Video Rendering

Hey, basically Im putting up live gameplay vids off several games with members from RD (Chris Butcher, Toby Davis and maybe Ryan Callan).

Iv got myself Sony Vegas and Im just wondering what is the best way to render the video to maintain quality but reduce the file size. Im very new to this and Im starting from the bottom and basically just messing around with settings at the moment.

Any help would be apriciated :D

These are my settings, note that you'll need a fair amount of HDD space available (roughly 100gb depending on length of the video).

When rendering go to ".avi" and then default template (uncompressed) and use these settings:
vegassettings2.png

vegassettings.png

Download a free program called Easy H.264, and use the settings 29.97/59.94 fps (depending on what you rendered at, and render at what you record at) and choose Brassemmense HD 720p (Big). Click start encoding and a few minutes later you're done ^_^ I know it sounds like a little bit of work but this quality is amazing and relatively small file size when it's done encoding, the uncompressed file it massive.

I stopped playing those games few years ago. If am I going for an action game, I play mostly ArmA, or OFP (by Bohemia Interactive, not the new Codemaster)... they at least give me some feel of reality :)

But to the videos, very good quality. I must say I like that, it reminds me times when I used to play CoD etc. :)

Thanks for the feedback Ondrej, really helps me out just an outside view of how watch-able the content is etc. Another Video will be up in about an hour and will be rendered using the program that was recommended above :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back