Virtual Mirrors in external views?

Hi All,

In earlier versions of rFactor, and also perhaps in GSCE and Formula Truck, whenever you selected an external driving view, eg over the hood/bonnet, the game would automatically display the three virtual mirrors at the top of the screen. This no longer seems to happen.

I know it is possible to enable the virtual mirrors in the cockpit view, but that's not what I'm looking for. Even when enabled in the cockpit view, the virtual mirrors do not display in any external view. I can't for the life of me find a switch in the PLR file, or elsewhere, that might enable the virtual mirrors in those external driving views.

Can anyone offer any assistance with this?

Last edited:
How about Allow Rearview in Swingman="1" ?
That will work for some of the external views, maybe not all.

Thanks heaps for the reply Keith.

Turns out that on my setup, GSCE v1.31 (Steam) that had no effect. However, whilst bumbling around trying different things I came across the answer!

With my G27 controller setup I had been using the "Insert" key to switch to the cockpit view, and then the "Home" key to switch to external views. What I did not realise, and have only just discovered, is that the "Insert" key can be pressed multiple times to cycle through three views. "Cockpit", "Bonnet" and "Nose". The virtual mirrors are displayed in both the Bonnet and Nose views automatically, irrespective of the setting of the flags in the PLR file. DOH!

This is exactly what I was after. Just my misunderstanding of the various view options.

Cheers, and thanks,
Trevor

Thanks heaps for the reply Keith.

Turns out that on my setup, GSCE v1.31 (Steam) that had no effect. However, whilst bumbling around trying different things I came across the answer!

With my G27 controller setup I had been using the "Insert" key to switch to the cockpit view, and then the "Home" key to switch to external views. What I did not realise, and have only just discovered, is that the "Insert" key can be pressed multiple times to cycle through three views. "Cockpit", "Bonnet" and "Nose". The virtual mirrors are displayed in both the Bonnet and Nose views automatically, irrespective of the setting of the flags in the PLR file. DOH!

This is exactly what I was after. Just my misunderstanding of the various view options.

Cheers, and thanks,
Trevor

Can you clarify, what do you mean by
'The virtual mirrors are displayed in both the Bonnet and Nose views automatically, irrespective of the setting of the flags in the PLR file.' What connection do the flags have with the mirrors? Sorry, just got confused with that :)

Can you clarify, what do you mean by
'The virtual mirrors are displayed in both the Bonnet and Nose views automatically, irrespective of the setting of the flags in the PLR file.' What connection do the flags have with the mirrors? Sorry, just got confused with that :)

Sorry mate, what I meant was that using the "Insert" button to select the Bonnet or Nose view would allow the Virtual Mirrors to show without having to modify either of the 'rearview' options in the PLR file. I used the term 'flags' to mean the settings in the PLR file.

Sorry for the confusion ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back