VSCC S1 | Round 2: Interlagos | 27 November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand how to be faster with this car. ;) A motec analyze of faster driver could be usefull :)

Great race fo me , two stupid spin after gear mistake, but no motor damage.

See you next events. Thanks for orga

I really do suck in these cars, but I hope to get faster as I go along.

The start of the race needs to be more orderly. I was around P20 (I said I suck) and in the pace lap I had cars coming from behind passing me, one passed me on T1 and it seemed like he wanted to stay there, so I had to pass him myself. The car in front was weaving and a few cars up apparently they lost sight of the main group. It was a mess. At some point the whole group accelerated and I with them, but another car weaved right in front of me and I hit it square in the back. Fortunately, he had no damage I could see, but I lost the entire front of the car and I had no grip at the front for half the race.

I am sorry I hit the other car, but all I was trying to do was to keep a reasonable distance from the car ahead and try to keep the cars behind from passing me and mess things up even more.

Please guys, just get your car behind the guy in front and keep a safe distance. Do not weave, do not accellerate and brake. We were all sitting around P20. What do you think we were going to accomplish? Win the race on the pace lap?

On top of everything, it seems to me that during warm up my pit stall was somewhere in themiddle. In the race I had the first pit stall and I missed it so I had to go around one more time or I probably would have finished a bit better than 20th. I think I was around P15 before going ion but between having to pit twice and the repair time for the pace lap incident, I came out last of the cars still running. It's not like I need any help slowing me down.

I have to get better at these cars.

Well as has been said the formation lap was a shambles at the back of the grid. Starting from 23rd it was accel, brake accel. The amount of times cars almost welded themselves together but just managed to avoid contact was increadible. So then the race starts and i manage to somehow get myself to P15 and hold of people behind me. The last points spot (yeah i know i wouldnt of kept it) but it was a good feeling to even get there from 23rd.

Then i start getting alot of pain in my back and spasms in my legs. Mess up braking into turn 4 and thats it race over. I was so dissapointed in myself i just quit. It my own fault for doing to much and messing my back and shoulders up the last 2 days.

Still Its the first ever league ive done in sim racing so with lots of practice and some luck i hope ill get better for future events and be able to get in the points.

Congrats to the podium guys sorry i didnt stay around to watch the whole event.

See you all on the track next race.

Can't believe I won this race! There was lots of fast drivers in the last race so I was expecting to be fighting for a top 5 position again. Qualifying went really well, although I found it hard to find a clear lap. I'd like to apologise for any confusion I caused at the start. I had a quick look at the opening post before the race, about the rules just to refresh my memory and it says that after the last corner the leader "can speed up as he likes". I decided to leave it quite late to avoid drivers using p2p and diving up the inside into T1,missing their braking points on cold tyres and causing carnage. I made a mistake on lap 1 and accidentally pressed pit lane speed limiter, turning onto the straight, instead of p2p and dropped to 4th behind Emanuel,junior and simons...DOH!! Managed to fight my way back to 2nd and thought I'd be able to pull away from Junior but he kept the pressure on me which kinda forced me to take a bit of a risk and not change my tyres at the pit stop. But unfortunately I think Junior had problems in the pits which took the pressure off me and found myself in 2nd with a 9 second cushion to 3rd with 10 laps to go. Emanuel was 4 seconds ahead of me but I was able to close the gap to 1 second on the final lap. He decided to let me past and win the race which was very kind of my team mate. He explained that it was the right thing to do as I had spent a lot of time at the track, developing the set-up as he was unable to do much practise. So I'm very grateful for that. Again I apologise for the problems at the start. Can we make it a bit more clear about what the leader has to do after the final corner? Can he choose when to accelerate or does he have to put his foot down when exiting the corner?....Thanks and see you all at Londrina.

the start was cry from my end too.The few in front of me sped up on the final few corners only to have to slow down abruptly on the front straight. There was definitely a lot of speeding up and slowing down. I had a fun start to the race in a group of 4 including teammate jason. Made some contact tho when the guy infront really locked em up into turn 1 and itsent me around. Car was much slower after that so i pulled,over and left as the excitement level was gone. Heres to better luck at londrina :)

That people don't read the rules very well is a common problem but in this league I think some people don't read at all. Big shame as the driving it self is great so far.

It cannot be that people mess up the formation lap. From next round onwards anybody who screws up the formation can look forward to a severe penalty. Will mention it in the next info thread.

Its a shame people cant drive easy in a train for one lap indeed.
Please report any problems or situations. :)
i will go over the replay and report all the names who kept speeding up and slowing down, so much for going 60-100kph this is a JOKE now, second race and the same thing again, people speeding off, and heres me having to go into gears 3 and 4 at times just to catch up, and even then the leaders are half a lap ahead..... seriously guys your ruining this for yourselves and others, it's not nice.

for the back cars and mid cars to speed up then that must mean the front runners are breaking the rules too? because if they stuck at 100kph around the formation lap and didn't speed up then how could the others fall so far behind even when they are going 100kph or more. ~

The Replay will tell all.

Guys, I beg your pardon. Can´t race on Sunday or alerted the race organization to assembly a reserve driver, because I was in hospital since Saturday night with Influenza, 40ºC fever, inflamed throat, weakness, and only returned for home few minutes before midnight. I was training with Robert, I guess on Saturday when the first symptoms started, I was feeling tired, but was the fever starting, few hours later I was with 39ºC. I feel better now, little weakness and my throat is not 100% yet, but I believe I´ll be fully recovered for Londrina. I would like to watch the race replay, could someone upload the race replay file.

Greets, Leo.

I dont think blaming every driver that sped up and slowed down is a good idea because one person doing it causes everyone behind to do the same. One driver not paying attention has a ripple effect on the rest of the field. Kind of like how a caterpillar walks. The big problem was due to the leader not going on final exit. We were so spaced out that we started to gun it off the final turn only to find the front guys didnt go like was stated in the rules. IMO being worried of someone using p2p isnt a good excuse. The rules say that they cant pass before start lin so it would be a big gamble if they tried it. Also, is being worried of someone using p2p at start worthcausing chaos to the restof the field? all for ur own personal gain? sorry if some errors, my lappy died and im typing on a tabletlol.

Im sure we all drive everyday to go to work, right? Dont you all use the mirrors on your vehicle? Dont you keep yourself aware of your suroundings? Same principle here just a little faster. Pay attention. These are long races and plenty of time to race one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back