• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Video card / monitor setup

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Roaders, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Roaders

Roaders

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I am going to be building a new PC soon, mostly for work but I want to be able to play Project Cars on it as well.

My plan is to have 1 widescreen monitor in the center - in portrait orientation and 2 4:3 monitors either side. This works great for developing but I not sure if it's supported. Will Project cars work with this monitor set up?

Secondly I was thinking about getting 2 video cards. I'm planning on getting a 4GB GTX 760. If I got a second and linked them with SLI would that work? Would all the monitors plug into one video card or what?

I've never built a system with more than one video card so I don't know how this stuff works.

Many Thanks

2. Bram

Bram
    #27 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +15,962
    Moved your thread to the sim racing hardware forum, as I think you'll get more chance on an answer here.

Hopefully somebody can help you out @Roaders

3. Alberto Casado

Alberto Casado

Ratings:
    +788
    I don't know about pcars, but portrait orientation for the center screen is a waste of screen, you will spend one third of it showing the sky and another third showing the (usually not so interesting) cockpit.

I believe the only way to have triples with nvidia is to have two cards. With AMD you can do it with a single card, but you will likely need an active display port adapter (about 30eur) in order to connect your monitor.

4. Roaders

Roaders

Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks

5. Roaders

Roaders

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I realise it's not that good for racing but that's the setup I want for work...
    Thanks for the reply