Virginia International Raceway

Tracks Virginia International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 197115

Shadows are pretty bad now, striped with flickering, using Ultra setting, wasn't that noticeable when track was darker..

Colors and illumination now (v1.1) seem more in line with kunos tracks under default filter, not that it looked bad before, but it's a welcome change. Thanks for your efforts, I didn't knew I needed this track until I tried it.

Thank you very much for the update guys. :thumbsup::inlove:

EDIT: Much brighter indeed. I noticed though that a bunch of signs and possibly other objects are very dark even in full sunlight. That might be due to bad ambient lighting in AC though? Like if a sign or object is angled slightly away from direct sunlight get very dark. Either that or perhaps some signs and objects still use the old shader. Also those mobile ads being very dark and "interlaced" with black lines. Again, might be an angle thing. Looks a little odd though and something i didnt think of before so it might have made itself more obvious when "brightening the world".

Anyway, great work guys. :)

EDIT2: Yep its the sun angle so dismiss previous EDIT. Tested to set the day to 9:30 and signs that were very dark before looked good.

Notice: remember guys to uninstall and reinstall the oak tree to get it in the new position. If you forgot the password and dont want to look around for it again, here it is (mark white area): lumberjack

Last edited:
Shadows are pretty bad now, striped with flickering, using Ultra setting, wasn't that noticeable when track was darker..
Nothing we can do about that unfortunately. The shadows in AC have always been bad under certain conditions. As you said, having a brighter scene makes these things more noticeable :(

Thank you very much for the update guys. :thumbsup::inlove:

EDIT: Much brighter indeed. I noticed though that a bunch of signs and possibly other objects are very dark even in full sunlight. That might be due to bad ambient lighting in AC though? Like if a sign or object is angled slightly away from direct sunlight get very dark. Either that or perhaps some signs and objects still use the old shader. Also those mobile ads being very dark and "interlaced" with black lines. Again, might be an angle thing. Looks a little odd though and something i didnt think of before so it might have made itself more obvious when "brightening the world".

Anyway, great work guys. :)

EDIT2: Yep its the sun angle so dismiss previous EDIT. Tested to set the day to 9:30 and signs that were very dark before looked good.

Notice: remember guys to uninstall and reinstall the oak tree to get it in the new position. If you forgot the password and dont want to look around for it again, here it is (mark white area): lumberjack

I'm fairly sure we didn't forget any of the shaders. As with the shadows, AC's lighting leaves a little to be desired especially at high sun angles. Objects seem to look darkest when the sun is directly overhead. If we brighten them up further then they look overly bright in direct sun. It's just a question of compromise really.

The scanline effect on the screens is deliberate to give it a TV style appearance.

Track looks great, and no more fps loss at the tree!!!! Great job guys! Thank you.
Thanks Michael. That's great to know. We did some optimizations on the textures & shadows of the tree. We also switched the leaves to a different shader. I didn't mention it specifically because we weren't sure how much (or even if) it would make any difference. Happy days. :)

Sorry, but I spoke to soon; on medium shadows there is minimal frame drop, but it is still the same when using ultra. No big deal though, track looks wonderful. I am going to delete the folder and do a fresh install just to see if it makes any difference, but then it is back to trying to figure out what in the world 'thunder box' is a clue for.

@dazzyb2k3 Yeah indeed i noticed it looked good at another sun angle. 9:30 is perfect for the track as it also cast beautiful light on the oak tree when coming into it. :) TV screens although deliberate, they are very dark. Nitpick and i dont mind at all. Only reason i mention it is cause i wondered if there is a shader to make it look like it glows? Not with emitting light but with just bright screen that show during evenings.

@dazzyb2k3 Yeah indeed i noticed it looked good at another sun angle. 9:30 is perfect for the track as it also cast beautiful light on the oak tree when coming into it. :) TV screens although deliberate, they are very dark. Nitpick and i dont mind at all. Only reason i mention it is cause i wondered if there is a shader to make it look like it glows? Not with emitting light but with just bright screen that show during evenings.
They were set to be mildly emmisive. It's perhaps not as noticeable since everything is brighter. I'll put it on my list for the next round of inevitable tweaks :p

Sorry, but I spoke to soon; on medium shadows there is minimal frame drop, but it is still the same when using ultra. No big deal though, track looks wonderful. I am going to delete the folder and do a fresh install just to see if it makes any difference, but then it is back to trying to figure out what in the world 'thunder box' is a clue for.

Google is your friend, g'day!

They were set to be mildly emmisive. It's perhaps not as noticeable since everything is brighter. I'll put it on my list for the next round of inevitable tweaks :p
Hehe cool man. :) I noticed some track that was made specifically for night racing where signs etc used shaders to look like they were backlit signs, and ive seen it in other games as well like Fallout 4 where a mod made posters and signs look like they are lit up during night time, and i thought that would look really cool (and realistic) on tracks where for example you drive early morning or late afternoon and see for example signs around the track that are lit up that way. Especially cool was i thought about a track where you had maybe a gas station or restaurant outside the track further away where a sign was lit up. Kinda like great atmosphere outside of the track.

Yeah, its a very minor detail, but never hurts with a bit of ideas eh. :)

I don´t know because not work, the 1.0 or 1.1. The track appear on the menu but when I selected the practise, load the track, load the car and later come back to the menu.
I have an amd fx6300 with gtx750ti OC and 8 Gb RAM. I´ve tried with minimum settings and it does not work...

I don´t know because not work, the 1.0 or 1.1. The track appear on the menu but when I selected the practise, load the track, load the car and later come back to the menu.
I have an amd fx6300 with gtx750ti OC and 8 Gb RAM. I´ve tried with minimum settings and it does not work...
Can you post your logs please. Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back