VSCC S2 | Round 1: Cordoba | 1 December 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, today was unfortunate. I overlooked the fact that parc ferme was in effect and made a bad setup change at the start of Qual for my first run, thinking I could change it for the second qual run. Qualed poorly and the change made the car undrivable with fuel. Parked car after 4 or 5 laps for the safety of everyone else on the track..

This championship was magnificently organized and I thank all the people working on it for their hard work. As a bit of feedback, Parc Ferme was not mentioned in any Season 2 information post (just did a search on the forum) nor was it explicitly mentioned in the driver briefing. A question was asked during the driver briefing "can I add fuel after qualifying". That should have tipped me off as should the parc ferme indicator in the lower left of the garage screen when qual started that I only saw it after I was trying to figure out why I couldn't change my setup back So while it's my fault I overlooked it, this sure seems like really important information that should have been included in the General Information thread.

Last edited:
Had a great race.. lots of nice battles, only got of track 2 times by my own mistakes.
But nothing serious.
Only got touched once, was just some paint scratch.
I was amazed that such a amount of cars did not end in massive crashes.
AS far as i could see everybody was doing their best to race fair & clean.
Thank you all for that, up to the next!

Very disappointed with my performance today. My first race on RaceDepartment in a long time and it showed! Really sorry to anyone who I was involved in incidents with (Bob Luneski and Kris Migut are two I remember). Kept getting caught out by people braking into turn 2 knowing if I braked, I'd have spun, so really sorry about that.

Qualified 10th, which I was quite pleased about. Lost a place instantly on the start (never saw any lights or indication that the race started btw) but managed to claw it and another back by the end of the first lap, but went to pass Danny Vanderverde (sorry if I've got your name wrong), but went too hot into turn 2, braked and spun right in front of him. That put me way down the order, more mistakes and incidents ruined my race, all my fault though. Lucky to manage 19th tbh. Hope the next race is better for me. Congrats winner.

And also just to say I jumped into the live feed after my DNF, the guys commentating did a cracking job, very well done.

Server 2:

It was a clean race.
11 drivers in the server.

I setting the first time at qualify.
At the start I have a lot of wheelspin.

Oscar and Theo paste me and in the beginning i was struckeling with the car.
Spinning two times and lost a lot of time.

I am happy that i am finished at the third place.
My team m8 Theo was second and Oscar won the race.

See you next time.

Very disappointed as well. I did set a decent quali time and started 4th in the reserve's race. Unfortunately things started to get bad when the lights had not even started the final countdown: as I engaged the first gear, my car started rolling forwards and I did not have time to press the brakes and the clutch in time before I got a false start / drive through penalty. What a great start :rolleyes:

Nothing major happened in the first few laps; I decided to serve my drive thru penalty on the third lap. I tried to lose as little time as possible when entering the pits, so I braked at the last moment. Unfortunately I must have been 1 or 2 km/h too fast in the first few meters of the pitlane so I had to cope with an additional drive thru penalty :mad:

After that it was more or less 45 minutes of trying to get to the finish, for me the most boring race ever.

Very disappointed with my performance today. My first race on RaceDepartment in a long time and it showed! Really sorry to anyone who I was involved in incidents with (Bob Luneski and Kris Migut are two I remember). Kept getting caught out by people braking into turn 2 knowing if I braked, I'd have spun, so really sorry about that.

Oh yeah, was that a whack! :)I passed you on the straight with the boost on so I chose to brake a little bit earlier to make the corner properly. Had I known you were such a late braker, I'd have chosen the inside line, but as I'd had one or two incidents with people on the outside pushing me off the track in that corner, I decided to play it safe, which, well. kinda wasn't :p. Anyway, no harm done, nothing broken or fallen off, I could continue on.

I knew my place was towards the end of the line so I didn't expect much except for some nice racing and that's what I got, thank you very much, everyone :). A few offtracks here and there, some minor contacts, but racin' is rubbin' :). I visited the pits three times altogether, first for the regular job, second for the speeding ticket I'd got, third on the very last lap - I'd miscalculated the fuel amount and had 1 litre left; as I wasn't sure whether there was one more lap left I went into the pits, then saw the checkered flag and decided not to stop, that was how I did not lose my 20th place :D. Thank you, it was a nice race.

Made a couple of rookie mistakes not paying attention to fuel level or how long was left of the race :laugh: changed tires when it wasn't really necessary which probably cost be a couple of positions but great race nonetheless, thanks everyone!

Nice race everyone, although i qualified with 100lt of fuel!

I also thought i could finish the race with no pit stops but the fuel were not enough, so i had to pit in 5-6 laps from finish.

I had 2 spin offs but overall it was a cool race, i enjoyed it a lot, started 22nd i think and finished 15th.

1-2 times i got a bit aggressive and i hope i didn't ruin anyone's race!

My first RWD league ( i don't usualy drive RWD cars) and just 2 days of practice at all in GSC2013.
So 24/30 should make me happy, but it doesn't.

Found myself in 14 after the second corner and could have staied around there but two things didn't go my way.

1. My PC keept freezing for about 0.5s (and 2 times in the middle of turn-in) and that gave me a great crash in the last corner in lap 10.
2. I really need more practice with these cars, keept spining on turn in because I locked up.

Anyway, I hope I didn't runin anyones race, there where a few contacts ( @Calum McLure, and others), god knows from where you showed up beside me didn't see you ( sorry for the hard hit, backed off right away).
And I think I rejoined the track once without really looking behind and forced some laping drivers to break a bit more.

Looking forward to the next race !

Cheers

Very fun race. I qualified in P12 with a lap that was also my best lap ever at this track, so I cannot complaint. The other 11 guys were just faster.

At the start I focused on the brake lights of the farthest car on the grid. That's the only way to get a heads up on the lights turning green. For those that had issues there, I suggest you do the same if the other tracks are similarly handicapped.

The race proper was very well fought. Everyone I raced against was aggressive but fair (as I hope I was as well). After a fairly bad start I gained a few positions and found myself in P8 before the pit rotation, but I made one single fatal mistake at T3. I got distracted and went long on the turn. That pushed me right back to P12 and eventually I finished at P11.

According to my Android dashboard, I went through about 30% of my tires, so I did not change them in the pits. That might have been a mistake because my time was 1 to 2 seconds slower toward the end, I think it was the tires. I only had 10 laps to go after pitting, so it cost me about 15 seconds or so while changing 4 tires would have cost me a bit more. But if I changed tires sooner I might have been able to gain more time. I'll have to test it before Interlagos. Maybe if I can change at exactly half race I would be able to gain more time.

Good race everyone.

Qual: decent; equalled my PB, but the car was never good on low fuel, so I was reasonably chuffed with 8th.
Didnt realize that the start lights were out of sight on the grid so I went when the others in front went which worked out quite well actually! Slightly slower into T1, but that just gave me the chance to apply the boost sooner which helped me overtake one car into T2. A few laps later, after some hard but fair battles I found myself in 4th and holding up a good few cars. Did what I could, within the rules, to defend my position with success until the tires started to give up.
Pitted earlier than initially planned, but that worked out quite well since the amount of fuel (which I hit spon on - 6 liters left at the finish) meant my car was the best it had ever been. One by one I picked off cars on track, and some in the pit, to eventually finish 2nd. The leader was way out infront, too far for me to do any damage. Our times were similar, but both of us were probably just cruising near the end, babying the car to the end.

Very happy with 2nd after a well driven race :)

Totally messed up race. Was in pain and exhausted by being up all last night with a very poorly daughter.
During the race, it hit me, i was exhausted and couldnt drive any more.

Good back room work by the team, as usual, thanks, good show on those who attended.

Till next time!

My first race here with you guys and blimey it was tough, don't think i caused anyone any problems other than myself, great fun and not sure i blinked at all, watched the race back and my god you guys up front are fast, sounds like i entertained the commentators with the colour of my car (great job guys) and the curse of the commentator struck me, you swines :p
Loved it cant wait for the next round now.
Good job one and all :)

Wow. What a race. So many mistakes from all round and still plenty of good racing. My first serious online racing outside iracing and I didn't know what to expect, but overall I'm impressed by the quality of driving.
Had some good battles with few drivers. First part of race plenty of dicing with Jan Larsen to whom i need to apologize for my maneuver into t3 and contact. I missed my braking point there and only Jan's awareness let us both survive that.
Later on made few mistakes of my own, with one big off. Mostly caused by circling through the HUD to check what's the condition of car, position of other drivers, planing pit stops etc. All that cost me a lot as I'm not used to this sim yet. Then I missed my pitbox (didn't expected it to be so far ahead of pit buildings :).
Still managed to bring it home 7th. Had to defend a lot against Kariem Janssen ( thanks for avoiding me when i get loose) and tried to catch up with Jose Alvarez, but couldn't, great driving there mate.
Congrats to Emanuel for impressive win, some alien doing there destroying the rest of us in that fashion :)
Thanks for the broadcast - quality announcing there Guys and thanks for giving me so much coverage, You're very brave not getting scared by unpronounceable names :)
See yas next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back