1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volvo P1800 vs Amazon @ Brands Hatch 07 - Thursday March 8th 2012

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Péter Bártfai, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Car: Volvo P1800, Volvo Amazon
    Track: Brands Hatch 07
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Retro Pack/Race Injection
    Skinpack: Download

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (2x14 laps)

Server and teamspeak password: Passwords
    RD Club Rules: Click here

We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically.

When you have signed up we expect you to be there, if for any reason you can not make it you can sign out 1 hour prior till the practice starts, otherwise you will be reported as a no-show.
    You can not sign up as a maybe, you are there or you are not, we will not reserve grid places for people that might be there, we rather give them to people that will there.

At the moment qualification starts and not all places are taken reserves can go into the server.

To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Chris Gallop
    2. Jorge Alves
    3. Martin Leyfield
    4. Rupe Wilson
    5. Yves Larose
    6. Reggie Blain
    7. Chris Shepherd
    8. Michal Szabo
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
  2. Chris Gallop

Chris Gallop
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Hell yea, good call!
  3. He He! Excellent idea Péter;)
    Im in
  4. Sign me up please. Hope the Mini drivers have a go.
  5. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Yes please...
  6. Jorge - is my skin ready? Sorry I have not been around.
  7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up!
  8. I like it. Below is a teaser. Please add it to the skin pack.
  9. Arunas

"Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

Volvo fight !
    I'm in ;)
  10. Chris Gallop

Chris Gallop
    @ Simberia @Simberia

What's the rule on the first corner?
    2 wheels inside the line or can we use all the green?

PLEASE say all the green, PRETTY please ;)
  11. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

at Brands Hatch the rule at RD was and still is that we are allowed to use the green part at the exit of T1 like it was when it was there in real life.
  12. Chris Gallop

Chris Gallop
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Thanks for the clarification.
    I thought that's what it might be, but the rule's always been white line for the races i've been in (not many).

Now I know.

Cheers Yves.

and just to make things more interesting ... judging by the skins in the skinpack looks its gonna be like this:

Amazon Team
    Yves Larose
    Arunas Linkevicius
    Chris Gallop

P1800 Team
    Martin Leyfield
    Jorge Alves
    Rupe Wilson

What team you choosed Rupe?
  14. Chris Gallop

Chris Gallop
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I'm Amazon.
    The P1800 has nice brakes, but the gearing's worse for Brands and it's a little less responsive IMO.
    Tried doing a 0-100-0 test with mate richie (who'll hopefully be signing up), but the results were .... inconsistant at BEST.
  15. I have no working pedals and have big problems at turn one due to using buttons for gas and brake and loosing the back end over the turn one bump.

I have a work around I think but its scarey:
    1. Brake and turn and get oversteer with car pointing at the inside barrier (heading for doom and destruction)
    2. Opposite lock and a bit of gas to drift out back onto the line just in time and thus miss the inside barrier.

This often involves cutting the inside of the corner but I can't do much about it sorry. I will not be fast and cutting T1 is no advantage so I trust there will be no complaints (the best line through turn one is definitely not cutting the corner as the inside kerb costs you speed.
  16. There seems to be an exception for green run off areas. Same seems to be for Imola and Valencia. At last years F1 Monza race many F1 drivers where going over the white line on the exit of Ascari without penalty even though the rule book says drivers should not go over white lines with all four wheels. The video below shows you where the line is on the exit of Ascari.
  17. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

sorry for delay..P1800 ... because its cooooool;)
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Sign me up pls... should be fun. Any recommendations on wahat car i should use ?
  19. Chris Gallop

Chris Gallop
    @ Simberia @Simberia

The Volvo!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.