Cars VRC Formula Alpha - McLenna MC22 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content

MHS

Virtual Racing Cars
MHS submitted a new resource:

VRC 2007 McLaren MP4-22 - By VRC Modding Team

MP4-22 C.jpg

VRC Modding Team
is proud to announce the release of the McLaren MP4-22.

Alongside the download of the mod we are providing templates for anyone who wants to make some new skins for this car.
Please read the pdf file that's included in the download.

For more information about this and other projects, you can visit our website:

http://www.vrc-modding-team.net/

And give us a like at:...

Read more about this resource...

Thank you for this great car. It looks and handles great.

I seem, however, to be getting a bit of a performance hit with 17 on the grid. Normally I'm getting around 80fps with a grid like that; with this mod, I'm getting 60fps

Thank you for the release of this great F1 car.

I really like it so far but would like to have some things cleared.

I tested in Barcelona on Fast grip and 22degrees clear weather.

Medium and Hard Tire compounds seemed to have the same grip level. I could even improve my laptime with the hard compound. Both compounds only seem to last around 10 laps. The "Pro Tyre" app shows 6 laps with medium grip and 10 with low grip before it may explode. In that season they were alowed to change tires but 10 laps seems like too much tire wear.

Another point is that this car seems to have quite high caster values. It nearly turns alone with little steering input. I got used to it but its very different from other modern era F1 cars so, Im just curious why it is like it is.

Other than that, sound, model are great.

Another point is that this car seems to have quite high caster values. It nearly turns alone with little steering input. I got used to it but its very different from other modern era F1 cars so, Im just curious why it is like it is.
If I remember correctly this has been discussed in the VRC forum during the beta stages some time ago.
This "sensitive" steering is a specific car feature because the real car had a steering like that.

I just did some ingame laps at Spa and compared them to this real video here,
the steering inputs I had to make are almost exactly the same as the ones that Lewis had to make.
So I think they really got the steering done perfectly.

Different topic:
I just noticed that the cockpit wing #1 from the visual upgrades has a darker colour than
the two other cockpit wings, I think it should have the same silver colour.

Thanks for you reply. I think the front end is very much alive, compared to other moden era F1 cars. Thats why I asked.

For the compound, I will do some more testing on other tracks to see what this is about.

I'm not sure why, but every time i try to use this car, the game tries to load the car but fails, on content manager it just says race cancelled
It sounds like you didn't install the mod properly. Please read the README.pdf file... I guess you forgot to install our custom driver.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 312 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%