Vote Time: RD Formula One Driver of the Year Awards

For anyone thinking there is a faster driver than Max should watch the last 2 races of the season again. Who else can overtake a whole field of F1 cars and still get on the podium.
Especially in the rain, were nobody has grip, he seems to drive on a whole different track.
Riciardo is absolutely a bit better overal, but he got stuck on 8th position for many laps were Max was already running for podiumspot. Setting the fastest lap of the race, being the youngest driver ever to achieve that.
Than we thought yea yea, that was on rainy day with new tires, but than a race later Max manages to get from 22nd to 2nd position while taking car of his tires along the way on a dry track, with only 2 places to overtake.
For sure drivers like Hamilton, Riciardo are still better, more complete drivers at the moment.
But imagine Max with 7 or more years experience.
I think Hamilton is currently the best F1 driver, but we all know his days are numbered.

I think Hamilton is currently the best F1 driver, but we all know his days are numbered.
I'd say Hamilton has still got a minimum of 6-7 years left in the sport. Driver's careers are getting longer and it's clear that peak performance can be very late in a driver's career. Just look at Alonso and Button. Some of the best drives of their career's have taken place in the last 3-4 seasons.

Let me throw some good old statistics into the mix

Races
Ricciardo 11-6 Verstappen

Qualifying
Ricciardo 11-6 Verstappen

Podiums
Ricciardo 8-7 Verstappen

This should be about current form, not future potential. It's quite clear to see that Ricciardo has outperformed Verstappen this season

Can you add a statistic of overtakes? Then you know why most vote for Max!

Can you add a statistic of overtakes? Then you know why most vote for Max!
Well that's like saying Hamilton/Rosberg are worse than another driver because they has done (probably) less overtakes than the rest.

Max has done lot of overtakes because he has done big mistakes that took him to the back. And he has the second best cars of the grill, and great skills, that makes him overtake more than if a force India falls from third to last position and has to overtake all the other cars (would probably get stuck in...P10?).

We can see it the other way. Max could have got better results (some more wins maybe) if it wasn't because of his own mistakes. That makes him looks unconsistent and not top level.

So it's simply about how you look it. Haters gonna hate and lovers gonna love. At the end, they are living the dream, and I would prefer driving like Maldonado in the worst ever team than keep driving a g27!

I don't have overtaking statistics for them, sorry!
Of course you don't....

2380104-7543608102-fry-f.jpg

Ricciardo is the better package at the moment. He has the raw pace, has the guts to go for a pass when the opportunity is there. The only thing he missed at the start of the season was this motivating team mate. That one came one week before the Spanish GP.
After that he was more focussed, more determinant.
To me he is after Max the driver of the year with Sergio 3rd, Fred 4th and Kimi 5th.

Ricciardo is the better package at the moment. He has the raw pace, has the guts to go for a pass when the opportunity is there. The only thing he missed at the start of the season was this motivating team mate. That one came one week before the Spanish GP.
After that he was more focussed, more determinant.
To me he is after Max the driver of the year with Sergio 3rd, Fred 4th and Kimi 5th.
Who is Fred? :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back