Resource icon

Cars VW Scirocco Cup version 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Alistair McKinley

After an update from Reiza there is a great chance the RealFeel.INI will be overwritten, and thus you will loose the RealFeel settings for the mods.
Just be sure to have a backup of your settings for a certain mod. Then you can just copy/paste these settings to the fresh RealFeel.INI created after an update of Reiza.
So in this case, copy/paste these settings into the RealFeel.INI:

[VWSCI]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=3550.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=2
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

Hope this well help

@Alistair McKinley

After an update from Reiza there is a great chance the RealFeel.INI will be overwritten, and thus you will loose the RealFeel settings for the mods.
Just be sure to have a backup of your settings for a certain mod. Then you can just copy/paste these settings to the fresh RealFeel.INI created after an update of Reiza.
So in this case, copy/paste these settings into the RealFeel.INI:

[VWSCI]
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=3550.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
FrontGripEffect=0.000000
SmoothingLevel=2
Kf=6000.000000
Ks=5.000000
A=1.000000
Kr=7.000000

Hope this well help
Edit: It worked! Thank you! I am so dumb! I didn't look closely enough. There were two entries of the Scirocco in the Realfeel.ini. I only had removed and replaced one of them, thus, it didn't work. Thank you again! Sometimes it's that simple! :)

Last edited:
RealFeel: I have 2 Logitech "oldies" to test with, a DFGT and a G25. There will always be a difference in all kind of wheels on the RealFeel values. And of course there is a personal taste for certain settings. Just find out what value suits you the best.
While I like your mod, this statement is completely false. The RealFeel MaxForceAtSteeringRack value doesn't have anything to do with your wheel. It defines the highest force the car physics puts out to define what 100% FFB signal should be equal to, no matter if your wheel is capable of 2Nm (Logitech G2x) or 8Nm (Fantec CSW). Once you set it lower than what it should be, you're introducing clipping. In fact, with your suggested 3550 it means getting easily over 145% output, so you loose one third of the forces the car communicates. Set it too high, and you'll have an unnecessary headroom of wheel capabilities. Unless you have a direct drive wheel and perfectly real to life physics, where you can set the value to your wheel's max output and experience a 1:1 steering force. For a proper FFB with only minimal clipping (crashes, off-road) you should set the value as below for this car:

MaxForceAtSteeringRack=5150.000000

As for how to find it out, just enable console in the RealFeel config file and run AMS in windowed mode. I suggest Cascavel and Oulton for good test tracks that will give you proper (near-max) loads on the steering rack. After a full speed T1-T2-T3 in Cascavel you can exit to pits, copy the logs from the RealFeel window into an XLS and separate it to columns, sort it by forces and look for the highest value with leaving any spike that only happens once or twice out. Then set the new value and run another set of laps to see if it tops out around 100% force (+-10%).

And if you want a heavier feel, use the LowForceBoost setting in-game. ;)

While I like your mod, this statement is completely false. The RealFeel MaxForceAtSteeringRack value doesn't have anything to do with your wheel. It defines the highest force the car physics puts out to define what 100% FFB signal should be equal to, no matter if your wheel is capable of 2Nm (Logitech G2x) or 8Nm (Fantec CSW). Once you set it lower than what it should be, you're introducing clipping. In fact, with your suggested 3550 it means getting easily over 145% output, so you loose one third of the forces the car communicates. Set it too high, and you'll have an unnecessary headroom of wheel capabilities. Unless you have a direct drive wheel and perfectly real to life physics, where you can set the value to your wheel's max output and experience a 1:1 steering force. For a proper FFB with only minimal clipping (crashes, off-road) you should set the value as below for this car:

MaxForceAtSteeringRack=5150.000000

As for how to find it out, just enable console in the RealFeel config file and run AMS in windowed mode. I suggest Cascavel and Oulton for good test tracks that will give you proper (near-max) loads on the steering rack. After a full speed T1-T2-T3 in Cascavel you can exit to pits, copy the logs from the RealFeel window into an XLS and separate it to columns, sort it by forces and look for the highest value with leaving any spike that only happens once or twice out. Then set the new value and run another set of laps to see if it tops out around 100% force (+-10%).

And if you want a heavier feel, use the LowForceBoost setting in-game. ;)

As I mentioned above, I use 4500 to avoid the problem you are pointing out. However, not everyone will find exactly 5150 to be the most comfortable or suitable for their own preferences and hardware. It is not hard science, though the work you are doing to arrive at the 5150 should be the process modders follow to implement the default setting. I would be happy to start with 5150 and then work my way down to 4500 because I am willing to give up a bit of resolution in certain extreme situations to have a better overall feel the other 95% of the time. My preference. Of course, it took very little time and effort to bump things up from 3550, so no real harm done. Realfeel is adjustable precisely because one size does not fit all.

Busy to update the mod to work with the 1.4 update on AMS.

- Sounds already resampled to 44.100 kHz to get rid of crackling sound/pops, and added latest Reiza sounds for curbs/grass/gravel etc etc. Also added the latest entries on SFX-file for the audio PostFX levels.

- Updated RCD files (talent files) : added the latest entries for TireManagement & AIStartSkill.

- Downscaled series icon, and new SRS file.

- Various AI improvements, according to latest Reiza entries.

- new LCD display, will be taken from Copa Montana, and some other minor graphical updates.

- Latest AMS driversuits/gloves and moving arms will be implemented.

hummer444 updated VW Scirocco Cup with a new update entry:

Update Scirocco Cup to AMS 1.4xx standards

UPDATES:

- AUDIO FILES RESAMPLED TO 44.100 KHZ.

- ADJUSTED AI PERFORMANCE.

- GEARS: NOW 2 FINAL DRIVE SETTINGS AVAILABLE TO PREVENT REACHING THE LIMITER TO SOON AT TRACKS WITH LONGER STRAIGHTS.
NOTE: AI USES LONGEST FINAL DRIVE SETTING ON ALL TRACKS.

- DEFAULT SETUP: INCREASED FRONT TYRE PRESSURE FROM 165 TO 175 KPA, INCREASED REAR TYRE STARTING TEMPERATURE FROM 30 TO 35 DEGREES.

- ADDED NEW DRIVER MODEL AND CUSTOMIZED SUITS AND GLOVES.

- LCD SCREEN REPLACED BY BETTER FITTING SCREEN...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The arms are appearing in both on and off mode for me. While in the 'off' mode they spin full 900 with the wheel and get in the way.

Here is a quote of Renato at the Reiza forum concerning moving driving arms:

** Since arms are added as objects rather than 3D animation, they´re not articulated nor do they have gear shifting animations; for the same reason steering wheel rotation animation is limited to 90º in each direction when driver arms are installed; in some cars, driver arms configuration is merged with seat position and / or cockpit type; Most cars have visible driver arms from external view irrespective of whether cockpit configuration is used or not - exception being vehicles where this solution was not considered to look acceptable - specifically karts and Formula Truck do not feature driver arms.
End of quote.

I did set up the moving arms for this mod the same way as a Reiza car.

Just did some tests again with ARMS ON and ARMS OFF with various FOV...no problem...see pics.
Make sure, when in showroom, to click on INSTALL button to really install ARMS ON /ARMS OFF.

ARMS ON:
on1.jpg

on2.jpg

on3.jpg

ARMS OFF:

off1.jpg

off2.jpg

An original Reiza car, Chevy Cruze from Marcas.
MARCAS.jpg

Last edited:
Before posting tried switching back and forth from on to off and using a few different cars, all the same; arms were still on the wheel even in off mode for me and the wheel acted as it is supposed to in both modes just the arms spun all the way around in off mode.

DE864111765AA12743B859AA364FC4F17C3F1D76
Re-downloaded, reinstalled, overwrote everything, same result. ^^
Strange, don't know what's going on here:confused:
Are you using a steeringwheel or a gamepad/joystick? I can't remember i have to turn the steeringwheel that much in corners/turns..

BTW: mod will soon be updated again;)...in BETA the P2P system is enhanced, the AI cars are using the boost also:thumbsup: Tested it and it worked perfect with this mod. Also parameters/settings for P2P can be adjusted. So how many boosts per race/ duration of the boost/ interval between boosts. And boost can't be used at race start and first lap.
Will review/adjust the moving arms once again.
Update will be released after next public release of AMS:)

Last edited:
That pic was taken in 'arms off' mode and they shouldn't even be there. In 'arms on' they act like they are supposed to and only turn 180 total so no issue for me there. Just 'arms off'... Arms work as intended on all other vehicles that I've looked at.

Oh, I'm using a wheel. Logi GTpro.

Yes, checked it once more and you're right;)
I know now what the problem is and it will be fixed in upcoming update.
Also checked my next mod (F430 GTC) and there it worked okay.
THX for noticing.

Excellent news. Can't wait to give this nice looking car a proper drive. Thanks so much for looking into it.

Preparing an update on the mod, included will be all latest AI features eg blue flag rules, AI corner radius detection etc.
As this car uses the P2P system, the AI will use the P2P during race also.
Green LED will appear (glow) when P2P is used. (15 times a race, duration is 15 sec, interval 75 seconds between, delay will be 2 seconds so after pushing on P2P button the boost starts after 2 seconds).

New tyrewall textures with Dunlop logo.

Adjusted and corrected position of driverarms on steeringwheel.

Screenshot57151.png Screenshot73568.png Screenshot89041.png Screenshot89540.png Screenshot93291.png

Further progress on upcoming update:

- P2P ledlights implemented. P2P is fully working like in the Stock_V8.
- Boosteffects slightly increased.
- Safetynet now also visible from outside/trackcams.
- New shader for glasscover of headlights, less transparent.

Busy with correcting the arms/hands on steeringwheel rotation, so update will be available soon;)

WL1.png WL2.png HLGLASS.png NET.png

hummer444 updated VW Scirocco Cup with a new update entry:

VW Scirocco Cup Update to Version 1.2

Updates:

- Latest AI Features implemented. (AMS Version 1.4.53)

- Adjusted arms/hand position on steeringwheel.
Known issue: hands/arms may appear when mode is set to "OFF".
Keep your seatposition below -40, so move it forward to steeringwheel.

- New shader on glasscover of headlights.

- P2P system is fully working, also implemented red/green LEDS.

- Slightly increased P2P effects.

- New tyrewall textures with Dunlop logo.

- Replaced Michelin logo's by Dunlop logo's on some skins....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years