1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VW Lupo

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Bram, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I finally found a car which is slower then the Mini Cooper in GTR Evo: The VW Lupo, haha love it. Cruising down Lienz City Lane as we speak. Can't wait for the Bathurst race to start in the racing club. Will take 10 minute to drive down the long straight there :peace:

2. Yep, I stupidly took my first laps at night thinking "what's the worst that could happen".

Well for one I didn't make it back down the mountain without a missing wheel :D

3. Just had my first taste of rFactor and these Lupos are mucho fun :D

4. Those cars are excellent :D They are as clos as they could come my JTCC Seat *thumbs up*

5. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Going from the Nurby GP circuit (open, flattish) to Bathurst (not) is an eye opener.

In a good way, though.

6. is my force feedback normal on these cars? i can get used to it after a lap or two - but it might as well not be there... the only time you can feel it is when you've gone way past the point of no return... normal racing line around a circuit doesn't feel much like anything.... actually, it does, it feels like air! :D

7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Your JTCC car has a 1600 engine right Richard? The Lupo is really REALLY slow and i have seen you and Rickard J going full speed in Knutstorp and Mantorp, something this car can't :D:wave:

8. These cars have power steering so it's realistic I guess. Turn the FFB up or Steering Force up.

9. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

The FFB is stronger with Real Feel off.

Anyone want to pass on driving and setup tips, 'cos I'm damned if I can get the cars to stick to the road :(

10. The safety 'car' for these Lupos is a truck hehehe :)

11. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

these things are "fun" to drive
    GRAB_009.jpg
    GRAB_016.jpg
    GRAB_020.jpg

12. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Caption for pic 3 - "Wheeeeeeeee!"

13. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

You can only adjust reverse gear, steering lock and tyre pressures, mate.

Biggest tip I've got is avoid the kerbs. Thems is lethal with the Lupos :thumb:

The hardest corner for me on Bathurst is the last left hander coming down the mountain (the one with all the Falken sponsorship).

Keep losing my backside there (on so many levels). :D

14. I've brought the tyre pressures right down, to try and get some more heat in them. More heat=more grip. I've been aiming for about 80-90 degrees. I did a test run yesterday for about 30 laps, and the cars do start to become a little more predictable after a while :)

Worst place for me at the moment is the corner just before that - the right-hander downhill - the back-end steps out there so often, most of the time I don't even realise until I'm pointing the opposite way! :D

15. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

sooooo glad it's not just me! bathurst is a afantastic track though.

now if I could just figure out where I'm losing 6+ seconds a lap

16. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

I think we're talking about the same corner, Paul, as I often end up reversing it down the hill in that last corner, so the damage has been done before I got there. :thumb:

17. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

6 seconds compared to what, Tim?

18. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

my best time = 1.44:5 ish

AI on 95% 1.38:5 ish, so 6 seconds gone missing :( Probably more with the aliens in RD :p

I'm sure I must be losing it through the mountain section, especially the esses

19. um, if you add another minute to those times i might stop FREAKING OUT

20. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

Um, oh yeh, sorry Andrew :pound:

Still losing 6 seconds though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.