2010 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE On)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oke grats Henrik then and the rest of the podium offcourse.

Race: I was crap today. Q went horrible but still 10th. To many mistakes in the race and a way to long pitstop.
So 5th wasnt bad at all. But got it of other misfortune.

About the final standings. I am very happy, aimed for a top 10 but finally finished in 4th place overall. So very happy with that.
Als second place in the team standings with Andreas so all good. Thanks for the season guys and Hugo, Yuri.

Feedback for next season:

Less racing time. Was abit unfair to the BMW's with 75 min because they needed to pit always twice.
And maybe next season some tracks with less huge straights. Leon and some other cars where to slow on the straights compared to the Volvo and Chevy. I only could keep up with them in the slipstream never make a move.

But overall great. Thanks.

nice one. first of all congratulations to tonight's winner who was in a class of his own and to championship winner, the 5th in a worthy line :)

my race:
quali: did a new PB in my 3rd lap with 2:44:5sth. and left it at that. When I came back from the kitchen it was ok for pos 13 of 16 right behind my teammate but 1.8 secs down if I remember correctly.

start: misjudged cold tires in t2 and down to last. What followed was a hugely pleasing battle for position between Krzystof, Chris, Manuel and me. Did my best overtake of the season when Manuel went wide int2 and I got a good run on him approaching the hairpin where I nabbed him. Funniest move came in lap6 or so when I was seriously late breaking for t2 but heard Manuel and Chris behind breaking even later. After squeezing through the turn (but just so) I looked in the mirror and saw two tiny plumes of virtual sand and dust, one for each of them, both obviously having misjudged their breakpoint, lol.

Pitted in middle of race, by that time three guys had dropped out so I was running in 13th and last 20odd secs down to 12th. Second stint saw me collect two stopn'gos in places where no sane real life marshall would have raised his lil' flag :(
Finished thirteenth, last man running, would have been down 1:20 even without the two stopn'gos, so what the heck!

Thx Hugo and Yuri and anybody else involved in this, great fun throughout, sign me up for #6 :)

Yep I had the fastest lap:tongue: - Miguel only have 1 win, so its Henrik that is the champion, gratz:)

Ah, right but i would prefer two champions - it´s too close, both show a great show this season.

racereport

To begin the qualy i noticed already the less grip, i guess due the less temperatures. Only my last lap in last minute of qualy was quite without mistake which was again P4 as 2 weeks ago.

Behind the two league leaders i was a bit fearing to "decide" the championchip. Anyway i tried to attack and after lap 3 i could really go on P2. Unfortunatly it was too much for me :tongue:. Already the lap i made a mistake and run wide one corner and both pass me again. Asl Hugo was now directly behind me that i got no time to came back in the rythm so we lost contact to top 3 but had a nice battle together with Hugo and Wesley. Shame that with my needed 2 stoppers the fight for P4 was decided. That was a bit the shame this league that ever i had to orientate backwards, was never able to hold at least my starting position or fight for higher places. After my second stop i was nearly last on P12 with already over 1 minute behind the leader. First laps i could decrease the gaps fast but this goes down with every lap. On P7 was finished, i got the tyre wear warning and couldn´t catch Michael in P6.
Sure i made some mistakes (was not my best) this race but to reach Hugo in P4 again was anyhow impossible with the two stops. That´s why i think the RWD and FWD wasn´t really balanced over the distance of 75 min. Maybe only Bahrain with the hot temperatures was an exeption.

Summary we had great races and for me very fair fights for positions. That´s how i imagine racing, :thanks: to our league organication. Also i´m proud to be on the podium with Ivo in the teamstandings, Ivo you run a very good league :good: and sufferd all my maledictions over TS :rolleyes:.

Finishing congrats Jesper for the superior win in today´s race and the win in the teamchampionchip. Furthermore congrats Miguel and Henrik, for me our both champions.

And :thanks: everyone for racing this league, was big fun i guess i meet everyone anywhere in the races :rolleyes:, was great fun.

Hi all,

This season was great... congratulations for the organization of the RDTCC.
For me, this race was very important...I try the pole but Jesper was very fast today....congratulations....

The race was very nice....great battle duting 70m with Henrik....overtaking 5/6 times...

Was very fun...

I hope that season 6 get earlier....Congratulatiosn all drivers...

Miguel Neto

Thanks organizers and all racers that participated, for this grate TC championship :). Had a grate time so i wish for more, and of course big granulations to Henrik for the overall championship GOLD MEDALLION :)

Hello.

First I would like to thanks the organizers for their work. Was not an easy season, the tracks was not favorable for me and not spent much time to prepare. The turning point was probably the AMS Renault track. Really hurt my back, I could hardly even do anything, but I sat down to race. Where I made a bad choice for the tires, still managed back to podium. Despite all this, I really enjoyed the whole season and I want congratulate everyone.

cya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back