VSCC S3 | Round 4 @ Cordoba - Sat 30 May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was just behind "Jon´s melee". Wrong place, wrong time.
I spun trying to avoid the spinning cars ahead, but to no avail. Crashed heavely in one of them, sideways. My car was completely bent, and slow on the straights.
Pretty much game over.
So finish was a question of pride above anything else.

Shame for my team, as Allan also had a difficult race.

Hope for better luck in the last round.

Well I knew this one was gonna be a struggle. Because of work I'd had zero practice up until about 20 minutes before qualifying. Thanks to my team mate Craig for lending me his setup, I know he'd done 100's of laps leading up to this one and I'm gutted for him that he didn't finish.

The setup didn't really suit my driving style and although I tried to modify it, I was understeering on the way in, and suffering power oversteer on the way out so I was essentially having to coast all the way through each corner before I could the power down. Made for very slow lap times.

So I filled up the tank and just drove my heart out for 50 minutes, finished 6th, that's it really.

Trying to stay positive but it does start to get to you after a while! haha.

Congrats to the top three and well done :thumbsup:

I had a great race! That start I had :inlove:. No-one seemed to go at the back of the grid. Not sure if you guys were caught out by the hill or no visible lights but by the hairpin i'd gained like 4 or 5 positions :D. Other than that, some great fighting with @Angelo dos Santos and back up there with the Mighty Forth team, they were ahead in stint 1 but I overtook with pitstop strategy. Then in my 2nd stint I had to watch @Paul Joseph getting closer and closer. Thanks god it was a 50 minute race. 51 minutes and I would have finished a position lower haha.

Last edited:
i was very lucky to finish 3rd with all the **** that happened to me this race, Risto is still the rightful winner though so congrats to him:thumbsup:

This was no fun at all having this issue with the internet. I did not know why so I took a chance and started second last because of my slow qualification laps and not on purpose which was my idea to do as I expected better qualification :whistling:. I am sorry if I messed up the race for any one. After 25 minutes I went to pits for fuel and tires and there I received connection lost so the pit crew and system told me that this is not acceptable so out you go. Which was the best to happen so I did not mess up somebody else´s race.

This was no fun at all having this issue with the internet. I did not know why so I took a chance and started second last because of my slow qualification laps and not on purpose which was my idea to do as I expected better qualification :whistling:. I am sorry if I messed up the race for any one. After 25 minutes I went to pits for fuel and tires and there I received connection lost so the pit crew and system told me that this is not acceptable so out you go. Which was the best to happen so I did not mess up somebody else´s race.

That's tough Sven, nothing worse than a techy problem ruining the race. Hoping for a good result for you in the final round :)

When I get tech problems I pretend in my mind that the car is having reliability issues (broken gearbox steering arm failure, etc) as would happen in real life

I real car wouldn't have a laggy connection or a disconnect, similarly failures like that aren't modelled in simracing.

Might sound sad, but for me at least, it kind of takes the sting out of it.

When I get tech problems I pretend in my mind that the car is having reliability issues (broken gearbox steering arm failure, etc) as would happen in real life

I real car wouldn't have a laggy connection or a disconnect, similarly failures like that aren't modelled in simracing.

Might sound sad, but for me at least, it kind of takes the sting out of it.
Exactly how I look at it too!

Just a reminder, if there are any more reports from round 4 please get them to me by 21:00 GMT today. Thanks!

Good morning my friends. Stage to discard. I had to competing for another simulator, a friend of mine. I was traveling and just could not get out of step.

Now is think about the next.

Big hug and congratulations to the winners.

I'm going to say something that might be unpopular. I sort of find all the half assed effort annoying [Edit: disappointing], people missing rounds or not practising because they are prioritising other leagues over this one, even though they agreed to be here. Just my personal opinion of course.

Last edited:
I'm going to say something that might be unpopular. I sort of find all the half assed effort annoying [Edit: disappointing], people missing rounds or not practising because they are prioritising other leagues over this one, even though they agreed to be here. Just my personal opinion of course.
Well unfortunately we don't get paid so other things come first most probably. I think in Neto's case he didn't know the series would be that competitive and probably hedged his bets in the GTR-Brasil [assuming thats the other league hes referring too] so I know you're probably not talking about Neto specifically, but I just thought I'd say that because that's what it looks like to me.

Eitherway he did at least arrive for Córdoba he just wasn't at his best and since the given points system allowance of a single poor result then it almost allows for people to be a little bit lacklustre when it comes to commitment.

Jake, putting aside your (not very) subtle attempt at provoking a certain team, and the fact you too dropped out of the league in poor fashion, I still personally find it disappointing after all the work I've seen the staff put in. I'm saying drivers dropping a round or two here in favour of another league after promising to be here is just taking the piss.

But that is enough of that tangent, please, I don't want arguments in the thread. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, but I'm cutting it off here before it gets out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%