VW Scirocco @ Nurburgring Short/GP - Tue 13th November

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC76 (VW Scirocco - download or download)
Track: Nurburgring Short / GP

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (11 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (11 laps)

Note 1: Default Skins that come with the mod only.
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 3: Race 1 - Nurb Short + Group1 Standard car / Race 2 - Nurb GP + Group2 ETCC car

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Knut Omdal Tveito
  3. Tim Ling
  4. Rupe Wilson
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Carlos Diaz
  7. Jack Smith
  8. Roland Warmenhoven
  9. Jacob Boonstra
  10. Arnaldo da Anunciação Junior
  11. Eck Simpson
  12. Bob Hutchins
  13. Dave Stephenson
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Simon Bacon
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Sorry all - meant to say the server's up.

Remember, just do the VW Scirocco 1 & VW Scirocco 1 Gr2 - and it doesn't really matter what track the server is on to work out a gearing/setup, as the top speed part is on both tracks.

OK, previously owning 1 MK2 Golf GTi and 2 MK2 Jetta GLi dubs, I guess you can say I like VWs. Always wanted one of these but could never get one in good condition at the right price. So I was very excited to see this mod available.

I took a spin in the slowest one and was pretty impressed. I liked the noisy tires letting me know when I was pushing it too far.

Then I took the Gr2 out for spin. OMG!!...just the right amount of off-throttle oversteer, barely any on-throttle understeer, great brakes, and awesome 3 wheeling lol (if you go fast enough, your inner rear will lift). And that's with the out-of-the-box setup! Have not tried the faster ones yet but...

I can't believe I'm typing this, but there's a HUGE chance you will find me in a FWD car in an upcoming league.:confused:

Initially I felt the Scirocco (group 1 that is) had too much understeer for me. But after some more tweaking it turned out to be great fun. Have to agree with Carlos, the three-wheeling and lift-off oversteer is so addictive and with this mod you can really adjust the stance with the throttle. Haven't even tried the Group 2 yet! A lap around Sprint course in the Group 1:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 120 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 439 39.5%