VR and Mods

I tried to download some mods last night and extracted them to documents, steam apps, assetto corsa, content and then tracks or cars. When I go to play, it starts to load but then just goes back to the main game screen. I'm wondering if my oculus stops mods from working? The mods were Ferrari 2002 and Mazda 787 ish and Donington, Spielberg plus Bridgehampton I think it's called. Can someone help me please cheers.

I tried to download some mods last night and extracted them to documents, steam apps, assetto corsa, content and then tracks or cars. When I go to play, it starts to load but then just goes back to the main game screen. I'm wondering if my oculus stops mods from working? The mods were Ferrari 2002 and Mazda 787 ish and Donington, Spielberg plus Bridgehampton I think it's called. Can someone help me please cheers.
all those mods still work, you said "documents,steamapps" make sure it is in the steamapps folder and not the documents folder. mods have to sit in the same folder as the official cars otherwise they wont load (no idea why they show up in the menu when placed in the wrong folder.

not sure how this relates to VR?

all those mods still work, you said "documents,steamapps" make sure it is in the steamapps folder and not the documents folder. mods have to sit in the same folder as the official cars otherwise they wont load (no idea why they show up in the menu when placed in the wrong folder.

not sure how this relates to VR?
Thanks I meant the steam apps main game folder. That's why I asked about vr as I'm new to it I wondered if there were issues with mods. Also, what is the best program for extracting the mods? I was using 7zip.

Thanks I meant the steam apps main game folder. That's why I asked about vr as I'm new to it I wondered if there were issues with mods. Also, what is the best program for extracting the mods? I was using 7zip.
7zip should be fine. the only issue with vr and some mods is that since the driver model changed in an AC update, some older mods will have the drivers head still rendered and can clip with your camera.

id just google how to install car mod for ac, there should be tons of videos on youtube etc

Some mods have suspension issues that were created in the last update to the game that prevent you from driving them once ingame. The Ferrari F2002 is one of those cars. We are working on a fix and updating the car with some of the other stuff from 1.7

It won't even load now. I pick a car and track, it starts to load then just comes back to the main screen. What resolution settings? I have it 1920x1080.
did oculus mode ever work for you? if so did you install anything like sweetfx, msi afterburner, fraps or anything like that that can interfere with the game exe? if you force 32 bit in assetto corsa general settings and it starts working that would suggest something is hooking into the 64 bit exe

did oculus mode ever work for you? if so did you install anything like sweetfx, msi afterburner, fraps or anything like that that can interfere with the game exe? if you force 32 bit in assetto corsa general settings and it starts working that would suggest something is hooking into the 64 bit exe
I just tried the game without oculus setting and it works fine but click oculus early version, it does it again. I've looked on the steam forums and quite a few people are having the same issue but nobody has found a solution yet.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 67 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.9%