Vettel vs Alonso: 2012 Formula One WDC (UPDATE)

If we are going to play the IF game then Hamilton should have busted their asses with 300+ points on the board!
Absolutely true. At the beginning of the season when Button and Hamilton were dominating in Australia I really thought it would be a walk in the park for McLaren this year.

Luck wasn't really on their side I guess

several videos show it wasn't yellow!

and HAHAHAHA - sorry Ferrari was always and will always be a cheating team "let Michael pass for the championship" or "oops, the submission of Massa just broke".. or " Schumacher tries hitting Villeneuve." ect. ect. ect..

Sorry - no RBR and Vettel deserve the victory especially after the bs after the Austin GP!

you mean BS that are literally 200% legal since they are written in the regulations?

I dont think Ferrari would of done it such thing was "blurry" in the way it was worded or illegal at all, they try to get their driver every chance, and Massa was a teammate and agreed to it to give him a helping hand.

Is team work, unlike every questionable thing that RBR did in 2011...yeah wouldnt point at them too much, then again..

"whine whine whine about something with the stupid overtakes" - Vettel - Austin GP.

several videos show it wasn't yellow!

and HAHAHAHA - sorry Ferrari was always and will always be a cheating team "let Michael pass for the championship" or "oops, the submission of Massa just broke".. or " Schumacher tries hitting Villeneuve." ect. ect. ect..

Sorry - no RBR and Vettel deserve the victory especially after the bs after the Austin GP!

you mean BS that are literally 200% legal since they are written in the regulations?

I dont think Ferrari would of done it such thing was "blurry" in the way it was worded or illegal at all, they try to get their driver every chance, and Massa was a teammate and agreed to it to give him a helping hand.

Is team work, unlike every questionable thing that RBR did in 2011...yeah wouldnt point at them too much, then again..

"whine whine whine about something with the stupid overtakes" - Vettel - Austin GP.
Know your facts, Vettel was not whining about Hamiltons overtake.... the HRT was obviously blocking him, that is why he understandably got frustrated !

okay - it is getting ridiculous as it was 89 with Senna... if he did something wrong it should be penalized in the race not at the end..
Stewards didn't see it as an incident so it had to be all good!.. end of story Ferrari maybe next year..
So if you crash a driver on propose to win it's ok you win :O_o:

Senna deserved to be DQ on 89 and I'm glad he was.

let's make one point clear, all teams are "dirty" and all teams if they find a loop hole in the rules be sure they will use it,so stop crying about "Ferrari braking the seal"it was illegal and they got penalty?red bull would have done the same in that position or any other team, think straight for once...

Surely it makes no difference if there was a green flag on the marshals post at the end of pit lane if they are then displaying YELLOW flags after that, the current flag in view is the one you should pay attention to, regardless of whether it is being indicated correctly or not, he also passed on the front straight under Yellow regardless of the fact it was supposed (so the FIA say at least) to be Red & Yellow, it is not up to the driver to second guess what the track marshals mean, he should obey the flags displayed whether he agrees with them or not, not withstanding the fact he caused a collision which retired Bruno Senna at the start which he also never got a penalty for !

If that had been Hamilton he probably would have had his licence revoked or some such rubbish.

Oops, I see the embedding didn't work for the vid.

Just click on the link then and view it on Youtube. It was clearly a legal pass. All 3 of them.

That guy's video is clearly very detailed and objective. He just missed one small little detail that someone else picked up on.

Vettel Overtakes

Sérgio Marques
So because Vettel drove in your opinion better the last few races, Alonso didn't deserve to win the titel. What about the first half of the season where Alonso drove better? That doesn't matter?

Many drivers did great season start's, but in end, when things get harder, they just :poop:! Like Hamilton in 2007.
Well, this last GP start from Vettel is hardly much better than Hamilton's in 2007.

F1 Fanatic: According to AMuS, the FIA's Charlie Whiting has confirmed Vettel's pass on Vergne was legal: link.

Said AMuS article is in German, so here's a translation of the most important bit.
auto motor und sport hat sich die GPS-Streckengrafiken der entsprechenden Runden besorgt und bei FIA-Rennleiter Charlie Whiting nachgefragt, um die beiden strittigen Szenen zu analysieren. Ergebnis: Vettel hat nichts falsch gemacht.

auto motor und sport managed to get ahold of the GPS track data for the laps in question and asked FIA race director Charlie Whiting to analyze the controversial parts. Result: Vettel didn't do anything wrong.

Fair play is important to me but right now I think that both Alonso and his fans are trying to make something happen that wasn't meant to happen.

Nonetheless, Ferrari just announced that they've asked the FIA for clarification.
La Ferrari ha chiesto, tramite una lettera, un chiarimento alla FIA in merito al sorpasso di VET su VER nel corso del giro 4 del GP Brasile.
Ferrari sent a letter to the FIA and requested clarification ​​about the overtaking of VET VER during the 4th lap of the Brazilian Grand Prix.

My Italian is pretty bad but even tho it's prolly not an exact translation the meaning is 100% correct.

Also, another article from autosport.com just surfaced.

FIA says 'no case' to answer in Vettel overtaking controversy

No justice in the world when a car that grips like its glued to the track and has had many enquires and forced to change the car for rule breaking wins its 3rd title.
Im gutted for alonso deserves this world title for his car was a bag of bolts to drive.

If it wasnt for that french driver in spa this would of been different.

Yeah and for an HRT in Malaysia. Or some alternatos in Valencia and Monza. Like Bram said: if you want to play the if game McLaren would've crushed the competition.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back