Vote Time: RD Formula One Driver of the Year Awards

I've never denied the fact Max is the best overtaker in the sport :D

Ricciardo is just the better package overall at this point in time. Max makes mistakes and his defense can be dangerous and Ricciardo just seems to have that little more raw pace.

Max can be dangerous.... can be, but it isn't the truth.....the others are just scared and cry babies....some compare Max to Maldonado...so funny... Max never took any driver out of a race! He defends as per rules... And yes, Max makes mistakes, as we all do.... but what he performs in his age, is just great. I can't hear this s**t that he is dangerous or a "Maldonado" anymore. I lean out of the Window a bit a say Max is the best driver in the field. Don't get me wrong, I like Ricciardo...nice guy, fast and good driver...but I bet Max will outperform Daniel next year. I'm dutch...so I see it may be a little with orange eyes. :)

Max can be dangerous.... can be, but it isn't the truth.....the others are just scared and cry babies....some compare Max to Maldonado...so funny... Max never took any driver out of a race! He defends as per rules... And yes, Max makes mistakes, as we all do.... but what he performs in his age, is just great. I can't hear this s**t that he is dangerous or a "Maldonado" anymore. I lean out of the Window a bit a say Max is the best driver in the field. Don't get me wrong, I like Ricciardo...nice guy, fast and good driver...but I bet Max will outperform Daniel next year. I'm dutch...so I see it may be a little with orange eyes. :)

I wouldn't say he was defending to the rules. I think the stewards were lenient and the rules weren't clear (even though I think they were clear but whatever). I'm not saying he's a Maldonado (though he has developed a bit of a reputation in the sense that people were saying about Max taking Rosberg out (that wasn't me saying that by the way)), because he definitely is nowhere near as bad as Maldonado. I do think he's been lucky not to have caused an accident though because moving under braking is dangerous (he looks to have grown out of that habit though so make of it what you will.

but I bet Max will outperform Daniel next year. I'm dutch...so I see it may be a little with orange eyes. :)

I'm betting on Ricciardo (if you haven't bloody guessed it yet), but he have to wait and see.

Ricciardo is the better package at the moment. He has the raw pace, has the guts to go for a pass when the opportunity is there. The only thing he missed at the start of the season was this motivating team mate. That one came one week before the Spanish GP.
After that he was more focussed, more determinant.
To me he is after Max the driver of the year with Sergio 3rd, Fred 4th and Kimi 5th.

And this is why number two drivers don't work anymore (Yep shifting my focus on Ferrari and Kimi now)

Each of the four drivers who won GPs -- all equal.
All have had great days, and mediocre/poor ones too.
Peaks and troughs in form throughout the year have been very noticeable for these drivers.

I realize I'm replying to an older post but...

Ricciardo, who I like, made 36 points in a RBR (3x4th and one 11th) while Max sat in the TR. Max made 13 points in those same races. The points difference is 25. I'd call that pretty even, if not impressive (6th place in a TR isn't the norm).

I don't think you understand those numbers. These are the points scored from the Spanish GP onwards. That doesn't include the first four rounds

I realize I'm replying to an older post but...
Ricciardo, who I like, made 36 points in a RBR (3x4th and one 11th) while Max sat in the TR. Max made 13 points in those same races. The points difference is 25. I'd call that pretty even, if not impressive (6th place in a TR isn't the norm).
Daniel scored a total of 256 points, Max 204.
But i agree that both Carlos and Max did marvelous things with that STR with an old 2015 Ferrari engine!

For me the surprise of the season is Rosberg. Simply because i expected of Max to do the things he did while i wasn't expecting from Rosberg to beat Hamilton although it was the only thing i wished for since Vettel couldn't fight for the title.

Hamilton was a bit off in the end of 2015 and i have written somewhere that Rosberg might be the one winning 2016, but i was as well realistic that Hamilton is faster, but turned out he wasn't really better as well. So, Rosberg for me.

In Spain Daniel did not put a foot wrong. Simple. Sadly his team made a mistake. And the same happened in Monaco, which was in my opinion more heart breaking because he put that RB on pole. The first pole in a long time for Daniel. But like i wrote earlier and i will repeat it again: motorsports is a teamsport. If your tire changer makes one mistake.. your done. And this also includes the team strategist.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back