VRC 2015 Williams FW37

Cars VRC 2015 Williams FW37 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content

MHS

Virtual Racing Cars
MHS submitted a new resource:

VRC 2015 Williams FW37 - F1SR & FormulaCorsa project brought back to life by VRC.

fw37-preview.jpg

VRC Modding Team is proud to announce the release of the Williams FW37, this is the first version after the team has decided to continue the awesome work done by FormulaCorsa team and F1SR.
A special thanks to the original F1SR & FormulaCorsa team and all of its members who collaborated in the creation of this mod. Another special thanks to Acestumacher and Chargingcar for letting us go on with this project.

All...

Read more about this resource...

A message from our sounds guy:

We highly appreciate NeverKrash's valuable support and input regarding any sound related questions.
Why the copyright sound message?
•This sound is one of my most extensive, detailed and advanced FMOD projects I have ever created. Countless hours have been
spent not only on wind dynamics, turbo sounds, and distance attenuations, but also on stuff like floorboard scratches when the
car bottoms out and dirt/stone hitting sounds when following another car. While most of you, hopefully, can appreciate the
amount of work, time and effort that has gone into this sound, there are certain people who don´t. Past events have shown that
all of my previous F1 V6t sounds have been used and monetized in another F1 mod without my given permission. To prevent
any repeating, unwanted usage of my sound, the first few seconds after you loaded the car will give a very short idea of the
original creator and the car it was originally released with. Thank you for your understanding, and most importantly, enjoy!
-ImrIMike

Thanks for bringing this one back :)

a few unecessary tags in there e.g. #A12, Williams, open wheeler
(also "f1" as kunos use "gp" but think you prefer this which is fair enough

would be nice if the skin previews were in the default style or provided as an extra zip but its not too much hassle to do manually :)

Thanks for bringing this one back :)

a few unecessary tags in there e.g. #A12, Williams, open wheeler
(also "f1" as kunos use "gp" but think you prefer this which is fair enough

would be nice if the skin previews were in the default style or provided as an extra zip but its not too much hassle to do manually :)
Yep, probably in next build I'm gonna include Kunos previews in an optional folder. In case you do it for yourself, I would be glad to include them in next build.

Nice revival of this car, it drives and sounds very very well. Great job! :thumbsup:

Considering (and assuming) further development, are you guys planning to make the cockpit a bit more detailed and/or replace the textures? I didn't like it in the original release either...

One strange thing I noticed... The power peak seems to be very high, even beyond the default rev limiter. To get the best acceleration you need to ignore the lights and shift as late as possible, and if you turn up the rev limiter to 104%, you can shift even later, at ~13000rpm, and you get even better acceleration. Considering the fuel flow limit on these cars is at 10500rpm, I would expect that for maximum acceleration you shouldn't stretch the engine much further, like on the SF15-T where the optimal shift point is around ~10700rpm. In case I'm missing something, I'd love to hear an explanation since these cars can be a bit tricky to comprehend.

If you check Monza or Mexico onboards, you can see that the engine keeps pushing way beyond 11500 RPM, up to 13000 rpm in some cases.

104% is not faster everywhere too, you get better acceleration just because gear ratios become longer, but you won' t be able to hit 318 kph before Copse for example.

If you check Monza or Mexico onboards, you can see that the engine keeps pushing way beyond 11500 RPM, up to 13000 rpm in some cases.
Well, the only case of higher than 12.000 rpm was in 8th gear, upshifts were around 11.500 to 12.000 rpm.
The only reason for the higher rpm in 8th seems to be the top speed because the gearing needs to be the same for the whole season.

I suspect that's the same in Mexico, which isn't a good track to judge engine performance since it's located at over 2.000m altitude, which may shift the powerband despite being a turbo-charged engine.

So the optimal shifting point should be at or below 12k rpm IMO, Topuz has a point there.

Hey guys as you can probably tell by my review, I love this car! I was wondering, do all the engine settings show up on the dash so there is no need for the ECU app (or whatever it is called) to be open? To be honest I am kinda new to all of this so I am unsure of how it might work. Thanks again!

Guys, please don't take this the wrong way... honest question from someone who downloaded and appreciates your work: how do you deal with FIA/FOM, copyrights on the liveries, the FW37 name, that kind of stuff? Do you have/need permission to use all that as long as it's not for profit, or the right approach would be to just do it and wait until someone complains.... again, honest question. I see mods like the Mazda 787B get "promoted" to official content and I dream of one day seeing some F1 cars like this make it as well, but I never knew how all that negotiation goes... Regards!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.7%