Vettel: 'I'd Prefer Kimi Instead Of Alonso'

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Sebastian Vettel has strongly signalled his preference for Kimi Raikkonen over Fernando Alonso as his new team-mate at Red Bull next season.

With Mark Webber set to retire from F1 at the end of the current campaign, a seat alongside Vettel will become vacant, with Lotus’ Raikkonen and Ferrari’s Alonso believed to be the front runners for the position.

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner fuelled rumours when he refused to deny Alonso was in the race to replace Webber following Sunday’s Hungarian Gran Prix, but reigning champion Vettel seems to see off track issues with the Ferrari man as a potential obstacle.

When asked his preference between the Finn and the Spaniard, Vettel said: ‘I’d prefer Kimi. I need to be careful now, but nothing against Fernando. I really respect him a lot as a driver. But I respect Kimi on track, off track, because he has always been very straight with me. From that point of view it would be a bit easier.’
View the Post on the Blog

Last edited:
Yeah, of course he would prefer Kimi. Alonso would just beat him in every race in the same car ;)
That's not the case Rami, Raikonen is in the same level as Alonso. The thing is, Kimi and Vettel are friend outside of the tracks.
I think RedBull will end up giving Webbers car to Ricciardo because both Alonso and Kimi won't just accept to be Vettel's number 2.

That's not the case Rami, Raikonen is in the same level as Alonso. The thing is, Kimi and Vettel are friend outside of the tracks.
I think RedBull will end up giving Webbers car to Ricciardo because both Alonso and Kimi won't just accept to be Vettel's number 2.

Yeah that's the most likely scenario ;)

When you guys say that they won't accept being no.2 to Vettel you are unknowingly saying that Vettel is better than them, in which i strongly believe! But people are pessimist over that due to the car he has, or the fact which remains that it is the car he build!

So, whoever comes i think Vettel will be better. He is in that state of mind that doesnt bother too much with anything else but his job and he is controlling everything, typical german, same as Schumacher :) i have no doubts in Vettel

I think Alonso will only move to Red Bull if he knows he will be number one, so not a hope he will be going there, although lately he must be getting sick of driving in an uncompetitive Ferrari, so who knows. But this is the perfect opportunity for a Torro Rosso driver to step up into Red Bull, so I cant see it being anyone else other than Ricciardo. The main function of Torro Rosso is to nurture young talent and to bring in young drivers from the Red Bull driver development programme and see if they are good enough for a potential Red Bull drive. Coulthard announced his retirement in 2008, Vettel was terrific in the STR and they gave him the seat. In 2013, Webber announced his retirement so basically the same thing will happen again, i.e a Torro Rosso driver will replace him - Ricciardo of course.

In an ideal world, Kimi or Alonso at Red Bull would be amazing alongside Vettel. But I dont see that happening....

Yeah, of course he would prefer Kimi. Alonso would just beat him in every race in the same car ;)

Not to that extent, but it would be interesting to see how Vettel would perform if he had a competitive teammate such as Alonso.

Coulthard announced his retirement in 2008, Vettel was terrific in the STR and they gave him the seat. In 2013, Webber announced his retirement so basically the same thing will happen again, i.e a Torro Rosso driver will replace him - Ricciardo of course.
You want to say that from 2015-2018, Ricciardo will take 4 titles.:rolleyes: I don't like RB, but wold love to see Kimi and Seb in same team, just because it would be great racing in every race.

When you guys say that they won't accept being no.2 to Vettel you are unknowingly saying that Vettel is better than them, in which i strongly believe! But people are pessimist over that due to the car he has, or the fact which remains that it is the car he build!

So, whoever comes i think Vettel will be better. He is in that state of mind that doesnt bother too much with anything else but his job and he is controlling everything, typical german, same as Schumacher :) i have no doubts in Vettel
No I think they are just saying that they won't accept being # 2. It doesn't follow that they are unknowingly saying Vettel is better lol.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%