Virtual Wheel Animation Lag

Shovas

Premium
I know there's always some lag between the physical wheel and the virtual wheel but R3E is especially lagged. I have a G27. iRacing is almost bang on. I think Assetto Corsa is fine. Race 07 is also fine. What's causing this in R3E? Can it be improved on my end?

just making sure you have already done this, If you drive with visible wheel, i would suggest turning the hands off and show wheel only and match wheel rotation ingame to match what you use on the wheel.

also try turning down or off, some of the gfx settings, mainly the ones you could do without or would hardly notice...not shadows though, they look horrid and completely distracting on anything other than high.

Thanks Jay I had already done that :)

I really should just turn it off but the empty steering column bugged me even more the last time I tried it.

I'll give it another shot

Yeah, turn it off. You don't realize how much you're reacting to that virtual wheel as opposed to focusing on the other info coming at you from the game. It's very liberating.

Yep, it's one of those things that you don't realize how much it's distracting you until you turn it off. Much like the blinking gear indicator in Gran Turismo, I never realized how much I looked at it until I turned it off and started noticing I hit my braking points much more consistently because I was watching the track and not a blinking number.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%