VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Points table

Points table Race 1.
P01 - 66 pts
P02 - 60
P03 - 56
P04 - 52
P05 - 48
P06 - 40
P07 - 36
P08 - 32
P09 - 28
P10 - 24
P11 - 20
P12 - 18
P13 - 16
P14 - 14
P15 - 12
P16 - 10
P17 - 8
P18 - 6
P19 - 4
P20 - 2
P21 - 1

Points table Race 2
P01 – 35 pts
P02 - 30
P03 - 28
P04 - 26
P05 - 24
P06 - 20
P07 - 18
P08 - 16
P09 - 14
P10 - 12
P11 - 10
P12 - 9
P13 - 8
P14 - 7
P15 - 6
P16 - 5
P17 - 4
P18 - 3
P19 - 2
P20 - 1

- points for Poleposition (3) - only for race one
- points for fastest lap during the race (2) - for both races
- points for most positions gained during race (2) - for both races

Last edited:
Liveries
Standard and custom skins will be allowed. Everyone is free to create a livery, in case you are not able to create a skin, RD have custom skins for you to pick from if you want one. No offensive content is allowed on a skin.

A template is available: template F3.5 VWSR

The template has the logo's of the livery made available by RD if you like to use one of them (see picture underneath, layers with logo's have the colour green on the template itself), and a set of original logo's used on that design (layers with yellow mark).
We would apriciate if you place an Racedepartment logo and the VWSR logo on your skin, but you're not obligated to do so. The position of those logo's has no requirements.
The template doesn't differ with the original template from ISI, except for the logo's.

Racedepartment also has liveries available, you can pick a colour combo as a team or per driver.

You can put your teamname or your own name at the sidepod where it says "Franssen" (the yellow background can also be altered on request), your name will be placed on the enginecover with flag of nationality, and colourcombo's of this livery can be requested, to note that you can change only complete Layers. So if you want all light blue colour changed as in livery example on the flyer in the top post, it will be the whole layer and not just a part of it.
GRAB_428.JPG

Attachments

• GRAB_429.JPG
    GRAB_429.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 306
  • GRAB_430.JPG
    GRAB_430.JPG
    233.1 KB · Views: 308
  • GRAB_431.JPG
    GRAB_431.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 321
  • GRAB_432.JPG
    GRAB_432.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 327
  • GRAB_434.JPG
    GRAB_434.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 304
  • GRAB_435.JPG
    GRAB_435.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Absence
If your application to drive the in league is accepted, we expect you to be present during all races of the season unless you provide an absence report with a valid excuse to the staff. If you happen to miss out on an event and go missing in action afterwards without giving any notice the race staff reserve the rights to withdraw you from this league and deny acces to other future leagues at Racedepartment.

Incidents
In cases where the rules have been broken, it is up to the drivers (in conjunction with the staff) to report the violation. The staff encourages this and will only investigate incidents that are reported by drivers.

No incident report = no investigation = no penalty

A report including video of the incident, can be sent to the staff via private message to Ian Franssen, who will discuss the incident with other staff.

Incidents are not allowed to be discussed in in the forums with naming the person in question and or showing screens or video's. A general discussion is fine as long as it is constructive. Only reports send by PM to staff are investigated, incidents posted in the forums will be removed. Please discuss it with the other person of the incident what his perspective of the incident is by sending eachother a PM, and if you still feel the need to report you can do so with racecontrol by a pm.
If a person does name and shame in the forum, this can result in a penalty for the next race or a pointreduction.

Incident reports must contain the following:
o Name of the league: VWSR - F3.5 S3
o The name of the reported driver (the violator)
o A link to a youtube or vimeo movie/video file, that shows the incident from various angles and perspectives.
o A short description of the incident, without rant, along with the timestamp.

You must always send the report with your own forum account. You can only send a report if you were actually in the race. Reports from an outsider will be not be taken into account.
After the report is sent and recieved, the staff will then investigate the incident. Incomplete reports will not be taken into consideration.

Reports must be sent within 72 hours of the finish of the race. Reports that come in late might not be considered.

Well I picked the sunday because that was the day we always held formula races, and saturday's I am usually busy with other things, or participating in the VWEC. If there is a massive request from everyone it is something to think about, but than I need to check if it doesn't conflict with my own agenda and with other events on RD.

You want 2 hours earlier because it is getting too late, or with dinner?
I tried to pick a time in the evening that would work for most europeans in the evening, most europeans should be able to eat early in the evening and go to bed before 12.00 hours. In this timezone, also people from america can join as it is somewhere in the afternoon for them. This doesn't work for southern Europe as they eat late, but I can't please everyone I'm afraid.

The easiest for me would be (if there is a massive request from everyone) to move it to sunday afternoon, but didn't check if it the dates would conflict with actual F1 races, that would be something to check.

But if there is no massive request from others, it will stay this way.

formula-renault-35-jpg.45380

What is this thread?

In this thread you can read all the latest news and announcement by the staff of RaceDepartment's Virtual World Series by Renault. Watch this thread as new posts often contain important information.

Last edited:

Looking for a driver/team? Voice your interest here in this thread!

You're not obliged to join a team, you can also form a one man team if you choose so.

Last edited:

Interested drivers, who hold a licensed membership can apply for one of the 26 places in the league. Drivers not on the immediate list will be placed on the reserves list. When we reach 36 drivers 2 divisions will be formed of 2x 18 or more. Every licensed member and owner of ISI's rFactor2 is welcome to join the championship.

All regular Racedepartment league rules apply. Make sure to have read them before signing up by clicking here

There will be a drivers championship as well as a teams championship.
Teams may enter a maximum of 1 team only, with a maximum of 3 drivers, of which one is a reserve driver.
Drivers may sign up as an individual team (independent driver) if they wish.
A reservedriver of a team, can also be an independent driver, to fill in for the main team if one of the members can't make the race. The reservedriver may only step in with the mainteam in emergencies. The drivers siging up need to have the intention to participate in all races. The reserve driver only when he participates as an independent too.
Independent drivers may switch to a team during the season, the points which they have scored before joining the team however will not be carried over to the teamchampionship.
Drivers already in a team may switch to another team for the duration of the championship, but team championship points will not be carried over to the new team.

The staff holds the right to deny entry to any team or driver based on previous championships, series, or races and their results. More active members within the RD community will be given preference, as well as drivers/teams with a proven track record in terms of commitment and driving standards.

Publication of final drivers list: TBA
Divisions: 1 league for 26 drivers or 2 leagues with 18 drivers or more.

Leave a post behind with the following information:

For Teams:
Teamname:
Driver 1:
Driver 2:
Reservedriver:

For Independents:
Teamname:
Driver:
Reservedriver for team:*

* only needed incase you are a reservedriver for another team.

Before signing up make sure to have checked if you're computer can handle the night circuits or rain conditions and still have +- 60 frames or more. Losail is not yet available, but is less of a stress on your computer than Sebring and Mills Metropark. A HDR profile is needed to run nightraces, Try several as they all have different outcome for visability. A few HDR profiles can be found in the Resources section.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONFIRMED TEAMS/DRIVERS ROUND 1:

# Teamname: 82ND Racing
1. Driver 1 - Chris Hall-Nelson

Teamname: Racerfactor
2. Driver: borja ori

Teamname: Blackline Motorsports
3. Driver 1: Christian Michel
4. Driver 2: Simon Christmann

Teamname: TXL Racing
5. Driver 1: Andrew Ford
6. Driver 2: Mark Greenall Frederic Schonstein (reservedriver) replaces Mark Greenall for round 1

Team name: MadCape Racing Team
7. Driver 1: Kevin McDonald
8. Driver 2: Tamas Foth.

Team name: Sonic Racing Team
9. Driver 1: Ricardo Martins
10. Driver 2: João Henrique

Team name: Dutch Veteran Racing
11. Driver 1: Franklin Stegink

Team name : Kimi Racing
12 .Driver 1 : David Boulianne
13. Driver 2 : Sean Greenlaw

Team Name: Aperture Motorsport
14. Driver 1: David Grönvalls
15. Driver 2: Dino Paolini

Teamname: TXL White
16. Driver 1: Calum McLure
17. Driver 2: Matt Sentell

Teamname: Scuderia Basilea
18. Driver 1: David Jundt
19. Driver 2: Martin Bulgin

Teamname: Scuderia Sorci Verdi
20. Driver: Corrado Conti

Teamname: LSD Racing
21. Driver: Nicky De Fré

Teamname: Rambulhos Racing
22. Driver: Pedro Martins

Teamname: Backmarker Motorsports
23. Driver: Jake Adams

Team name: WAM
24. Driver 2: Pedro Isento

Teamname: Hesketh
25. Driver 1: Teddy Buch (cancelled for round 1)
26. Driver 2: Romain Langlois

Teamname: Cycobe simracing
27. Driver 1: Arnaud Wafflard
28. Driver 2: Cyril Compere

Teamname: Figjam Racing
29. Driver 1: David O'Reilly
25. Driver 2: Ian Franssen (fills in for the place of Teddy Buch)

Teamname: Hotwheels Racing
30. Driver: April Dillon

RESERVE LIST:

Teamname: Figjam Racing (fills in for the place of Teddy Buch)
31. Driver 2: Ian Franssen

Teamname: Gooi Racing
32. Driver 1: Dewald Nel

Explenation Reservelist:

The people who are on the grid are accepted on the basis of when they signed up. People who joined last are on the reservelist. When a driver cancels for a round, first the reservedriver of the team has the right to enter the grid, if the team doesn't has one, first in line of the reservelist will enter the line-up for that round. If people drop out for the rest of the season it will be applied for the rest of the season by getting a permanent place on the grid.
Every new potential sign-up, will be added at the back of the reservelist, including new reservedrivers for teams who are already signed-up, and want to add a reservedriver to their excisting line-up.

Last edited:
I can understand if you cannot move it, that's is perfectaly understandable, as I am not only one interested on the league.
I was just asking, as normarlly on sunday's around 21:00 (gmt) I have a to pick up someone from work, which confilts and prevents doing the race.

I can understand if you cannot move it, that's is perfectaly understandable, as I am not only one interested on the league.
I was just asking, as normarlly on sunday's around 21:00 (gmt) I have a to pick up someone from work, which confilts and prevents doing the race.

Hopefully if we keep it as it is you can find a solution for picking your friend up:), you were looking forward to this so would find it a shame if you would miss the league:(

Sunday afternoons are a no no to those of us with young children.
Talk about a clash. One where children are never satisfied unless they are able to pull at the whele in the middle of a high speed turn.

If it's later, as planned, at least mine should be tucked into bed. Should be!

Last edited:
I'm finally getting RF2 this week chaps, is it an easy transition from RF1, I will be straight into FR3.5 testing, any tips ?

I didn't had a lot of simexperience before, but I am a complete different driver after having rf2 for more than a year compared to other racinggames. There are more aspects to deal with, as rubbered in racing line, dynamic tyre degradation, and most need some practice to get up to speed,:)
There are people who can do the transition easily, but I have seen enough people who thought they were very quick, but had a lot of trouble coping with rf2.

I would say pay attention to tyrewear when testing, and do some races to learn how it is going of the rubber line when overtaking or be overtaken. Driving agrresive through corners is something which you can get away in a lot of other racing games, most of the time you will lose time in rf2, so would say try to drive cleanly to get the most speed. And offcourse practice in the rain.

About the F3.5, in the garage you can already select some settings of the car(high,low medium downforce and another setting), so also look into that when playing with your setup.

I've only done a handful of club races with rf2 atm, I've been looking forward to this or some kind of league to really get my teeth into rf2, on the ffb side you may have to have play around to get something you like Martin depending on your wheel of choice.

The whole dynamic line rubber, tire locking, weather, on and off line passing etc really make rf2 a different sim to everything that's came before and is going to make setup work probably most difficult for all possible scenarios. It should make for some epic racing though.
I'd say don't venture to far from default to start with to with tire setup and also ffb.

Thanks guys I will bear those thoughts in mind, I'm using a Momo wheel and G25pedals with Leo Bodnar adaptor, I messed my G25 wheel up after fitting a spare Momo wheel to the G25 base, I wired the six momo buttons up to the 2 G25 buttons so the three each side just had one function and it was fine for awhile then the buttons stopped working as did the gear changer unit.

Really looking forward to this league. Better get in some proper mileage and testing in the FR 3.5.
Great car to drive and both looks and sounds awesome in replay mode.
Now who would like to skin one to look like a 2011 HRT. I'm willing to donate $ to RD.

As I already got some questions by PM, I decided to already open the Q&A.

- In the sign-up thread, I added a piece of text about the role of the reserve driver, that he can also compete as an independant driver, and on which conditions he can take over the wheel of the team of which he is a reserve driver. Please read this and if you have any questions you can ask them here.

"A reservedriver of a team, can also be an independent driver, to fill in for the main team if one of the members can't make the race. The reservedriver may only step in with the main team in emergencies. The drivers siging up need to have the intention to participate in all races. The reserve driver only when he participates as an independent offcourse, but is not obliged to participate as an independent driver.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%