Tracks Virginia International Raceway WIP

banner.jpg

Hi all,

This an official continuation of the original thread over at the AC forums:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/virginia-international-raceway-wip.30552/

Thanks to everyone for your continued support of this project. As many of you know it's been a difficult few months but we have been working hard behind the scenes to bring VIR to life in all it's glory. Sorry for the lack of updates but It's with great pleasure that I'm finally able to disclose some concrete information about the current status of VIR.

After almost two years(!) of work we are now in the closing stages of the project. All the modelling work is complete. We have all seven layouts fully working with AI. Things have been optimized and already put though several rounds of bugfixing. As of yesterday we have the first release candidate ready for testing.

Over the next few days we'll be distributing this to selected testers for feedback (our internal group already have it).

Once we have addressed any issues that arise, the track will be ready to release. Tentatively i'm gunning for the weekend of 9th-11 Sept.

In the meantime here's a few key features and a couple more shots. More to follow :)

Seven layouts fully functioning:
Full, North, South, Grand East, Grand West, Patriot & Patriot Reverse
33 grid spots (full course)
2016 Spec track with new kerbing, paving and sponsors
3D Grass
Accurate topology (recreated from technical data and tested by actual drivers)
Physical road mesh
Lots of trackside details
Extra cams by norbs
A ton of cool stuff to discover

Thanks again.

DB, Rigel & Arthur666.

9.jpg
8.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

WOOOHOOO!!! So very excited for the release of this. Thanks for all the hard work and this dedicated thread w/screenshots. That shot of the field coming up through the esses made me a bit light-headed. My god, I can't wait to do that. :D

Excellent news.

Good to see you around again Darren. VIR is looking better than ever, and now with no visible gravity-defying trackside adboards :p

Thanks for all the hard work guys.

Im beta testing the track and its awesome guys! the track itself its wicked and the job darren and co has done is triple a quality as we have come to expect! Everyones in for a real treat!

Really love that you guys are still on it, looks really great (but I have no idea of track modding :D). Hope the performance is in the region of the stock tracks, but with those names there I don't doubt it :thumbsup:

Really love that you guys are still on it, looks really great (but I have no idea of track modding :D). Hope the performance is in the region of the stock tracks, but with those names there I don't doubt it :thumbsup:
It's scratch built and it didn't come from RTB so should perform just fine....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back