1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VSCC S2 | Round 2: Jacarepaqua | 8 December 2013

Discussion in 'RD Stock Car Championship' started by Scott Webber, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Practice: Server will be up all week for practice
    Qualification: 19:30 GMT (20 minutes) parc ferme
    19:50 GMT (10 minutes)
    Race: 20:00 GMT (50 minutes)
    Note: normal tire wear, normal fuel use

Special notes for the race:
    This Race will be a standing start, Please take care and stick to your line, any driver who deviates from he's line and causes a accident will be deemed at fault (if this happens in the red zone)
    the red zone will be reviewed by the admins automatically, we have introduced this so that every single driver takes care when the race starts, penalties will be severe!

"2.2 In order to place some control over the possibility of first lap incidents we will consider the area between the “Start Line”, (including the your starting grid possition), until the end of the designated RZ area marked on the trackmap included in each driver briefing to be “The Red Zone” where passing is to be conducted with extreme care. Should an incident occur because a driver chooses to pass in this “Red Zone” the driver making the pass will be held responsible for the incident.

Server 1 name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM VSCC 1
    Server 2 name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM VSCC 2
    Server password: click here
    Teamspeak password: click here
    Racing rules: click here (every driver must read this!)
    Skinpack: Click me
    Alternative: Click me

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  2. These are the only Starting lights!
    Please be extremely Cautious when leaving the Pit
    Stay to the Right when entering the Pits (within the orange line)
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ok, Perfect Scott, thx a loooot!! My Pc was already crying and sweating about the night race!!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. My apologies Scott, I have posted a absentee report, I only signed up yesterday, but my work have me rostered on for rounds 2 and 3.

Looking forward to a run in Round 4!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Super excited and can't wait :D
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Oh, no Interlagos? :cry:
    Looked forward to this race :/
  7. Looking forward to this more than interlagos if I'm honest, always love to try out new tracks!
  8. Marcel Kleene

Marcel Kleene
    Premium Member

I love Jacarepagua... my first Brazilian girlfriend was from there :). As well nice to see the Pedra da Gavea behind... love to paraglide from there.

Wish you guys a nice race!
  9. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

Great to see this track at the championship
  10. Mike Bell

Mike Bell
    One-time RDTCC Race Winner Premium Member

Jacarepagua makes me sad :(
  11. oh lord, we've had fun times on this track in the past... it's got so much character for any car :)

absolutely no problem phil, thank you for letting us know.
  12. Just in server now running some practice laps if anyone is keen! ?

My best so far whilst dialing in a setup is a 1m 54.526s lap, Have no idea what a competitive time is tho...
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  13. Same lap times for me , my best was 1m 53.962
    But i think a lap time arround 1m52.6 would be a competitive lap.
  14. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

I am having a real hard time at this track. Last week I practiced with the AI at 110% and I usually finished at the top, P3 or even P1 at times. In fact, my fastest lap was often faster than the best AI.

Jacarepagua it's a tougher proposition. With the AI at 100% I am still a second or two behind. Even at 95% they still have a second on me. I can't figure it out because if I let the AI drive my car it seems to actually go slower in many places.

My best lap here has been 1:51.5 or so, but I can only string a lap like that once or twice in a practice session. No more. My normal laps with 70 liter or so in the tank are more around 1:53 with 1:52.5 the best I can do consistently.

I know I can be faster. T2/T3 is still a bit of a puzzle as is the turn after the main straight. I am losing a lifetime there.

It's a fun track though, and very technical if raced properly with all those turns that narrow at the exit.

If anyone has a fast lap they can post it would be helpful to a lot of us. I doubt we would be able to gain much but at least we would see where we are going wrong.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. So freaking happy, that we dont drive on interlagos in night time :sleep: Cant see the track & road interlagos it zelf :roflmao: i have a better view of sao Paulo, than my track where iam driving on!!! Strange :p Greetz me and see you guys sunday ( Ps hoe is getting GT6 for PS3??? )
  16. Ran a 53.1 on the default setup with 80L in the car. Plenty of time to find though.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Server is back up
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Excellent, thanks
  19. Guys getting a Bad Password message:)
  20. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

looking now Mike
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.