1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR 60% GPU Usage

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by tlsmikey, Mar 30, 2017.

1. tlsmikey

tlsmikey

Ratings:
    +86
    Anyone else running VR in Raceroom and noticed that the GPU and CPU performance never goes past 60%?

No matter what i've tried, it never scales beyond that and it looks like i'm leaving a lot on the table in terms of performance.

2. Jezziem

Jezziem

Ratings:
    +9
    Personally, I don't have a VR setup, so I can't confirm any issues. What does your GPU usage look like without VR? Normally, that's an indicator for poor CPU performance in relation to your GPU. What are your PC components?

3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,109
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, isn't this an issue with DirectX 9 games?

I read somewhere about DX9 titles not using all the capability of CPU/GPU's but I could be getting the details wrong.

4. Thomas Wilen

Thomas Wilen

Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah, pretty sure this is the issue. The RRRE engine is CPU bottlenecked. I have a 3370K@4.2 and a 1080 and I verified it boosts clocks if i force OC on, but GPU utilization is around 60-70% and no matter what wont go over that while CPU single core is 100% (but total CPU maybe 25%).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +512
    Me to :D.I have 1060 6GB , and GPU utilization across 60/70 %.For example I try AC and I have almost 90 GPU ussage , and only 35/45 CPU ussage so yes I thing R3R engine bottlenecked CPU.In Dirt Rally have this same ussage.