VWSR S1: Virtual World Series by Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things I am pretty sure we will encounter, is an issue with Snetterton.

Those who have downloaded and installed the first online mod for RD, now have Snetterton version 1.1 installed. This needs to be removed before the 0.71 version can be installed. To do so, follow the following steps:

- Open the MOD manager
- UN tick the Show Mods Only option in the OPTIONS menu in top.
- Right click on Snetterton v1.1, and select uninstall
- Open your windows explorer
- Go to the game folder of rFactor2 (c:\documents and settings\player name\rfactor2\
- Remove the file Snetterton.rfcmp from the packages folder
- go 1 folder back up again, and enter the folder MANIFESTS
- Remove the Snetterton.mft file
- go 1 folder back up again, and enter the folder Installed. THen enter the folder rFm
- Remove the Snetterton.mas file
- Go 1 folder back up, and remove the Snetterton folder when present

Now place the downloaded version of Snetterton in the packages folder, and open the mod manager. When UNticking the Show Mods Only box, Snetterton300 should be there with version 0.71. Install that one, and you are done.

Joining the server. What to check if joining does not work?

These are some quick tips to check out if joining the server gives errors or problems.

- Lan button
The LAN option in the left bottom corner should be UNticked. I believe it's black then. The dedi server and client do not give much info to work with when a connection fails unfortunately. But there are a few things you could check when you have issues with joining.

- Password.
Do you use the league password, or the regular, club racing password? To join the RDWSR server, you need the league password, which can be found here -> CLICK

- Mod version.
There has been a new release of the test mod recently, to remove Watkins and Portugal, and to insert Mid Ohio. Fuji will follow in a later update, as it has not been released officially.
To check:
- Open the MOD manager
- Look up the mod in the list. It should be called:
RACEDEPARTMENT World Series by Renault PreTest
- and have version:
- If you have version RACEDEPARTMENT World Series by Renault Season 0 - v1.0 Then you can uninstall that one. It's of no further use. Download the latest version here

- Track versions
You should have all tracks properly installed before installing the mod. In principle, the mod should be displayed as Problem Mod when you don't have it all installed to the correct versions, but with the current build of rf2, I am not 100% sure of that.
So, check the track versions. They must be:
Searspoint v1.3
Mid Ohio v1.9
Snetterton 300 v0.71

If you have this all in order, joining should work. I have seen many people online already having a try ;)

Skinning Guidelines
Every driver of the RDWSR must compete with an own skin. No standard skins allowed. Every skin must contain your racing number which you must register and the mandatory logos which you can download here. The templates will be available via the Logo pack. It will contain the car and window template
Link: download here
In this logo pack, you will find a folder Mandatory. In this folder, there is the RDWSR logo, and the RD logo in long and short format. From the RD logo's, at least 1 has to be used!
Further there is an optional folder. In there you will find the rfactor2 logo in 2 formats. You can use those if you want, but its not mandatory
Last folder is the windows file. This is a .psd file, with the alpha layers in it. This is a conversion back from a .dds file to .psd as the official window templates are not available yet. Make sure to test these before sending them in!

When your skin is finished, upload it to two or more filehosters (Rapidshare, Mediafire, Gamefront etc etc) and post the link in the skinning thread. Not only at one hoster please. You never know what your government is going to do next.
When you fix something and re-upload your skin, ALWAYS make a new post. Otherwise we might miss it.

Files you need to upload:
Skin in .dds format
Screenshot from Showroom in rFactor2 in .jpg format

If you can't make a skin yourself, you have two options:

1) Ask someone for help. We have many talented guys at RD.
List of possible skinners:
Joakim Skalstad
Robert Wiesenmüller
(More TBA)

2) We will create a "default" skin. Send a private message to Marco Bijl or myself, containing this information:
Name: [Drivers name]
Team: [Any team name will do]
Number: [Prefered car nr]

Deadline:
Aril 8th 2012. Late entrants can contact Marco Bijl to discuss the latest time for submission.

If you want to share pictures of your skin, please take the media thread:
Clicky :)

Skinpack
We will have a skinpack, that means you should not download all the skins posted in the thread yourself, but I will collect them and pack them. The skinpack will be released via an update to the mod. This update will consist of 2 different files. Details about installation of the skinpack will be posted in the Download and instructions topic.

Number registration
Like I said, you need to register your number so we don't have doubled numbers.
Please post a prefered number on signup!

How to place these mandatory logos
You are free to place the logo's around on the car. All logo's must be used at least one. The number plates need to be visible on the roof, and on both sides. Check RD Default skin to see how it should be placed.

Questions?
For any skinning-related questions you can always contact me or Marco Bijl via Conversation.

This post will be updated when new info is released.

Number registration:
  • Eddie Hallgren - 1
  • Magnus Dahlgren - 2
  • James Scanlan - 7
  • Alex Rinas - 9
  • Ray Lilley - 12
  • Melvin Garland - 13
  • Jan Wikström - 17
  • Robert Walker - 18
  • Jari Vinnari - 21
  • Paul Walker - 22
  • Claes Alexsson - 26
  • Mattias Swenson - 30
  • Emmanuel Grossin - 31
  • Lee Ross - 32
  • Jeff Brown - 33
  • Marius Neverauskas - 43
  • Björn Petterson - 44
  • Ken Hunter - 45
  • Mathias Bonne - 49
  • Valdas Vonsavicius - 51
  • Mike Bishop - 55
  • Stuart Pickering - 66
  • Marco Bijl - 69
  • Stefan Woudenberg - 70
  • Andy White - 71
  • Christopher Hall-Nelson - 74
  • Remco de Wildt - 77
  • Dennis May - 81
  • Peter Nickells - 88
  • Dmytro Botnarenko - 147
  • Chris Butcher - 168
  • Christopher Vrettos - 514
Skin registration:
RD Skin:
  • Lee Ross
  • Alex Rinas
  • Marius Neverauskas
  • Jeff Brown
  • Peter Nickells
  • Jan Wikström
  • Andy White
  • Robert Walker
  • Christopher Hall-Nelson
  • Stuart Pickering
  • Christopher Vrettos
  • Remco de Wildt
  • Emmanuel Grossin

Signups are open. Make SURE to read the information thread, and keep up with the updates posted. Take a look at the skinning instructions before signup as well! No questions in this thread, use the Q&A for that.

Signup list:
  1. Ray Lilley
  2. Marco Bijl
  3. Stefan Woudenberg
  4. Claes Axelsson
  5. Lee Ross
  6. Alex Rinas
  7. Marius Neverauskas
  8. Mattias Swenson
  9. Magnus Dahlgren
  10. Melvyn Garland
  11. Dennis May
  12. James Scanlan
  13. Jeff Brown
  14. Mike Bishop
  15. Ken Hunter
  16. Jari Vinnari
  17. Jan Wikström
  18. Dymtro Botnarenko
  19. Mathias Bonne
  20. Andy White
  21. Robert Walker
  22. Paul Walker
  23. Christopher Hall-Nelson
  24. Chris Butcher
  25. Björn Petterson
  26. Stuart Pickering
  27. Valdas Vonsavicius
  28. Remco de Wildt
  29. Emmanuel Grossin
Reserves
  • Jonney Richards
  • Eddie Hallgren
utp#44

Well, I'll have a pop at this!! :)

Driver: Driver............. Ray Lilley
Team: Team name,.... BlueDawn Sports
Car Number:............. 12
Will use RD Skin:...... No
I have read and understood the general info thread, and the overall league rules: Yes.

Here are a preview of the RD Skin. It's not complete yet, but it's not far away :)

rfactor2201203080125360.jpg

rfactor2201203080125410.jpg

Hi Guys

Firstly nice to see a league using rF2 and the Meganes.

I have downloaded the mods and have a question I am hoping someone with more experience with rF2 can assists.

Have reduced the FFB as I was getting horendous rattling and banging with the G27. Despite reducing the settings it [rattling/banging] still persists. I have seen somewhere about turning down some in game settings to counter act this, but the "settings" to be tampered with are not mentioned.

If anyone can shed any light on how to eradicate or atleast minimise I would gratefully appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,, Liam.

Had to look a bit for the answer to the question, but I found it :) Knew it was on the forum somewhere :p
Scott and the Luc at ISI have come up with a small tweek you can do in the controller config that will ease the over powerful rattling that some G25/7 owners get when going off track or on the curbs..
Quote from scott:
...such as the G25/G27 you can try increasing this value in your Userdata/player controller.ini file (if you saved your own profile you would have to change it there as well):
Steering torque filter="0"
The range is from 0 to 32.
This will filter the FFB effect over a series of frames, which will smooth out the feedback and reduce the rattle. Please note that as you increase this value the FFB may start to feel a bit "spongy" or "numb" and that it will increase latency.
The reason you don't feel/hear this rattle in many other sims is because they by default provide some filtering. By default we do not.
The value you set this to will be down to personal preference. If it feels good to you, and the rattle/noise is acceptable, then go for it. We did some testing locally and came up with some different values.
One of our internal testers felt 4 was good.
Luc settled on a value of 8. He felt any higher felt to numb for him.
I personally like 16. I could still feel the car, catch it when it got loose, it didn't affect my lap times at all, and I didn't perceive any latency, neither visually nor in feel. Yes, it did feel more on the numb side, but after a few laps I found I liked it actually.
So, give this a try and see if you can find something acceptable...
Edit: Please note this is not a permanent solution, but hopefully will get you to something acceptable for the time being...
Important
Remeber you have to Reselect the profile for it to apply the new .InI file changes
If you simply change the .InI it will have no effect in the game unless you reselect the profile.

Driver: Driver............. Claes Axelsson
Team: Team name,.... Nordic Nosebleed Racing
Car Number:............. 26
Will use RD Skin:...... No
I have read and understood the general info thread, and the overall league rules: Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back