VR compatability and sim racing games?

So im starting to put away some funds and in the near future i plan on adding a VR headset to my setup. Im leaning towards the HTV Vive but im having some difficulty finding a compatibility list on existing games and more importantly which racing sims are supported. I've come across a few mentions of occulus working with certain sims but i havent found much on the Vive. Does anyone know how much support is currently out there for the Vive or where i can tune in for updates on that topic?

The sims i plan to use it on are iRacing, RFactor2, the steam F1 series of games and Microsoft Flight simulator.

Well, you'll probably be saving for a while yet...

rFactor2 - no VR support
iRacing - primitive, out of date support for the Oculus Rift DK2. Not the CV1.
F1 series of games - no VR support
MS Flight Simulator - no VR support but a 3rd party app (not free) adds VR support to it - Google Flyinside

Upvote 0
Currently supported titles are PCars, Live for Speed and MS Flight Sim with the Flyinside app it works well, you can download the full version of Flyinside for free but max flight time is 15 minutes. DCS also has support and both Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa are working on supporting VR, no timescale at present as far as I know.

Upvote 0
As an 'update' on AC, it exists now (works on CV1, and Vive with workarounds) but is missing some fairly important features like AA since it's presently an alpha implementation.

Upvote 0
i am thinking the same thing, and it is stunning or really "wow" the VR, but IMHO or least for me personally, graphics, game support and immersion factors are not there yet to get VR for games. (pers. I think games in general across the various genres, are missing the capability to allow VR users to operate in vehicle clusters, buttons and etc., I am sure this will come soon or in the future and already thankful for this tech, but I don't think it is worth replacing triples. of course many factors play a role here too, $$$, space and so on) but for me, will wait few years and some generations of VR to purchase it)

Upvote 0
iRacing supports the Oculus DK2 and CV1s now and say they are working on supporting Vive and I have decided to get myself a Vive VR headset very very soon with my new 'puter which will have the 1080 video card once it arrives. Not sure how long it will take iRacing to support Vive, but in the meantime I will keep myself busy once I have the Vive headset racing around Nordshleife in the RUF GT3-8 and driving around Monaco and Spa and a few other GP tracks using Project Cars Formula Renault car. I know these are early days in the VR racing world, but I am hearing cool things from the early adopters and I want in now. I'm not getting any younger and I want to experience VR while I can still drive a Formula Renault car at Monaco at the limit. :roflmao:

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back