1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Vsync

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Valentin Neubauer, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Hey,

when i put vsync on, the fps are limited to 60 fps and its runnung quite smooth.
    But since i have a strong machine, i can easily make 100fps with vsync of, but then there are micro stutters which make it not enjoyable.

Any ideas how i can run the game without vsync smooth, using the full fps potential ?

Thank you,
  2. Try capping your frame rate in game if you want an alternate to vSync but it may still only be smooth if you don't exceed the refresh rate of your monitor (60 FPS).
  3. Like William said the problem is related to the refreshing rate. That's why vsync is auto capped to 60fps. The only thing you can do is buying a 144Hz screen. They do wonders ^^
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  4. Also it depends on you GPU setup. There are tweaks for NVidia, especially if you are running SLI.
  5. thank you very much !
    Since i have a radeon R290, i will stick to the 60 fps and live with it with good video settings.
    Maybe one day a new monitor with more hz.

6. and one more little thing :)

since i renamed my assetto folder in order to hopefully fix some issues,
    the game always starts in a shrinked size, so i have to go back to windows again to fix it.

i want to full size from the beginning back ?!:D

Edit: the problem was Fullsize rendering, now it works :)
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1