VWSR Clio Cup: Round 1 - Croft

Quick question !! First time for my to race online in cup at rFactor 2.. How to get online whit you all ?

Have only driven iracing before were all happens by "join" buttom pressed !

Please please reply

Not much to say this time.. Started as 8th for race 1 and lost a few places due to my mistakes. :p

Second race ...no rolling start??? I got hit 3 times in the first lap as I was on the front row with out the hits might not have goten damage and woud have been able to get in 1st after the first lap but ..... Phhhffftttt...... In the fast left righter I rolled my car???? Due to the damage of due to the hits earlier??? Don't know... major damage and returned as dead last.... crashed out in the first chicane... Could have been fun.....

Yep.... pretty dissapointed... :(

Thanx fot the organisation and hoprfully cleaner next week.... :thumbsup:

first of all i need to apologise to xavier for in race 2. i was busy watching your car instead of my braking point and i completely nailed you like an idiot. really sorry.

race 1 was cleaner, but though race 2 started as more of a disaster, (it was all a bit aggressive in the yellow bit on lap 1) i had more fun making some overtakes. the cheeky pass on the last turn of the last lap was pretty sweet.

but overall i had fun, thanks everyone!

Qualified 7th with a pb. Got a bit confused on race 1 start as i expected we were supposed to stay in formation but i was overtaken off the start by p8.
Once i gathered there wasnt to be a rolling start and we were actually racing i got back p7 by a mistake by Stefan, comfortable and lapping 1 second quicker than the car in front with about 5 laps to go my internet dropped out. By the time it came back and i had reset the router, race 2 was already underway. Gutted. I hate diconnects.

Qualifying...well....it was so close, bit sad that i didn't got the Pole cause i think this would have made the first Race a lot easier for me.

Race1...the Start was bit confusing, i could have gone for p1 there but backed of as i thought we aren't live...but well, it is how it is now. Then i made a little mistake so Freddy could get beside me and overtake me. Then i had a little fight with Frederic which ended in me going off, at least i tried everything to stabalize Freddys car that he don't spin :D but i think this was my corner and he could have left a bit more space. Race Incident...happens. :)

Race2...awesome start, bit unlucky that there were so many Guys in front of my car so i couldn't get everything out of it...the first Chicane was pretty close between p3-p6, don't, i let space for James but as it seems he had hitted the right barrier whyever, don't know.
After that i could get to P2 due to some trouble in front of me. It was really hard to get past Jimi as he defended quite well but i knew that i could go a lot faster if i would get past. After 2-3 Laps i could make a nice move around the outside after the long straight. From that point i just drove my pace and my tires were still pretty good at the end, had 70% fl, and as Simon said he had something like 45 :O
Didn't expected me to be that good on tires :D

Rewatched the Races in the Stream, a lot of good and close racing, maybe here and there a little bit too much contact but well on this track it is so hard to pass, you have to do it like that. Was fun to watch.

See you @ Poznan, can't wait - like that Track :)

Last edited:
I made a mess of my qualifying lap. I really should have been at least in top-3 but had to settle for P6.

The first race was very confusing. It took me about half a lap to realize we were actually racing and I was already about 4secs off the lead then. I had a great battle with Teddy and when I finally got past him he was unfortunately spun into the wall. P3 at the finish line after some mistakes by other drivers.

I started in P8 for the second race. I was slow off the line which allowed Freddy and Christian go past me. I took first corners way too cautiously and lost another place to Teddy. He then ran wide in the chicane and spun onto my right rear. There was nothing I could do as the contact sent me spinning and I was down at 12th place around 8 seconds off the lead. I fought my way back within two seconds off the podium but there just wasn't enough laps to fully recover from that first lap mayhem :)

Anyway it was fun once again. Thanks all and see you next week! :thumbsup:

These cars are way too much fun for how slow they are. :)

Qualy i really screwed up, missed a few apexes and just overall was a horrible lap. Was disappointed with myself to say the least.

Race1
This went rather well considering the confusion with the start. Managed to get into 8th after some mistakes. Best part of this race was running behind Joao Fernandes and i think it was sky we were chasing. Right on his rear bumper for the last couple of laps just a shame i couldn't get a move done on him. Great racing :)

Race 2
Start confusion but managed to get away cleanly. Saw Christian in my mirrors moving along the outside and tried to give him space through the first few corners. Then going through the second chicane my world turned over a few times. I don't really know what happened but it was rather quick. I was disappointed at first but the racing that followed was entertaining and made up for it.

Looking forward to the next race, see everyone there :thumbsup:

Had a great Qualy with pole. I had never expected to have the best place in the grid.

I realized already in the grid that there will be no formation lap ;) So i told Christian directly that the race has started and we could keep our position. The rest of r1 was on big defense drive because i know its so hard to build a gap to someone with a similar pace. At the end i could keep my position till the finish line.

R2: I had a good start and took the line behind freddy around the outside. So i could avoid all the crashes. Some small off tracks of the guys infront of me later i was after half a lap at the tail of Christian. A lap later there was again some off track action in front of us but here Christian could slip through and i was caught behind Manuel and Stefan. I went side by side with Stefan into the Clark Esses and the i could only see his car rolling in my mirrors. A few laps later i could pass Manuel but i saw that Freddy was following me through the gap. And i only thought again no puffer between is. Short time later Christian passed Jimmy and i knew he is gone for this race. We could close the gap to Jimmy and then a really intense battle for the rest of the race started. At the end i was the lucky one how claimed P2.

So for me it was a perfect start of the championship :thumbsup:

Thanks tor the organisation and the great commentary :thumbsup:

Qualy:
I fail my braking at the end of the straight and I go across the grass. not validated lap for cutting the turn :poop:

Race 1:
Very disturbed by the formation lap which has not been realized. I do all the 1st lap under 150 km/h :rolleyes: And I do all the race behind

Race 2:
Have a good start, I avoid the accident miraculously and i'm P8. Tapio faster overtake me easily. I try to resist Sky Willis's come back, maybe a little too stronger while she was faster and i finish in the gravel, it's not a big deal ;) I finish 10th

I hope a better races for the Free Racing :thumbsdown:

I took first corners way too cautiously and lost another place to Teddy. He then ran wide in the chicane and spun onto my right rear. There was nothing I could do as the contact sent me spinning and I was down at 12th place around 8 seconds off the lead. I fought my way back within two seconds off the podium but there just wasn't enough laps to fully recover from that first lap mayhem :)

Erf, sorry to ruin your race again. The reason of my spin is so ludicrous ... (basically I watched for half a second the overturned car in 3rd corner and I lost concentration). Thing that can happen in a practice race with friends but not in a competition. If a penalty is applied on me, It would be totally fair.

However, congratulation to Simon, Frederic, Christian and Jimi for the huge racing level they offered to us in the second race. :thumbsup:
And sorry again Tapio, you owe me two mistakes. :notworthy:

Great fun. :thumbsup:
Since this was my first time in a league race i didn't want to ruin it by making mistakes and crash the car. Being consistent and careful was the goal everything else was bonus.

First race was quick but intense. Always trying to catch the car ahead but being aware that right behind there was another car looking for an opportunity. Never a moment to relax until the end.

Second race lost several places in the first lap but slowly gained positions due to other people mistakes. Midway through had some time alone but at the end things got interesting and the battle was epic until the finish line.

In the end i'm happy for my results and for making the goal for this round.

Great fun. :thumbsup:
Since this was my first time in a league race i didn't want to ruin it by making mistakes and crash the car. Being consistent and careful was the goal everything else was bonus.

First race was quick but intense. Always trying to catch the car ahead but being aware that right behind there was another car looking for an opportunity. Never a moment to relax until the end.

Second race lost several places in the first lap but slowly gained positions due to other people mistakes. Midway through had some time alone but at the end things got interesting and the battle was epic until the finish line.

In the end i'm happy for my results and for making the goal for this round.
Was getting a bit rough at the end. My move on you was a bit hard. After loosing P2 I tried everything to close up. The hairpin was brilliant you giving me a small nudge into Jimi nearly 3 wide at the line.
In general not the result I wanted in race two with the two touches with Jimi and Simon, but I really enjoyed it :)

Erf, sorry to ruin your race again. The reason of my spin is so ludicrous ... (basically I watched for half a second the overturned car in 3rd corner and I lost concentration). Thing that can happen in a practice race with friends but not in a competition. If a penalty is applied on me, It would be totally fair.
No problem, these things happen :)
I think it was just bad luck and an unfortunate chain of events that led to that incident. I don't think you should be penalized and I for one won't be filing an incident report. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back