Victory row continues in WC

Precision Motorsports took the best out of a weekend shadowed by server issues in the World Series, which resulted in rescheduling of the event on a later date.

World trophy saw the Precision cars line up in pole position for championship leader Pedro Melim with a standout performance from Emre Uysal to take his first front row start and lock out the front row for Precision Motorsports. Allar Foht took the 6th spot. Five lights went out and the Hungarian Grand Prix began with all cars having a strong start only for Pedro Melim to lose one spot due to a dangerous manoeuvre from Fabricio Teidy. Melim then lost his front wing on lap two which left him to drive a damage limitation race from then on.
Emre Uysal drove strongly with Allar Foht just behind until Emre pitted quite early with Allar Foht staying out 23laps into the race. Both were in strong positions to win the race now.Late on Emre had to make a 2nd stop for tyres when disaster struck as another driver had already taken his pitbox which dropped Emre back due to lost time in the pits. Allar Foht worked his way into the lead while Martin Gosebee caught and passed him with a mere two laps to run. Allar then unfortunately ran out of fuel which promoted Emre Uysal one spot to finish the race in a positive fourth position considering his pit stop problem while championship leader Pedro Melim finished in tenth picking up little but ultimately valuable points.

Press_36.jpg

In World Championship Bono Huis continued his impressive qualifying performances by taking his sixth career pole, accompanied by Ronny Hähnel in third. The start saw no change of position in the top, as Huis managed to defend his lead successfully against Dennis Hirrle. The championship leader's race was complicated somewhat when he came into an early first pit stop due to a 3-stop strategy. The Dutchman was however able to clear out the slower cars swiftly and return back to the victory fight.

Press_37.jpg

Behind Huis Rasmus Tali and Hähnel conducted a racelong fight against each other and Mikko Puumalainen, but the two-stopping Finn gained track position and was able to keep a net third until the chequered flag despite a couple of good overtaking attempts from Tali, who eventually finished fourth. Hähnel finished fifth, followed by Jaakko Mikkonen, who had a relatively pieceful race on a 2-stop strategy.

Press_38.jpg

The fifth victory of the season for Huis and the fifth straight for the team meant the Dutch extended his already impressive championship lead into 54-points to with six races to go. The failure of Twister-Racing to score more than 2 points increased Precision's lead in the constructors' championship to 88 points.

The following race takes place on this very weekend at the legen-dary Spa-Francorchamps. Stay tuned!

Bono Huis (1st) commented:
"A perfect weekend for me, taking the win and my main opponent in the championship, retiring in this race. Qualifying was great, my first lap was the best lap of the session as usual, took my 6th pole of the season. The start is always crucial here in Hungary, Dennis passed me immediately but then I braked as late as possible in t1 and I managed to pass him and keep P1 which was really important. In the first few laps I could pull away quite easy but towards the end of the 1st stint the gap was staying the same. I decided to go for a 3 stop strategy which was the best strategy for me, I expected Dennis to do the same so I was a little bit worried when he stayed out and went for a 2 stop strategy. Fortunately he didn't gain much time on me when he was on the fresher tyres. So in the last 30 laps I was taking it quite easy, and won my 5th race of the season. Super result obviously with Bruno not finishing, so I've a comfortable lead in the championship now. Thanks to the team for the great setup work once again."

Rasmus Tali (4th) commented:
"Pace was realy promising in Q and R setup, but I wasn't feeling good yesterday propably because of lack of air movement and heat. Had some lag issues as from my view cars were flickering a bit but I got a clean start and first few laps and made up 5 positions.
After that I was quite confident to fight for 2nd-4th position, unfortunatley driving errors on two of my inlaps damaged my race and I ended up in 4th position.
Great job again from the team. Looking forward to SPA where I want to rehabilitate my Hungary driving."

Ronny Hähnel (5th) commented:
"Weekend was quite good, better than expected. I did a really good qualifying as I was 2 tenths of a second faster than my PB.
The race was ok. Our strategy didn't work as well as it should, so only 5th position was possible. But I gained a bit points in the Championship and that was my target. And gratulations to Bono who did an awesome Weekend."

Jaakko Mikkonen (6th) commented:
"Qualifying was a nice surprise. I was sort of expecting even worse.
Start of the race was normal as normal can be, which was then followed by a long stint behind slower cars. After mid race people seemed to disappear, which granted me the 6th position where I also finished at.
Not too bad, taking in to consideration that passing isn't really possible at this track"

Ondrej Kuncman, Precision Motorsports team manager commented:
"Obviously I am very pleased for the result in World Championship, Bono drove incredibly as usually. As we expected Hungary could have been a very crucial weekend in the championship and it was with Twister scoring just 2 points. However we need to stay focused and take it race by race, nothing is won yet. WS was struck by a server failure so nothing much to say about that, we were in a very strong position so it is a shame. In WT we have been extremely unfortunate with Emre having to wait for 30 seconds in pits behind another car. In any case at this stage of the season it is not important to win every race anymore, our sights are set on the championships only now and we are not far. The next 2 races will be decisive as they won't be our strongest ones."

Precision Motorsports
Official Press Release
written by John-Eric Saxen
www.precision-motorsports.de

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 196 14.6%