VHR Mod

Steel stuff and then give credit doesnt make it right :)

I understand that, and I'm not being confrontational here, I'm actually curious, because how does everyone know it's stolen? Not that it's even stealing... more like copy-right infringement, but anyways...

Is it a known thing, or just assumed because they packaged a few mods together that they are "stealing" these mods? Because personally, after just getting rFactor, I really don't mind someone making a one-install package instead of me having to go find 20 different downloads just to be able to play Nascar, having to wait a few days to reuse rapidshare and mediafire downloads, etc... I think you get my point.

Plus, I don't have $50 for Arca, heh.... I like to support developers, but I also like to buy games on sale, and I don't see much chance of that happening with Arca.

No I don't get your point to be honest. But i am also tired of having to explain the same stuff over and over again.
Its a fact that some people exactly know what's right and wrong, and another group simply looks the other way and graps all that is "free" without any respect to developers that try to run a business (which is not the case with this mod i think).

The fact is that a lot of the tracks that are included in this mod are not scratch build and there is some reasonable doubt that the cars aren't either.

Well I'm not trying to "look the other way", which is why I'm asking about it.... The point I was asking about was the Nascar Black Edition, which combines mods together, and says so, for free, isn't "stealing" like some people seem to call it as far as I know... unless of course, they took their stuff from Arca, a something you have to pay for.

If they are combining free mods, with all credit given, into one easy to install package though, I really don't see why people would have a problem with that. Of course, I am also new to this whole community so I may be ill-informed.

I have asked on other forums in the past about this mod. Here was the response

PWF is not around to ask for permission on the IROC model, but I highly doubt The Pits allowed the Aero88 models to be used.

A brief description of nascar black from there site.

for years now we have found, downloaded, driven and critiqued racing games from across the world… when our ideas were shared among the masses, it would sometimes be implemented, other ideas were ignored and we went on to the next game or mod.
that is where rBlack Edition comes to life… no more will we simply ask for what we want in so much as physics and graphics and styling and usage.. we will make the changes ourselves and show the world how we think it should have been…
we will not take credit for any work…
we will not profit from our work…
we will not discredit any other’s work…
we will offer what we have found with what we think it needs…
no more… no less…

So I see it saying they take mods, add there twist and add it to nascar black.

So it looks like they rip mods and tweak the physics and things to suit themselves? There is no statement that they have permission from the mod producers, so in my opinion it seems to look like they are ripped?

I see they say they dont take credit for anything but im my view taking another mod, altering it and adding it to another mod without permission could well be ripping. Of course if the original mod teams stated at the time that they didnt mind porting then thats fine, but how is RD to be sure of that? RaceDepartment is only trying to cover its ass.

If they are not I will gladly appologise with open arms.

Its a big problem with nascar type mods, for some reason they seem to accept it as the norm, bits borrowed from here and there. Its just so hard to find anything with scratch built content.

All in all if you really want the best physics/tracks/GFX and correct full flag rules working without having a large hole in your bank balance for iRacing, ARCA is the way to go. The tracks are far better than any rF converted tracks and you dont have to pay $25 or so per track :)

Get this Arca in the beginning used SCE stuff how can you hence towards that ****. Now they have there own models but in the begining they had SCE **** because they used to be on the SCE team. Know all the facts before moving to stuff Arca is still good but they are Copy Right infringmenters lol well good luck guys on choosing a mod or sim to race in i still say nascar heat is the best.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back