2010 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE On)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i think to make the races more interesting, it would be necessary having 2 sprints races instead of a very long race...(eg. 2x 20m), with a peculiarity of having a window for the pit stop.

What I would really like to have this season is two sprint races like the real WTCC instead of one long race, but I'm guessing I'm in the minority.

Sounds like a perfect ramming format to me. I hope we never do a sprint championship again :)

Personally I hope it will be an invitation league only. As RDTCC is our flagship league since a few years I rather race with good drivers that are here for a longer time like with the RDGTC league.

I hope that the season 5 have the fun that the season 4 gave to the drivers.

In my opinion, a sprint (ex:11 laps) and a long race (30 minutes with pit) can be more fun that a single 55minutes race.

Sounds like a perfect ramming format to me. I hope we never do a sprint championship again :)

Personally I hope it will be an invitation league only. As RDTCC is our flagship league since a few years I rather race with good drivers that are here for a longer time like with the RDGTC league.

I don't think a sprint race format has be a ramming format. That doesn't depend on the format, but on the drivers mentality. With an invitation only league you can even regulate the sign up process.

But if the new league also will be a single race format, it won't put me off signing up. Both formats (1 long race or 2 sprint races) has both their specific things and require different driver tactics.

In my opinion, a sprint (ex:11 laps) and a long race (30 minutes with pit) can be more fun that a single 55minutes race.

I thought about that format too but I don't think Race 07 can support different race lengths for the same event which is a real shame as it would be a really nice mix and a call back to the good old days of TOCA 2 on the PS1 :D

I like the two sprint races format too if the grid is filled with clean drivers.

At the end is not the format what provides good or bad driving standards, but driver's behaviour, and I really like the idea of having a second chance if first race goes too wrong.

Cya!.

11 laps are almost 30min, depends on track :)
I think WTCC should be 2 race format and GT one race format just like in real. But still hope to join RDTCC :)

Fernando,

It will not depend on the qualification day if you are in. The sign ups will be open in a few days.
Then every sign up will be reviewed by the driver his dedication, and driving standards!
If you are in. You will see your name in the list
Qualification day is only to determine if you are in div1 or 2.

• Flemming Sichlau

Sounds fine, but when is qual-day ?
And how do you guys determine, who is in and who is out ?

Race Calendar announced:

Calendar

19-Sept-2010 - Qualification Day
26-Sept-2010 - 1st race day
03-Oct-2010 - 2nd race day
10-oct-2010 - 3rd race day
17-oct-2010 - 4th race day
24-oct-2010 - 5th race day

good system as i rember i qualied 210 last time and ended up in the field after several quit. but might not be able now because my ranking is pretty bad :( and don't have a lot of time to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 307 27.6%