Virgin Media agrees Sky Sports F1 deal

SkySportsF1-commentary-team-2012.jpg

Virgin Media have confirmed that they will carry the new Sky Sports F1 channel to be launched in early March.
The dedicated channel will be available to Virgin Media users who subscribe to the Sky Sports package, though it's yet to be confirmed if the additional channel will come at an extra cost.

"We're delighted to be able to offer this new channel right from the off as it's certain to be an exciting Formula 1 season with a record number of races and six former or current world champions racing for the title," said Cindy Rose, Virgin Media executive director of digital entertainment.

The deal opens up the channel to a further 3.8 million users who have Virgin Media in their homes, adding to Sky's 10m subsciber base.

Rob Webster, director of Sky's commercial group, added: "As the new home of the world's most exciting motorsport series, Formula 1 is going to get the full Sky Sports treatment.

"Extending the distribution of our dedicated channel is great news for all Sky Sports subscribers, enabling millions of pay TV homes to enjoy the benefits of our innovative coverage and investment in must-see content."
It's expected that BT Vision won't carry the channel, but this is yet to be confirmed.

source

It´s insane how much Virgin "products" there are out there :) Branson must be proud..
virgin condoms too? no im kidding.

im with Virgin, have been since early 2002, they are great, ten times better then sky.... im not prepared to pay that amount of money on F1, no matter how much i love the sport, i won't leave myself without money pfft.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back