Virtual RC Pro

e3520360629571773ff4808697341ee2.png

VRC Pro is leading in the field of RC car simulation and on the 24th of March will become available to an even wider user base with it’s release on to the steam store. VRC Pro markets itself as free to play simulated experience with a wide variety of different options for payment when it comes to opening up more of the games content. With both on and off road content available from the offset this RC simulator is a very interesting one to watch.

VRC Pro is a simulator that advertises to a niche crowd already within the niche genre of simulated online racing. Boasting solid physics, impressive graphic fidelity and very impressive controller support. A small USB attachment is available from the VRC website, vrcworld.com, that allows you to integrate just about any RC car controller for use in the game. A large online community boasts active multiplayer and a vast array of events organized by in game racing clubs and by VRC themselves.

The free to play part of the game allows access to 5 cars and 8 tracks, online mutiplayer and applicable events. The payment options include small transactions for individual components and parts to subscription style payments that unlock all of the content for set periods of time. This is an intuitive pricing system that doesn’t try to have it’s cake and eat it which comes as another breath as was the case with the R3E pricing model. It will be interesting to see how VRC Pro grows with the introduction to steam and hopefully a wider fan base for this small but incredibly impressive little sim racing title.

Along with SimRacing, I have raced RC cars on and off road for over 25 years. This sim is awesome! The physics are great and the graphics are pretty good. I use it for times I can't race the real thing.

I've had it for quite a few years , up until about 2yrs ago. Fun for sure , but you definitely need to be into RC to really enjoy it and understand it. I raced the 1/8th scale buggies for many years. Ran the nitro quite a few years when I started it , then a few years ago went all electric. I don't race any more but it is a very fun ( and extremely expensive hobby ) if you take it seriously.

BTW.....I'm not sure how Steam will operate this , but for the past 10yrs when I was playing around with it , it was yearly subscription. Setup in a way kind of like Iracing. You buy cars and tracks.

Good news! Love that hobby, but it's just too expensive for me right now. This sim can really cut costs for training.
BTW, this is what we will get in steam version:
Official release date is 24th of March 2015. The VRC PRO Standard package gets you 15 cars and 22 tracks for 39.99 EUR. There will probably be a first-week 10% introduction discount on top of that, so 35,99 EUR.

VRC PRO Standard package:
- 15 cars (onroad & offroad, 1:12 to 1:8 scale)
- 22 tracks total (indoor & outdoor)
- Access to all game features & services
- Cars included:
✓ Nitro buggies
✓ Short course trucks
✓ Touring cars
✓ Drifter cars
✓ Pan cars
✓ Sportscars
✓ NASCAR trucks

There will be a Deluxe expansion pack available for additional cars and tracks!

BTW.....I'm not sure how Steam will operate this , but for the past 10yrs when I was playing around with it , it was yearly subscription. Setup in a way kind of like Iracing. You buy cars and tracks.

It's F2P now, for the core game anyway. You can buy extras which you then keep, like R3E :)

I am really excited about this I really love this hobby in the last year I bought one basic car and I will go to the closest race track (Purmarend), but every lap I had some trouble with the car so I sold and maybe for this summer if I have enough money I will buy good one. So now I try this and amazing you can use with your real controller. And I don't heard about before this so thank you RD again:))))

Well, I tried it, got the DL from their site (too excited to wait for steam). It's pretty good, but you really do need to pay if you want to have any real fun with the game. Physics are pretty nice though!

Man, I haven't driven any RC since I was like 10 years old, it's really refreshing to actually see an RC sim rather than a game. At least we get absolute realism with this, given we don't need to take into account any kind of feeling of g force which we obviously lack in AC and the like!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing