VSCC S3 | Round 1 @ Cascavel - Sat 9 May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
my race can be divided into 2 parts: a fantastic 25 laps without errors and another that was a disaster. The first, I was very paired with Andrew, Warren and Mendes. 25 laps without any mistakes. My problem was to enter the box, I was penalized with a drive thru. I was confused and did a stop and go and continued being penalized, and up to 3 or 4 times. Confused and out of place made several mistakes and thought about quitting, but I realized that I was 5, I had to finish the race. I'm not proud of my race. But Im happy for my first part of race.

Who's hood?

B0hpyYq.jpg

Great race while it lasted in the server 2. Very good fight with Antonio, Andrew and Warren, sweating each lost or won tenth.
Antonio, my second overtaking was too tight, a little optimistic, sorry.
Unfortunately when everything was becoming well a small error ended my engine shattered against the wall.
Looking forward to the next race.

I had an ok race, made few errors but used the tyres too much and had a poor start.

Ghost Racing guys tbh are too aggressive especially in the first laps. Just turning over my nose and diving down the inside when there's not really a necessity to do it. Could have finished 3rd but my game minimized outside of turn 1 going into 2 so I was kinda lucky to hold the brakes and not hit anything. Other than that I had fun.

Last edited:
Austin, wanted to check out your setup, but it won't show in game.
Copy/pasted it into userdata/profilename/settings/cascavel, but it isn't there in game.
Do you know what could be the reason ?

Austin, wanted to check out your setup, but it won't show in game.
Copy/pasted it into userdata/profilename/settings/cascavel, but it isn't there in game.
Do you know what could be the reason ?

Go to the user folders for yourself and find the cascavel folder with all your setups in.

Open one setup that's visible in game into notepad, and then copy and replace the first few lines from the one that is visible in game to the one you want to work, for example:

VehicleClassSetting="reiza51"
UpgradeSetting=(0,0)
//VEH=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\STOCKV8_2014\VSCC S3\WILLIAMS GP ENGINEERING\HARPER55.VEH

Sometimes it's just the Class setting not being the same, sometimes in the VEH link, so I just do both.

Sorry for the bad grammar, I'm tired! haha

Congrats to @Guus for a nice victory. Make a non tires strategy works is not easy on those cars.

My race was good. Im satisfied with the result for my new team Copenhagen Apex, and happy to be competitive.
I qualified 10th, which was quite good. For that I have to say a big thank you to my teamate @ARG1980 Allan, who shared a killer setup that gave me a good half a second in lap times.
The race was hard fought and exciting as expected. I was in the top 10 all the time, and had nice battle with @Frank in the early stages.
My strategy worked quite well and after all the pits I found myself in 6th place, which was quite nice! But @Jon Hicken was catching me up fast, and I knew would be difficult to hold him off. Unfortunately he crashed into my back in the last turn. We both manage to continue, but the advantage I had because of the strategy was totally lost and I was surrounded by faster cars.
I didnt trust fight Jon on the track anymore, so I let him go and concentrated in keep the 7th place, which I managed to do by just after a huge fight with @Miguel Lopes on the last lap up until the last corner.

All in all a very strong result to me personally.

Thanks all RD staff for the great structure!

So I started pretty poorly, lost sight of the track in traffic which dropped me down to last after the first corner. Aside from that a pretty quiet race until 10 - 15 minutes when I caught @Paul Joseph . Had some great fair fighting for a couple laps, noticed paul was a bit slow out of turn 3 so lined up a pass coming out of that corner using push 2 pass, held it around the outside of 4 but outbraked myself into 5 and lost the opportunity again. There wasn't enough time to catch back up after that.

Thanks again to RD and all staff for organising, and thanks to the fantastic broadcast team. Just watched back the race and they did a fantastic job. Well done to the podium of server 1 looked like one hell of a battle you guys were having!

Last edited:
Notes for all drivers:
Administration won't be investigating track limits at all unless a driver reports being disadvantaged by it (for example, losing a gap to a car ahead because they are going wide every single lap, or losing a position because of it), or if it is blatantly obvious, such as on the broadcast. I don't have endless time, I'm not the track-limits-troll, and I don't want to be taking it too far that the league isn't fun! The pre-quali was different as every thousandth mattered. It is completely in the hands of every driver, the onus is on you.

If you don't break track limits consistently (everyone has the occasional wide corner) you won't have to worry about being reported and getting a penalty . Don't worry, I won't be going on about track limits any more this season unless specifically asked something about it.

Now, off to plan a street-circuit-only VSCC S4 so this isn't an issue in future :roflmao:

Back on a more positive note, I am really excited to watch the server 1 race today. Congrats to all involved, and thanks for sharing your thoughts in this thread. I'll PM some of you today/tomorrow for interviews for the round 1 write up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back