VSCC | S4 | R3: Queensland Raceway

Fun race starting from the back, had some nice battles with several drivers. Only made the one mistake all race which cost me maybe 5 seconds. Good fun battling with @Otune.

Sorry for the tap on lap 21 @Red Time. You span in front of me and I had nowhere to go - If I pulled hard left I probably would have wiped out Michael Klein.

Thanks for the race @Chris Stacey :thumbsup:

Q: 3rd
R: 2nd

That was a really tense race. Had a shaky start to qualifying with a clumsy spin on the exit of turn 5 on my first hotlap. Managed to put in a low 09 on my final lap, good enough for 3rd on the grid.

I knew from the outset that I didn't quite have the pace to match @Matheus Machado or @Discovery.Tv but I felt confident I'd be contending for a podium if I just kept it on the black stuff. @Davy Vandevenne gave me a real fight in the opening laps but I could see he was driving very aggressively so I just tried to bide my time and wait for a chance to get by.

Given that Matheus was clearly quicker, I took a gamble to gain track position by not changing tyres and rely on him making a mistake trying to catch me through traffic, but he was massively quick and caught me with like 4 minutes left. At that point, my tyres were down to like 49% so I didn't put up too much of fight as his pace delta to mine was huge. I didn't need to take any risks, I just needed a strong result to get my championship back on track after an abysmal second round, so I settled for second place.

Awesome job to my teammate @Fred Locklear on a hard earned 12th!

Think i slowed Jamie down on the blue flags, sorry Jamie , and the pitstop! I caught you there also, sorry.
I think I got out of most people way ok.
Thanks Leigh good fun, were a good team at the back :)
No worries old son:thumbsup: Thanks for the consideration.
Very disapppointing result in some respects tonight. Started by stuffing up quali by only running three timed laps then discovered I didn't map boost button properly so I travelled along behind @Michael Stead for first half of the race, happily in position 4 but could not overtake. Michael was too clean and consistent.
Proceeded to run off the track trying to adjust my pit strategy and dropped about 6 positions after pits. Was able to tag along and have some great scraps with @Shaun.A @Stiggy @Tobias Röhner
I did have some interesting experiences with blue flag situations but was more affected by stuffing up my own race.
Did have great fun though just not thrilled by not converting the strong pace (by my standards) into a better result.
Well done @Sniper good points for APIA

Thanks Chris!

Q: 17th
R: 12th

Qualifying sucked again. I got one decent lap in and botched up the rest, which is especially tough when 0.1-0.2s better would have meant up to 6 spots better on the grid. Race start majorly sucked since I dropped the clutch and I had left the car in neutral :/ @Michael Nelson, awesome start! I thought you were going to run into me but got by and you were FLYING!

That dropped me back down to like 20th and worked my way back up a bit and then on T1 exit @Otune was pretty wide, and came back in. I was on my brakes a bit early, and it seemed he braked really hard and I hit him from behind. He went off left and I went off right but not too horribly. (Odd thing is that when I looked at the server replay, it shows both of us hitting the brakes at nearly the same time (Racing incident compounded by lag? dunno.)). That knocked me back down to 22nd.

I kinda worked my way back up I guess through some attrition, and just tried to run some consistent laps till the end. I stuck my nose in the 4 or so car battle ahead once or twice, but was more than happy hanging back and seeing if they would make mistake. Especially when every time I tried to use the PPP button, I would brake way too late and give up any advantage I gained :/. I need to unmap that button, most of the time it just gets me into trouble.

Strategy was no tire change. For me in a race simulation, new tires would only gain me maybe 1s a lap, but for only about 12 laps. Wasn't worth it...So it was go as far as I can with the fuel I had. After pitting I was surprised that I came back out in 12th. I jumped a few cars that decided to take 2 or 4 tires and now it was my job to try and hold onto that spot. I couldn't hold off @Michael Nelson because he had way fresher tires and I kept making mistakes all over the place. Then I was surprised to hear @Chris Stacey say that he was about to lap me....so that meant Chris was in the lead....GO TEAM!

I was struggling to the end of the race, and I was worried that I was going to screw up and almost did big time. @kedy89 had came out of the pits with fresh tires late in the race, and I caught the curb on T3 exit. My car was on two wheels when he hit me from behind and that could have ended up badly, but didn't :). Happy with 12th. Most definitely.

Good event! I had good pace for driving in the top 5. Yes, some hard battles but that's racing.
Everything went well until my brake failure happens 13 laps before the checkered flag :(
Right front wheel locks when I went on the brakes, just couldn't stop. Bang into the wall. Done!
Up to Round 4. Here a recap from my pov.

Good event! I had good pace for driving in the top 5. Yes, some hard battles but that's racing.
Everything went well until my brake failure happens 13 laps before the checkered flag :(
Right front wheel locks when I went on the brakes, just couldn't stop. Bang into the wall. Done!
I think that might have been a puncture from debris. Just before you crashed you hit two aero bits on the track.

I was struggling to the end of the race, and I was worried that I was going to screw up and almost did big time. @kedy89 had came out of the pits with fresh tires late in the race, and I caught the curb on T3 exit. My car was on two wheels when he hit me from behind and that could have ended up badly, but didn't :). Happy with 12th. Most definitely.
Hope it didn't affect you too much, tried to avoid you but was too close to do so.

Hope it didn't affect you too much, tried to avoid you but was too close to do so.
That kerb is weird. Doesn't look like much, but catch just a little bit of it and it launches you into the air. I was afraid it was going to flip me over. Didn't affect much, "minor aero damage" my crew chief told me. The one spot I was going to lose with or without the damage. I was scared I was going to lose more spots, but the 3 behind me were too busy battling each other and my 3-4s cushion remained for the end of the race :)

FanaLEDs messed me around for the race with a spongy feeling FFB and a wheel calibration that was about 50% different to my actual input.
Makes for some interesting driving!

When running FanaLEDs, for some reason when leaving the pits for the first time in a session your steering is completely messed up and spongy.
To fix this, I found that when going out on your first run, exiting back to pit and going out again fixes it and there are no more issues for the remainder of the session.
Problem in the league race is that when you exit the pit you go straight to the grid, and with the short time to get out I forgot about this reset and was stuck with a rubbish spongy wheel for the race :(
It was like driving a boat. Better luck next race I guess (and removal of FanaLEDs)

Congratulations to @Matheus Machado @Chris Stacey and @Michael Stead on a well earned top 3 podium :) also a special well done to @Fred Locklear, good result there mate!

Was awesome battling you in those opening laps! Very hard but fair! :)

Davy, I notice you have you dynhud icons on your outside monitors. The only way I know how to achieve this is to untick multiview, which normally gives you incorrect perspective on triple screens , it stretches it badly. Have you got another secret to do this?

Davy, I notice you have you dynhud icons on your outside monitors. The only way I know how to achieve this is to untick multiview, which normally gives you incorrect perspective on triple screens , it stretches it badly. Have you got another secret to do this?
I'll love to know also!

Whew, had a lot of fun last night. Qualifying went OK, ended up 19th. Couldn't quite put it all together for a lap, but it was 2 tenths to 18th, so I'm not sure I would have ended up much higher up if I had.

In the race had a really good start, and ended up 15th out of turn 2 I think. Got passed a few times in the opening few laps, but then buckled down and got into a rhythm. Ended up being in a group of 5 or so battling. Was a lot of fun, and a lot of nice clean overtaking by everybody.

Only took two tyres in the pits to save time, then started chasing down Fred who didn't take any. Ended up 11th, which I'm pretty happy with after qualifying 19th.

Looking forward to the next round, the racing was super enjoyable this time out :) Cheers everyone

Well considering my practice for this round was the thirty minutes or so I managed to do in the practice session prior to qualifying I'll take 4th :)

With the lack of running on low fuel my qualifying run suffered, only managing 15th putting me smack bang in the middle of the field for the race.

Managed to get a clean start for the race and gain a couple of spots on the opening lap which was good. Had some fantastic battles throughout the race as I tried to pick my way through the field, my race pace seemingly much better than my qualifying pace.

Decided to take four fresh tyres at the stop, although it did see me drop to about 10th out of the pits it definitely was a beneficial decision as my pace on fresh rubber allowed me to get up to 4th by the end of the race.

Real shame for Davy having his brakes fail on him towards the end as it could have been a double top five for Copenhagen.

Just wanted to say an apology to @Shaun.A for the overly enthusiatic move into the final corner, a lock up into the braking zone made me end up having to commit to the move as I just tried to get the car pulled up for the corner. Also apologies to @Tobias Röhner for a touch we had through turn four early in the race, with the kerb through that corner making the car quite loose when hit I was hugging it as much as I could without hitting it and possibly getting the car loose.

As always though I had a blast this round and came away with a result far better than I was expecting given the lack of practice which is a nice bonus :D

Below is my stream of the event for anyone interested in giving it a look :)

I'm not using multiview don't like it and as you said it doesn't work with dynhud. Maybe this help the stretches, instead of moving the seat i changed my vertical Fov to 30. I changed the dynhud editor settings to my triple resolution and than i can place the widget where i like it. If the widgets don't move change the x,y,axis to % or Px. I hope this explains something.

I'm not using multiview don't like it and as you said it doesn't work with dynhud. Maybe this help the stretches, instead of moving the seat i changed my vertical Fov to 30. I changed the dynhud editor settings to my triple resolution and than i can place the widget where i like it. If the widgets don't move change the x,y,axis to % or Px. I hope this explains something.
yes it does thanks, i dont like the stretched side monitors:(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing