. After that it got a bit better and i could go my Pace as Gijs never gave me the Pressure that i had to worry about him :)

Race2: Awesome Start again, in Lap 1 from P9 to P6, then a Lap later passed 2 Guys on the Straight to P4. When i was behind Frederic and Jimi it was really hard to pass. Was funny to bumpdraft Frederic past jimi, haha :D

Later it was really hard to pass Frederic, i gave it everything but i couldn't get past. I was a lot faster in that Stage but it's not easy on that Track. 5Minutes before the End i had a good move around the Outside of the Hairpin and could make it Stick. Great Fight. :)

Sad that Gijs had a DC in Race1.

Looking at the gaps between the quali laps it was clear that it would be a very close racing event. Managing the expectations i wanted a consistent pace and take advantage of other people mistakes and mishaps. Of course it's easier said than done. :p

Race 1 result was good with a result in the top 10. It could be a little better but a little incident on the final minutes made me loose some positions. A nice race with some battles and a good start for this event.

Race 2 was the opposite. Starting at the front of the grid i knew i wouldn't be there for long but right from the beginning things went wrong. After the first corner three guys were side by side with me getting a little squeezed into the grass i held the car in a straight line but Franklin came too close and i touched is rear which made him spin. Sorry about that but i really had nowhere to go.:(
After a few corners someone bumped me went wide and spun. Lost a lot of positions but now had to focus on minimizing the damage. Started to recover but after a while another incident made go off track and loose the positions i had gained. Now things weren't looking good and just tried to finish the race.

Although two different results had great fun and the racing was though and competitive. No matter if i was at the front or the back there is always competitive people to race. :thumbsup:
Now it's time to start practicing for the next round in a track i never drove.:D

After a few corners someone bumped me went wide and spun. Lost a lot of positions but now had to focus on minimizing the damage. Started to recover but after a while another incident made go off track and loose the positions i had gained. Now things weren't looking good and just tried to finish the race.

yeah, that was me :unsure: i was trying to give you space on the outside but i ended up clipping the kerb and going wide, i'm really sorry about that :(

Was unfortunate to see @Sky not feeling well, hope you're feeling better now. :)

Apologies to @Rui F. Martins for the tap into T1 in R2. No harm done from what I could tell, but perhaps not the kind of surprise you want in that situation. :p

honestly i didn't noticed it :D i sligthly touched the kerb there, it migth have hidden that situation, no worries, you really made me work hard not to be overtaken when you were rigth behind me :thumbsup:

thanks @April Dillon , i feel slightly better at the moment.

that race was a nauseous, head thumping, flashing lighted blur. no idea where i finished. will have watch the broadcast back at some point.

bloody mid ohio.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 214 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years