VSCC S3 | Pre-Season Qualification @ Brasilia - Sat 2 May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great evening to see pace of unknown names to me, will remember the name Nascamento :)
No clean laps for me but not for anyone I guess, also there was some talk about cutting on my name, I watched my 2nd and fastest lap and cant fault it. Whole session only went wide in T1 of 1st lap.
Hope for a great season and great to see high level coverage aswell!
That's sadly not what the replay shows, it looks like you run wide on turn .. 7.. all 4 wheels off track and on the kerb :unsure: Problem is you go wide in T1 in your only other set hot lap as well.
Fastest lap:
GSC 2015-05-03 12-55-26-87.jpg

Second fastest lap:
GSC 2015-05-03 12-56-11-02.jpg

Problem is that means you'd have no time set, and that puts me in a difficult position. This isn't a ruling yet, so don't panic yet but I would like you to send me your replay file as soon as you can please. There is a chance that lag or something shows you wider than you were (I'm being optimistic, but at least I am giving every benefit of the doubt :thumbsup:)

Edit: I have now checked two replay files (one from my game, another from the server) and same result.

Last edited:
That's sadly not what the replay shows, it looks like you run wide on turn .. 7.. all 4 wheels off track and on the kerb :unsure: Problem is you go wide in T1 in your only other set hot lap as well.
Fastest lap:
View attachment 91455
Second fastest lap:
View attachment 91456
Edit: I have now checked two replay files (one from my game, another from the server) and same result.

Wow, that is sad, but fair. But at least it will mean some epic racing from Risto to get back up to server one.
Competition is tough at the top. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: This is going to be epic to watch.

Well, I've been doing this most of the day so far, still... 12 people's laps to check. Afraid to say there are cases of fastest laps being disqualified.

Yeah Nox that is what i saw, i assumed that its still two wheels touching the green/white curb plus that curbing doesnt have white lines infront of it and i didnt gain 2 seconds from that corner but ofcourse its your call. Strict tracks limits ruling and your effort is great and if you put me to server 2 to lap the field many times then its fine, i enjoy that too. Totally my mistake for trying to find tenths in an event designed just to split drivers and nothing more.

Last edited:
Yeah Nox that is what i saw, i assumed that its still two wheels touching the green/white curb plus that curbing doesnt have white lines infront of it and i didnt gain 2 seconds from that corner but ofcourse its your call
Yes, well I made it abundantly clear before the race, answering you directly, that kerbs were not part of the track :thumbsup: Sorry, it is nothing personal whatsoever, but rules are rules. I am sure you could get into S2 for the second round anyway, and remember the worst result gets removed at the end of the season.

Edit: and yes, strict track limits rulings here, but that was made very clear before the event. For a race I'd have been more lenient, but when the grid is split by hundreds of seconds a lap in a quali event, I am being very strict.

Well done for the broadcast, really enjoyed it. I could do better on the prequaly, but I think I exceeded the limits at least in two of my laps and on my first lap I was very tight to the line on T1. I guess rules are rules and I can't complain if I'm DQ.

@Nox exceeding the track limits is passing the white line fully to the other side or if your two wheels are over the white line it's not considered exceeding?

Well done for the broadcast, really enjoyed it. I could do better on the prequaly, but I think I exceeded the limits at least in two of my laps and on my first lap I was very tight to the line on T1. I guess rules are rules and I can't complain if I'm DQ.

@Nox exceeding the track limits is passing the white line fully to the other side or if your two wheels are over the white line it's not considered exceeding?
Keep 2 wheels inside the lines (or on the lines) at all times. You are right that your fastest 2 laps were erased.

All laps are now checked, but my notes are handwritten on a notepad and I need to sort them on the computer :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back